It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Died In my House Last Night

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: rival

Nothing heroic just doing the right thing in a strange situation, any marine would have done the same, hell any decent human being would have done the same I would like to think.

Curious what your Dogs did ?

Did they attack ?

Just Curious...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

a reply to: rival

Nothing heroic just doing the right thing in a strange situation, any marine would have done the same, hell any decent human being would have done the same I would like to think.

Curious what your Dogs did ?

Did they attack ?

Just Curious...

Yeah they attacked him but they didn't hurt him they got ahold of his pant leg until I called them off it all happened so quick

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Not your fault. As far as weirdness goes, yah that was weird.

Reminded me of the time my dog died. The next day our mailman told us his dog died the night before (same day as ours) and then my sister in law called and said her dog got run over the same day. Thats three dogs all dying on the same day.

Whatever the reason for these seemingly synchronous events… well, whatever the reason. Would be nice if we got telegrams from beyond explaining this stuff to us.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That is wierd

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

That is weird

Ours was just pets. Yours was people, a friend and stranger. Not related in any way by blood, history… anything?

Weirder… what won't be weird is the wondering you will do for the rest of your life about it. Just remember…

not_ your_ fault.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You reacted pretty darned well.

I know all about delayed reactions my friend. Im perfect in a crisis ( and have experience with it enough to know) but later on I am troubled. SOmetimes a few days later it will fall on me out of nowhere. Seems thats what youre doing now. Most first responders know this feeling and phenomenon all too well... and sometimes without giving out any identifying info if you call they will tell you what happened afterward. If you know what ambulance co it was.. call and see if they can hook you up with the drivers that responded to your address... or leave your # for a call back. Some will/can... others wont/cant.
The thing is.. decide firmly after a bit of deliberation if you WANT or NEED to know the last chapter in the book. Sometimes its no real comfort. Justa FYI.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I truly feel for ..it had to be very traumatic,,,as I have had to deal with this many times as a firefighter an EMT ... it is never easy.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Aside from drugs, could have been a neighborhood teen, who tried to kill himself by swallowing something and changed his mind, anyway he was trying to live. I really hope they pumped it out of him at the hospital and he's still here. So heart wrenching.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

It was drugs and he wasn't a neighborhood kid he was from 11 miles away bought drugs in my neighborhood

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Its still terribly sad. Overdosed teenager. I'm glad he made it to your house.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wow.

Terrible things happen all the time... but they're usually out of sight and mind. You really had the world come crashing in on you, and for that trauma I'm truly sorry.

Take comfort in that you did everything right... many people would freeze or act out violently as a first response. You did not. The kid was lucky to randomly choose your house.

Acknowledge PTSD and perhaps take some measures against it... these emotional responses to trauma can linger and cause disruption.

Take care.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hey brotherman.....cheer up....a little neighbour kid was riding his trike on the fourth floor balcony opposite our third floor kitchen.....He literally backed that trike right through a rotten piece of the porch wall, and fell four stories to the pavement below......
Nobody saw him go by our window but me, as I was facing it.....and they all dutifully followed me into the back courtyard when I jumped and ran out.....
The kid, a little five year old boy, was laying sprawled half on his side with blood pouring from every orfice on his head.....the bottom of his skull, where it contacted the paving was flat as the pavement.....
He moaned a little as I reached him...so I knew he wasn't dead anyways.....
We called an ambulance and tore out a locked gate for the stretcher boys while we waited...keeping the kid immobilized and under constant observation speaking to him all the while....
Story short they hauled him away....and three hours later, he was up there playing on that same balcony hardly the worse for wear.....
Youth, and the human body can take incredible trauma and survive....hope yer boy makes it too...
edit on 17-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That does sound like a pretty traumatic ordeal, and I'm sorry to hear it. Good for you for trying to help though.

The title of this thread reminded me of a recent time when a man (also named Joe) was discovered dead in my good friends house (while I was there.) He had been renting a room in the house for decades, and although I was there day in and day out for years, I NEVER knew this guy lived there... never saw him.

