It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Died In my House Last Night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Last night was one of the strangest and heart wrenching times I have ever had. Last night my good friend and neighbor had passed away His name was Joe and was a recipient of the Bronze star with a V for valor during his service of Vietnam as a US Marine 0311. I had to go up and help his wife and kids with the DD 214s and get there papers in order. After all that was done my buddy, roomate, and I were BBqing and drinking beer me and my friend Nate were out back at the grill and my roomate went inside when we hear her scream and a really loud crashing noise. We run inside and there was a young man I had never met before in my life laying inside my bathroom trying to drink dawn dish detergent with his head in the toilet like it was one of those salon things. My buddy grabs him as to restrain him when I notice that this guy was having a drug over dose his lips were blue and he was very weak. After I determined he wasn't a threat at that point I grabbed him and fireman carried him to the living room couch and laid him down I kept asking him what his name was to keep him talking and awake. His name was Charles, he was a young man probably still in high school. While I am there with him my roomate and buddy were both on 9-11 trying to get the police and ambulance, it was at this point Charles started having violent seizures he damn near bit my finger off while trying to put a sock in his mouth to keep him from biting off his tongue or breaking his teeth. When the cops and paramedics showed up he was still really bad with seizures and they hooked him up to the box he had flatlined 2 times in my house and was not able to breath on his own, I don't know if they had resuscitated him last night or not I did everything I could to help this guy. Last night was one of the strangest I have ever had.
edit on 17-5-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

A sad ordeal indeed, at least you done what you could, you seem like a good person to have around in an emergency.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

That was very strange last night I have never in my life ever had a stranger run into the front door of my house like that, my german shepards were flipping out it was crazy.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Omg that's crazy. I've never actually seen anyone die before. I watched my dog die, he waited until we all gathered around him, and then he quit breathing with one last sigh. It was sad, but it was also kind of perfect in a way. I can't imagine a stranger running in my house to die though. Sucks.

I wonder more and more why kids don't just stick to the green. At the very least it won't kill you. I'm scared to have kids hearing stories like this.

You did your best.
edit on 17-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I wonder why he was trying to drink the dawn dishwashing liquid? Is it something he knew would neutralize something? The dishwashing liquid must have been taken from the kitchen. That would probably be a sulfur compound in the soap. I'm not up on self medicating overdoses myself. That just seems strange.Well, you tried anyway.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight
I'm sick of seeing stuff like this, my buddy dies in the hospital and then that happens kind of screwed up my weekend.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah I don't know why he was drinking the dish detergent but when I say he was whacked out of his skull I really mean it. Things got real, real fast when he started going into violent seizures he was bleeding and it was just all kinds of crazy.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That's really awful Brotherman,

I sure hope that you have a more peaceful evening tonight.

Take it easy.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah I don't know why he was drinking the dish detergent but when I say he was whacked out of his skull I really mean it. Things got real, real fast when he started going into violent seizures he was bleeding and it was just all kinds of crazy.

He might of been trying to make himself throw up...

Very Sad....You will never forget it.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Unfortunately I think you are right, I probably won't ever forget it. I hope that they found his family, at first I thought I was going to have to shoot someone and then it turned out that I had to help someone

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder why he was trying to drink the dawn dishwashing liquid? Is it something he knew would neutralize something? The dishwashing liquid must have been taken from the kitchen. That would probably be a sulfur compound in the soap. I'm not up on self medicating overdoses myself. That just seems strange.Well, you tried anyway.

Probably tried to get himself vomit whatever drugs were in his System. I'm glad you tried to save his life OP.

Edit* whyamIhere beat me to it.
edit on 17-5-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Last night was one of the strangest and heart wrenching times I have ever had. Last night my good friend and neighbor had passed away His name was Joe and was a recipient of the Bronze star with a V for valor during his service of Vietnam as a US Marine 0311. I had to go up and help his wife and kids with the DD 214s and get there papers in order. After all that was done my buddy, roomate, and I were BBqing and drinking beer me and my friend Nate were out back at the grill and my roomate went inside when we hear her scream and a really loud crashing noise. We run inside and there was a young man I had never met before in my life laying inside my bathroom trying to drink dawn dish detergent with his head in the toilet like it was one of those salon things. My buddy grabs him as to restrain him when I notice that this guy was having a drug over dose his lips were blue and he was very weak. After I determined he wasn't a threat at that point I grabbed him and fireman carried him to the living room couch and laid him down I kept asking him what his name was to keep him talking and awake. His name was Charles, he was a young man probably still in high school. While I am there with him my roomate and buddy were both on 9-11 trying to get the police and ambulance, it was at this point Charles started having violent seizures he damn near bit my finger off while trying to put a sock in his mouth to keep him from biting off his tongue or breaking his teeth. When the cops and paramedics showed up he was still really bad with seizures and they hooked him up to the box he had flatlined 2 times in my house and was not able to breath on his own, I don't know if they had resuscitated him last night or not I did everything I could to help this guy. Last night was one of the strangest I have ever had.

I am so sorry for that boy and what you had to experience! It warms my heart that you did the right thing and helped him the best you can instead of seeking to hurt him for breaking into your house. You're a good man!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Don't these kind of things usually run in threes? One left.
edit on 17-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you. And im telling you now. You will never forget it. I have seen close up through an accident. And to this day i think this is where most of my problems come from. But just hold on to the fact you were there for him. That will mean a lot
. You did your best and thats all you can do in situations like this

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Wow! This must have been a super scary experience. I'm glad that you and your family/friends are ok. This young man must have had a troubled last few hours on earth. I wonder why the heck he was drinking dishwasher soap and why he was in your house.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Many times I have had a friend almost die in my arms. Once I've held a friend in death. Its not easy friend. Do whatever you can to keep your mind busy and whatever it is, do it with a friend or two!!

Sorry for the discomfort, Keep your chin up and keep moving foreward.

My Best Brotherman
AK
edit on 17-5-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: Spelling

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Dude, you are a hero. You make me proud to be a part of the
human race you occupy.

Most people couldn't or wouldn't have helped the man at all--just
ran out and protected themselves.

Way to go...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
Dude, you are a hero. You make me proud to be a part of the
human race you occupy.

Most people couldn't or wouldn't have helped the man at all--just
ran out and protected themselves.

Way to go...

Quoted for truth.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Sad experience, but even sadder that he was so young. I see lots of deaths in my profession but always elderly people....I find it really hard to deal with young people's illnesses, let alone deaths.

You have done really well, you were there for him in his last moments and tried everything you could.......don't forget that, because of you, he didn't die alone.

Stay safe!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

Nothing heroic just doing the right thing in a strange situation, any marine would have done the same, hell any decent human being would have done the same I would like to think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join