It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur & Human Footprints Together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I found this site that claims to have pictures of human footprints, next to dinosaur�s.

Some are doubtfull, but there are a few that look pretty strange.
Could this be possible? I think not... but who knows

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Peronemlin]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Considering the source site of this link, I'd have to say no.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Just look at the general ideals of the site. I would trust that Russin newspaper rag (the one where aliens are everywhere) first.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Maybe people were just trying to have fun and walkd near the footprints to make it look like they were walking together and yeah that website look like it was made by a 4 year old

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Seems unlikely, and the website is very basic and not serrious.
Also, I dont know if anyone else thinks this; but those "dinosaur prints" look more like big duck prints

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I heard from a friend who was a strict creationist that they had found a boot encased in rock that was carbon dated to be as old as the dinosaurs. Unfortunately I have no information to back this up with like links / sources so I hesitate from even mentioning it. He was using it to try and prove that dating processes are obviously wrong, but if anyone knows more about this I'd love to know if its been debunked, is a myth, is a mystery, etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ive seen these pics before...on PBS.........and in one of my University of Utah Archeology classes.....
The site you found them on may be dodgy, but those are REAL PICS........its a REAL thing that was found, these footprints in stone, of Human like footprints ALONSIDE dinosaurs.

The debate has gone on as IF they are actually human, or some ancient bear, or maybe even bigfoot. Some have stated that these pics PROOVE time travel is invented by humans eventually. Anyway....the prints really exist, YES those are real pics of the site. The pics are no hoax......even if the site posting them is ~colorfull~ in nature.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here is a very good site that has alot of articles on the Paluxy Man Trail. It's rather skeptical, but does range a broad spectrum of ideas and theories.

For many years claims were made by strict creationists that human footprints or "giant man tracks" occur alongside dinosaur tracks in the limestone beds of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose Texas. If true, such a finding would dramatically contradict the conventional geologic timetable, which holds that humans did not appear on earth until over 60 million years after the dinosaurs became extinct. However, the "man track" claims have not stood up to close scientific scrutiny, and have been abandoned even by most creationists. The supposed human tracks have involved a variety of phenomena, including forms of elongate (metatarsal) dinosaur tracks, erosional features, indistinct markings of uncertain origin, and some doctored and carved specimens (most of the latter on loose blocks of rock). This Web site provides a collection of articles reviewing the history of the controversy and evidence involved, articles on other alleged out-of-order fossils and artifacts, and information and links on dinosaur tracks in general.

The Paluxy Dinosaur/"Man Track" Controversy

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of miscommunication on fossil related finds for some reason.

Back in '97 or '98, I read a quick blurb of a story on yahoo! news, saying that footprints were found of a dinosaur, and that dinosaur was estimated to be over 1,000 feet long. I never heard anything of that story again, and was only able to find the original sentence once back in '99. Odd...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have read about these footprints, and is my belief that these prints are real, I'm not sure what made them, but there are a number of possibilities.

1. Aliens.
2. Ancient humans that evolved before we think they did.
3. Timetravelers (Very doubtful.)

there are also the silly religous beliefs that say the earth is only 6,000 years old.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
well, i am not well versed with this exact subject, but as for the credibility of the site, i can speak. i used to be a big supporter of it until i reformed and realized how poor their thinking is.

i will not go into detail since the list would be forever long, but this site is extremely unbalanced and contradicts itself numerous times on each page regarding theology. it consistently argues points from a bias "presupposed" standpoint rather than establishing a truth from scripture and then taking that view. i used to use bible.ca to argue against reformed people, but after a few years of careful study (with bible.ca as one of my main references), i became reformed myself, despite their hatred of it.

again, they don't establish a viewpoint by exposing truth, instead they use partial truths to support their presuppositions. keep in mind that this is coming from someone who was very gung ho about non-reformed doctrines and used to tell people about this site all the time.

anywho, this is not to say that this (creationism) proof isn't truthful, but rather that the authors of the site would never accept any fact that contradicted their beliefs regardless of how reasonable.

btw, if you aren't following, i am a christian, but a different sect than bible.ca.

creation is a theory. evolution is a theory. life on other planets is a theory. any one of these could be true or false and would not/should not change any christian's faith. for myself though, as long as they are all theories, i will error on the side of tradition and go with creationism. but maybe we shall find out soon so that there is no more theory?
daved

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jukyu
I heard from a friend who was a strict creationist that they had found a boot encased in rock that was carbon dated to be as old as the dinosaurs. Unfortunately I have no information to back this up with like links / sources so I hesitate from even mentioning it. He was using it to try and prove that dating processes are obviously wrong, but if anyone knows more about this I'd love to know if its been debunked, is a myth, is a mystery, etc.

I've heard that carbon dating cannt be used on things that old, so your friend is full of it

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well to be honest I figured out that he was when he started referring to the dinosuars as being evil and thats why they were wiped out lol. Just thought that the other was kind of interesting so I thought I'd ask if it had any basis in reality.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hey! I didn�t post that site because I liked it... I just did, as I said, because of the pictures, which I find pretty interesting to discuss...

The site is crap, I know, we all know, don�t say it anymore...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Those christian fundamentalist are sure grasping for straws. Truth be told, dinosaurs came before humans. That just doesnt jive with most christians....so they pull stuff like this out of their arse. Or they say that one reference to leviathan and a reference to bohemeth in the bible are actually references to dinosaurs WHEN CLEARLY if you read the book of Job they are not. Job being one of the oldest books in the bible surely was going to have references to leviathan the water god (or something like that)......

top topics

join