It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Day Without a Mexican

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I just recently saw this film because it was recommended to me from a friend at Universal and it just came out on DVD. I figured that I would be watching a discussion on social/racial issues, a few juxtaposed images and such. However, it turned out to be more of a story line. I still thought it was a clever, but some people that I have spoken to feel that it didn't really go indepth into anything. Any thoughts on it?

www.adaywithoutamexican.com ... incase you're not sure which film I am talking about

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The synopsis is interesting. It certainly makes you think, but you could expand it from just being about Mexicans to being 'A day without minimum wage workers'.
Just imagine not being able to get your breakfast from McDogturds, have your gas pumped or pick up a coffee. People would actually have to start doing things for themselves

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This movie is great. And a good lesson in economic reality disguised as comedy. Some people complain because it stereotypes us as construction workers or janitors but that's just an artistic device to emphasize that Latinos Get the Job Done. Its message is: we need you, you need us. I loved it

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
what about " a day without a Middle Eastern"???

where i live (NY) the "indians" work:

the gas stations

the deli's

the lunch-in-ets (sp???)

the stationary

and some more things i cannot think of

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Not all Mexicans are undereducated and have low paying jobs. I'm Mexican, and my school would have even more serious problems:

1. No one to make fun of.
2. No one to cheat off of.
3. No one to talk about crazy theories.

kix

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The part wher ethey say that Mexicans were abducted by aliens (hence the name illegal allien) man that was really funny

I love that movie

new topics

top topics

join