It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where will Disclosure Come From?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

there is everything out there...Aliens who are human like..And Aliens who are 7 sided blobs communication through wormholes and living in "Structures" which are using wormholes as communication bases...

"there is a lot in infinity"

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau

Yes, and infinity is big. What makes you think that the aliens would be here on our own insignificant little planet at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Milky Way Galaxy?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

because this is where they put us a long time ago. they found this planet long before we appeared. why not? what makes you think humans are the be all end all of everything? the universe is teeming with life and has been for a lot longer than we've been around. Why do you think there is no way there could be any more advanced beings out there? and if they narrowed their search for habitable planets this one becomes very significant.

your thinking (therefore your argument) is very narrow and egocentric
edit on 25-5-2014 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy

because this is where they put us a long time ago. they found this planet long before we appeared. why not? what makes you think humans are the be all end all of everything? the universe is teeming with life and has been for a lot longer than we've been around. Why do you think there is no way there could be any more advanced beings out there? and if they narrowed their search for habitable planets this one becomes very significant.

Eh? That is exactly the reverse of what I was saying. I was saying that the Earth, and therefore mankind, are nothing special. So why should the aliens come here?

I don't think you appreciate the vast distances involved. Even if there are millions other planets with intelligent life in the universe then the nearest one could be thousands of light years away.

You are the one who seems to be attaching some great importance to mankind, in that you say aliens "put us here" or are monitoring us somehow. If (as I believe) the universe has lots of intelligent life, then why should we be so arrogant to assume that aliens will be flocking to see us?

My own belief is that there are lots and lots of intelligent life forms, but the distances between them (and the potential for civilisations to destroy themselves before they can explore any meaningful distance) are so great that they will likely never meet.
edit on 25-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I agree with your basic point. But I think your being a little egotistical assuming all life would be like us. The distances involved wouldn't be as big a deal to a species who lives 10,000 years. The radiation might no be a big deal to silicone life.

I'm aware of the distances too. But I'm sure there is interplanetary travel by species in all galaxies, going on as we speak. I'm sure there are places it looks a lot like Star Trek. The number of stars are just soooo massive that the math is in favor of almost anything we can imagine.

The real question is how far in the boondocks earth is.

I don't think the rise and fall of civilizations will stop alien species from meeting. We made it from the horse and buggy to the moon in 80 years. So a species doesn't need very long once self aware to get advanced enough to make the trip. Hell, if we make it another couple centuries, with out blowing our selves up, I'm sure we will be colonizing other star systems.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I don't think the rise and fall of civilizations will stop alien species from meeting. We made it from the horse and buggy to the moon in 80 years. So a species doesn't need very long once self aware to get advanced enough to make the trip. Hell, if we make it another couple centuries, with out blowing our selves up, I'm sure we will be colonizing other star systems.

Flying to the moon is not really a big deal. It's climbing out of the cot and onto the nursery floor. A three-day trip travelling at rocket speed.

And I think a couple of centuries is optimistic. It's been almost half a century since we reached the moon and that's as far as we've got, at least in terms of manned missions. Even our most distant unmanned probe was launched almost 40 years ago, and we haven't gone further since.

Travelling even to the nearest star is a much bigger jump of technology than going to the moon. I'm not saying it is impossible but even for an alien race that lives for thousands of Earth years it would not be easy.

Maybe saying they will "never meet" was overstating it a bit. But the chances of mankind being one of the ones that does get to meet an alien civilisation are extremely remote, IMHO. Especially given that we have only just begun to look for life beyond our solar system in the past few decades, and then only passively.

edit on 25-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I still think your putting too much of a human time line on things and underestimating the the speed advance of technology

I don't think your wrong either or deluded or any other internet harshness. It's 100% possible that we are in the boonies and have too short of lifespans to ever hear from anyone. The math goes both ways.

With the amount of stars with planets being just about every single one. And there being 400 billion x's 400 billion stars. I bet there's parts of every galaxy where life is clumped up and parts where there's just an oasis of life with a desert of nothing around it. I assume life is everywhere and spreading due to panspermia if not just colonization.... Hell we have all most definatly infected mars with life... And that's while trying really hard not too :p

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

first of all to us those distances are unfathomable but to advanced beings distances schmistances. Talk about arrogant? to think our knowledge of natural physical laws/physics is the ultimate in advanced thinking is the epitome of arrogant not to mention naïve.

second I'm not saying we were here through isolated evolution already and they are coming to visit. I'm saying they were here waaaaay longer than us because this is a great planet and also conducive to their comfort and they actually created us by mixing their dna with early hominoids. the reason they stay in touch is because they (or at least some of them) care for our well being and feel some sort of kinship and sense of responsibility for us.

my hopes are that they will come soon and upgrade our technology so we can flourish as a species without harming our environment because environments are so easily destroyed by primitive technology like fossil fuels.
edit on 26-5-2014 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

edit on 26-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Why do all of you insist on spouting knowledge you have not learned from experience? You all look very foolish speaking about extraterrestrials and human history as if you've experienced them yourselves. Do you know why the UFO community is mocked so much? It's because of people like you spouting off second-hand ignorant knowledge instead of using your time more wisely, becoming proactive and finding the evidence yourselves. Instead of arguing over each others opinions why don't you all join up together and put your desire for truth to good use by working towards a common goal?

If you want disclosure, YOU MUST FIND IT YOURSELF. It's complete lunacy to fight about wanting someone else to prove something to you, do none of you see this?

Regards,

Eric

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Why do people give their opinions and ignore the facts presented to them from the people that have been in contact with aliens?

