It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to see without glasses. It actually works, sort of.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I tried it using the eye which was worse. This method actually made things clearer. I just need to work on perfecting my hand glasses.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Good tip. It actually works. I sometimes leave home without my readers. I hate being at the grocery store and being unable to read the ingredients on something.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
OMG, it does work! That is amazing! Of course we'd look strange doing that out in public. LOL Thanks so much for the info!!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
OMG, it does work! That is amazing! Of course we'd look strange doing that out in public. LOL Thanks so much for the info!!

That's when I bust out the good ol iPhone or portable device with a camera and a zoom and look at the screen instead.

~Namaste

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Now I can forget my readers with abandon. Cool.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is actually kind of impressive, and it does seem to work to a certain extent. I have been messing with this for about five minutes now. I have to see if it improves the wife's vision. It could come in handy in an emergency.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is awesome thanks for posting it. S&F at least you can use it in a pinch
in case you forget your readers like I do !

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thank you very much for adding a very informative piece of info to ATS
S+F

I'm not a glasses wearer but when trying the technique it even improved my eyesight lol... Guess that means i need to get my eyes tested then.....

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I came across this neat little trick a few weeks ago and it blew my mind. However I believe the explanation in this video is not entirely correct. The image isn't just clearer when you look through a tiny pin hole, it's actually magnified and enlarged, which is another reason why this is a useful trick for people without glasses. I believe the image is magnified due to some sort of weird quantum mechanical diffraction affect. The light is diffracted at the edges of the pinhole, causing the path of the photons to change in such a way that it acts like a magnification lense.
edit on 17/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Pinhole glasses - give em a try?

The theory is sound.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm surprised how many people didn't know this. I learned about it when I was in ~4th Grade. I had broken my glasses and the optometrist gave me a little black card with tiny holes punched in it, which was shaped like "glasses". Watched "Glory" that day through that thing and it worked great. It's how i see the alarm clock every morning when i wake up lol.

After doing a bit of research I see they actually make some real looking "glasses" using the same concept but I don't care to link any of the sites I saw them on.

Either way I'm glad some of you found something new and exciting and from what I have been seeing, some are saying that you can improve your vision with techniques like this.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this info, I like other members who constantly forget our readers, have now found an alternative.
I usually ask someone to help me read a label if I'm stuck.
This works for me.
a reply to: gladtobehere

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
My friends call me "Mr Magoo" and this worked for me no question.
As a poster mentioned above it might just come in handy during an emergency....

Mr Magoo in action LOL

www.youtube.com...

S&F to the OP ....fascinating information it is.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This did not work for me. I see fine up close, but anything more than a couple feet away looks like a bur. I used the pin hole trick looking at things a few feet away and there was no change in clarity at all.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

You need to experiment with the size of the hole and the distance between your eyes, the hole, and the thing you're trying to see.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I cannot see the youtube vid, (due to www blockage of the site) but I guess from the comments that it is using pinholes to read the text. I have a pair of plastic pinhole glasses and they work just great. Not expensive at all and far better than getting reliant on lenses which make your eyes weak.

There is a down-side which is not that bad - they cut down on the amount of light available because the relative amount of 'hole' is small to the amount of plastic. This means that my pinhole glasses work best in the sunlight.

I was wondering if it would work as well if the holes were smaller, there were more of them and there was less pieces of black plastic between them. Currently, the holes are about 1mm diameter and with about 1mm apart in a grid, so If it was possible, I would think that more 'hole' and less plastic would give a brighter image.

If it worked like this, then it would possibly work with very small (maybe even nano-sized) holes and we could all do away with lens glasses completely. One prescription would fit all those folks who have the kind of eyesight which works with these pinhole glasses. Not all eye problems are solved by them I seem to remember from somwehre.

Does anyone know if this will work? (the smaller holes/less plastic)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've done this for a long time when I am in bed without glasses or contacts, and I want to look at my tv to see what time it is, as I leave a blank screen on for a little light in the room. It usually works for me eventually, but I have to get it just right. Sometimes I just squint, which pretty much accomplishes the same thing for me.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've actually played around with doing this since I was 5 or 6, really cool to see the reason behind it though!
Try just holding a finger straight up and down and looking at what you want to see just to the side of your finger, not sure if it's the same principal or not, but it's a similar effect.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Amazing

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is cool and good to know! Thanks!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join