Well they found him dead in his room, already bluing. He was naked in the middle of the floor. His room was literally stacked ceiling high with two-liter bottles filled with his own urine. Every drawer was full of two-liter bottles of urine. The man had severe mental disabilities and never came out of his room (which was adjacent to the upstairs bathroom of the house.) The really chilling part was that there are no photographs of him at all. I will never know what he looked like, just like I never knew he was there.

Another particularly creepy thing was that when they were cleaning out his room, my friend found several little trinkets that had gone missing over the years. Things like spikes and charms from necklaces, and little figurines... so apparently Joe had gone through their personal effects while they were away...

Like I said, it just reminded me of that, and I wanted to share, sorry to detract from the OP.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Very heroic of you!
It is definitely sad when people harm themselves, but one can only wish they are around to help when it happens. That, and that they have the gumption to do what needs to be done in a critical situation.

Edit to add: Did you ever follow up with the hospital?
edit on 17-5-2014 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Please understand,I am not trying to derail this thread in the least.But I feel at this point that something needs to be said so that ANYONE that finds themselves around a seizuring person knows what to do.

IT IS A MYTH ABOUT BITING OFF YOUR TONGUE.Please do not for any reason put your hand near someone's mouth nor attempt to put anything in they're mouth when they are having a seizure.You CAN end up causing them to choke to death on something.

My sister is a registered nurse and told me that you are never to put anything at all in someone's mouth that is having a seizure.Sorry to get a bit off topic,but this is important for all to know,you never know when you might end up around that situation.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I disagree to an extent, I am trained mainly in physical trauma as it would apply to marines in combat I am a 5 time marine infantry vet that has been involved in all kinds of situations including those that people will die if nothing is done. It is not a myth people with seizures break their teeth and bite or just bite off their tongue I have seen it 2 times and had nothing to do with an OD I heavily suggest if anyone in this thread ever sees someone like this open an airway and prepare to keep them from further damage to themselves situation always dictates

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Awesome write up for ATS. Fist bump and OP is
fortunate to come away from this experience, not only
with all ten digits? But also you know a little more about
yourself. So good on you OP.

Do you plan on following up on this youngster? Because if you
don't, you are going to be nagged by it your whole life. Believe
me I know first hand.

Let us know....

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Maybe he knew he was in trouble and in his confused state he headed into the nearest house believing if he drank something like detergent then it might make him vomit and get the bad stuff out of his system.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Sorry you had to experience something like that. Seems very random but I bet the kid is glad you and your buddies were there to help him out. If they got him intubated and got his ticker going, he should be ok...Young adults and kids can withstand a whole lot more and compensate longer than middle aged and older adults can.

Seizures freak me out and I am nurse who sees them frequently. If you ever encounter someone having a seizure again, just make sure they are safe by keeping their head from hitting anything and they should be o.k. They can bite your fingers off but will rarely bite their own tongue, etc. so it's not a good idea to put anything in their mouth. Plus, it will make it harder for them to breathe. A lot of people do what they see on tv or on medical shows. When they stop seizing they are what is called "postictal" and will be in a very, very deep sleep. You can then turn them on their side (recovery position, AKA HAINES recovery position) so that their airway will be open and free to drain any secretions freely.

Here's a link explaining the recovery position: Recovery Position/First Aid

As a nurse, I think it is important that everyone who is able take a class on CPR and basic first aid. You never know when you may need to help out in a situation like you did last night. Kudos to you and your pals for helping out a total stranger in need.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Sorry you had to go through that.
Look at it this way maybe the guy picked that house knowing there was someone there that could help him.
Namely you. I like to think the universe puts us where we need to be when we are needed.
Though I think I'm used as a universal speed bump.

I had a older gentlemen die in my sleeping bag.
I was leading a boy scout troop and one of the older troop leaders had a heart attack.
So we used my sleeping bag to keep in warm until the ambulance arrived.
The ambulance got lost and the gentleman passed away.
I had to sleep in the sleeping bag that night. Still use it to this day as weird as that sounds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join