Even after a person gives a reported visit by an alien all I hear is grief given to that person.

And they wonder why most people stay quiet about what they see.

Thank for telling it like it is!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: waltwillis

You're very welcome my friend!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy

There are two things I don't like about the way ufo lore is going. One is that we are just some hicks on the edge of an insignificant galaxy and the aliens are vastly superior. I think it is unhealthy to demean humanity like this. We may be very superior to these beings beings in many ways. Space travel and cool gadgets are not everything.

The other point concerns the way many think these beings are our spiritual leaders and that they are our parents in the sense that they created us. There is no evidence for this. These kinds of comparisons are just what the aliens want so we will be in awe of them and they will have power over us. We should stop being the underdog in all this.
edit on 1-6-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau

there is everything out there...Aliens who are human like..And Aliens who are 7 sided blobs communication through wormholes and living in "Structures" which are using wormholes as communication bases...

Where is your evidence for these things?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant

my evidence will not be enough for you. The archetypical structure of free will makes it impossible for me to give you the evidence that i got.

If you are open and want evidence do this: Be in a state of intention in which you tell "the universe" that you want proof/evidence.....that you want to KNOW and not believe....

And let it utterly go after you were in that intent for 3 to 15 minutes....

Both is important: Strong intent ...

and Letting it go.....

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

trust me...

this place...Earth..is being observed by more beings right now...than living on it...

Its the place "where things happen"...right now.

Its one of the most interesting places in the universe right now..

Without a doubt

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

I don't communicate with the universe in this way. I only trust what God tells me. I don't believe there are blobs that communicate through wormholes but I do believe aliens are here. I have seen them.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes, you may believe anything you wish, but to the few that know the truth your belief is irrelevant.

Who and what is God?

Is God what you were told or has God come to you in your mind or person.

I have never met God, but I have met beings that are not like us humans.

Please help me better understand your view.

I am not in awe of aliens and their ability to pass through walls or fly out into deep space, but I am just curious as to what they are and what they want of us humans.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

this was a metaphor...with the blobs..
Bashar told that once..That there is an alien race who communicates through "wormholes" and we would perceive them as multidimensional blops or something like that.

Yes i also believe aliens are here..

We are like TV for them....And they wait for us to become "responsible enough" to make contact.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What I think has happened is simple.

Intelligent life has visited, but:
A) It wants to remain hidden and/or avoid unnecessary exposure
B) People are disbelieving - not educated enough to understand

I really do believe extraterrestrial intelligent life has visited this planet. Some people say if it visited we would have proof. It's all or nothing. Either they have visited and we have proof or they have not visited and we have none. These people do not believe it's possible for intelligent life to visit and for it not to leave behind proof immediately. I do not agree with that argument. I instead believe it HAS visited, but for whatever reason the proof is not available. I am sorry I cannot explain how.

But it WILL become available, with things like this:
1) Increased technology
2) Increased knowledge
3) Increased exposure to intelligent extraterrestrials as we expand outward/inward and the improbability of them remaining invisible

I think we'll find living and/or extinct ET biological or viral or other forms of life. That will probably be via NASA or SETI or some other official big name organization. We're already halfway there. NASA has already funded numerous investigations into the martian meteorites, for example. It's still a debate whether the formations are nanofossils or non-biological in origin, but much has been done. NASA has definitely opened the door to past life on Mars (2-3 billion years ago) that's now extinct - we just have to find it. And they've opened the door to finding ET biology on other planets like Europa and Enceladus. They've opened the door to other moons being like early Earth because of our knowledge of Titan. They've opened the door to other Earths because of our knowledge of extrasolar planets. Just imagine what hte next 10,000 years of knowledge will do and how it'll change our perspective. We just have to find one ET bacterium.

Someone made a map of the radio emissions from Earth dating from the very first to the latest and what this map shows is our place in the galaxy is very very small. Only the stars in our closest neighborhood would have any indication we exist at all, assuming they're still monitoring radio emissions. For all we know, they've been debating over the past 40 years whether to contact us. And the prospects for radio-emissions detection gets worse because our radio emissions are supposedly shrinking or in the process of shrinking. And maybe the nearest ET civilization is further away and doesn't even monitor radio emissions anymore. For that matter, they might be so far advanced they view us as we view mice. Any kind of relationship with them will be unequal and they might be more interested in mud.

There're billions of potential planets where life might now exist. Life could have existed billions of years ago. There're many more moons and rogue planets where life might also exist. In fact, in our solar system alone there're 160+ moons. Predictions are that there's probably billions of rogue planets or more. While these will not have the light/heat of a star, they may produce enough internal heat to fuel small scale evolution. And there're many comets where pre-life ingredients can spread from one place to another.

I think the universe is just too rich for us to be alone. If we're alone, I think it bolsters the possibility there's a God or this is a simulation. Being alone is probably more startling than not. Being alone doesn't jive with the science. What're the odds life would only form on Earth, a planet ~4.5 billion years old, amongst the billions of galaxies in a universe ~14 billion years old? And this is only in our observable universe, what lies outside it? The science says this is unlikely, so why believe it? If nature created us through a kind of evolution machine then we're probably not the only ones!!!! You know how if you find one bacterium, there's usually another?

I think our definition of life will change too. This, for example:
www.simonsfoundation.org - A New Physics Theory of Life...

I saw a "Through the Wormhole" episode where a guy was talking about 3 principles of life. I cannot recall his name, but his research was also trying to pin down the fundamentals of life. His and others' research might open the door for theories of non-biological life. Life as a physics.
edit on 1-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join