It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applause and bonus points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been covered or not.

A number of times I have received a message saying that a Mod likes something I have posted and I have received applause. Apparently I also get a 500 point bonus. Where are these points? I can't find them anywhere in my profile.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I haven't really cared much, I get a lot deducted because i'm a snarky liberal, and this is pretty much a conservative dominated website, at least on the political side. if you bash liberals, Obama, democrats, progressives, you will gather stars and points quickly
edit on 17-5-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
POINTS are gone. They used to give points for applause and you could save the points to buy ... nothing. Kinda funny. But they did away with the points without fixing the automatic message for applause. Your applause numbers can be seen at your profile page. There are no points anymore to see ....
edit on 5/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...you needed to have a certain number of points to be able to go into R.A.T.S. (Really Above Top Secret). Not sure but before that, I think that you could get ATS stuff (cd's and such) but I could be wrong.

Now, points are pretty much useless. But applauses are a nice reminder that you did something of excellence!

edit on 5 17 2014 by SonoftheSun because: changed wording. Hey...I'm french.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
With ATS points you could buy and maintain access to RATS, change your mini profile text color, the background color of your mini profile, expand the number of U2U's (now called PM's) that you could keep in your Saved area, increase the number of U2U's in your inbox, increase your upload space for pictures and few other things that are free and unlimited now. It is a reminder of the systems of old. But much like "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" the points don't matter.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I can't speak to overall policy, but I can speak to my own habits as a Moderator. I applaud things that are above average for effort, courage in making a point or taking a sincere stand or just putting that extra mile into tracking down a fact or detail no one else may have.

Every moderator has their own criteria for applauding folks, and personally? I consider it one of the more enjoyable sides of it. I love giving applause.

On the practical side? Your Profile shows how many you've received and that was always something I looked at as a member when figuring out someone's history and credibility. Not perfect...but it was one factor. I check that number now for other reasons in looking at the positives, when or if a problem arises where that comes to matter.

So enjoy the applause!

* Oh... There is one benefit which isn't classified to mention. (smile) When you're applauded? Staff sees who receives it so we can all go see the great post that earned it. (It's a fun thing for all of us on Staff) At the very least, it brings lots of positive attention that way.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I want my points dam it

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I miss the points, I was a hoarder

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I got an applause once, god knows why, seriously.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I get em rarely, thought they stopped doing applause until I got one a few months ago.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi
I miss the points, I was a hoarder

I was saving up for a ATS leather jacket

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I was wanting one of those ufo um probes

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Those were no longer available after about 2008, but were never taken down.

Something about liability, and the Greys getting pissed off about being blamed all the time.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

All joking aside, is there still an ATS store where members could buy ATS logo merchandise?

I'd like to get a couple more polo shirts.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

As far as I know, there isn't anymore, but one of the senior staff/admins would know for sure. Honestly I didn't pay that much attention to it.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Could this be it? :

www.cafepress.com...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
POINTS are gone. They used to give points for applause and you could save the points to buy ... nothing. Kinda funny. But they did away with the points without fixing the automatic message for applause. Your applause numbers can be seen at your profile page. There are no points anymore to see ....

wow

you had/have 373 Applauses

that's a bunch of 'em

top topics

join