It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon Has a Plan to Stop the "Zombie Apocalypse".... Seriously.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

I've actually drank and made Zombies......will knock you on your butt!

Has Spiced rum, white rum, Anejo rum and 151 proof rum in it, 3 oz orange juice, 3 oz pineapple juice over crushed ice......

Wooo boy!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well yes and no. It is not a plan. Its is a training tool. You can tell for several reasons, one it is all unclassified, two the CONPLAN is 8888 (that is used for training) and three it says in the document itself it is a traing tool using a fictional subject to avoid political fall out if the training was mistaken a being about a particular county. In past training would use fake nations like East Nowhere or whatever with a fake scenerio. Sometimes they would end up looking kind of like something happening some place in the world and if that leaked people would think the US was about to get involved in something.

This is the very basics of training to write a CONPLAN. The scenerio really makes no differance as you have pretty much do the samething no matter if its an invasion, humanitarion operation, or zombie apocalypse. As i recall we had a fake nation a fake nation that seemed populated by rednecks, they had pick up trucks, shot guns, and PBR. They were fighting over a woman or some such nonsense. It was of course fictional and made up to so we could have some fun with it. Kind of like when teachers use fun tales in math problems.

So no this is not a plan. It is fun and it is good for training but, it is simply and training tool.
edit on 17-5-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
So no this is not a plan. It is fun and it is good for training but, it is simply and training tool.

as soon as i read it i knew it was a training thing as you said, zombies are also popular in modern culture (see how much you can flog a shotgun and ammo if you mention zombie protection) and it makes good practice to work against without offending anyone

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well....at least we all know we are well protected and ready in case we are invaded by zombies. What else are we ready for?....Vampires?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Def just a training plan. But...... Remove chicken zombies and insert whatever other force (i.e. Protestors) and you have a real plan that is no longer a laughing matter. (Prob not likely though)

I do think it is prudent to have a plan for just about everything. With bio manipulation becoming more and more accessible to the common public. There is a chance that someone could create a disease or pathogen that could bring about a very similar threat. Very possible.

There are already things like chemical lobotomies that make someone appear as though they are a zombie, and dont forget that the lore of zombies started from similar practices referred to as witchcraft, voodoo, juju. (All of which are actually similar to chemical lobotomy)
edit on 17-5-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

originally posted by: MrSpad

it makes good practice to work against without offending anyone

You're right, and If I was a zombie I would be offended . And would raise a racial ruckus that I was targeted and used as a training method!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Earlier this year the CDC started a campaign to be prepared for a zombie apocalypse. It was really tongue in cheek, but summed up the idea that if you were prepared for that, then you would have most natural disasters covered.
I actually thought it was pretty cheeky, and got attention from many more people than just the regular announcements.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I personally feel this is ridicoulous that our goverment can waste time on some nonsense like this i mean come on zombie apocolypse? Maybe people in our goverment have seen too many episodes of walking dead lol once again we are lead by a bunch of idiots in this country who just waste time get richer and leave all of the people like us out of the loop

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My advice is to make every reasonable effort to prepare as closely as the government tells you to for the dynamics they are outlining,replace Zombie Apocolypse with Volcane or Earthquake and you have a headstart on Civil preperations at a grassroots level,this is an ingenious way of using Social Media to help make the country a safer place.And it also gives the Government an out if there is something big coming they know is tangible and real but will not disclose,later they can without lieing totally claim they told us to be ready.It is a way to get a substantial number of people prepared for something without starting a societal panic and snowball effect.Ingenious really.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Occultedtruth
I personally feel this is ridicoulous that our goverment can waste time on some nonsense like this i mean come on zombie apocolypse? Maybe people in our goverment have seen too many episodes of walking dead lol once again we are lead by a bunch of idiots in this country who just waste time get richer and leave all of the people like us out of the loop

Now i do agree that the govt wastes our time and money In one way or another with just about everything they do.

But why do you think the zombie apocalypse couldn't happen? Especially concerning my previous post.

Someone pointed out to me the other day that the ZA was the first sign of the so called return of jesus. With all the support that guy gets plus all the conspiracy theories surrounding population control, and advancements in bio engineering? It would only take 1 knowledgable nutbag to concoct a virus that could mirror the effects. How many bio labs are there in the world? A lot.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I dont think this is accurate,but to have some fun,what if the Governments and vatican have already seen with their private secret telescopes an armada of craft coming here to pillage and destroy us all or simply to reclaim what is already theirs?What if these Craft were manned by people who were our old Bosses so to speak and they didnt appreciate Religons mis-representing them and Governments pretending to weild their powers?What if they believed in Punative action and planned to correct both Major Governments AND major Religons.MMMmm,maybe then they would want to help the regular folk huh?

What if they burned up the time Humanity had to catalyse resources together and build an effective offensive defense?
And now they dont know how to or want to fess up so they are letting things roll?

Apart from general panic there would be no options to prepare the people in the most organised and efficient ways possible.

Or maybe a bunch of Government employees needed to boost their retirement incomes and invested heavily in the Survival Market before leaking the info, ha ha ha.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks like the army's got as vivid a imagination as the ATS community!

Evil magic zombies is my favorite

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InSolace
Evil magic zombies is my favorite

That made me laugh too

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
Yea. I'd like to see what their plan is for that.. Every one knows you can't fight evil magic zombies.

I bet every solution they have involves at least 1 nuclear missle.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: Woodcarver

I dont think this is accurate,but to have some fun,what if the Governments and vatican have already seen with their private secret telescopes an armada of craft coming here to pillage and destroy us all or simply to reclaim what is already theirs?What if these Craft were manned by people who were our old Bosses so to speak and they didnt appreciate Religons mis-representing them and Governments pretending to weild their powers?What if they believed in Punative action and planned to correct both Major Governments AND major Religons.MMMmm,maybe then they would want to help the regular folk huh?

What if they burned up the time Humanity had to catalyse resources together and build an effective offensive defense?
And now they dont know how to or want to fess up so they are letting things roll?

Apart from general panic there would be no options to prepare the people in the most organised and efficient ways possible.

Or maybe a bunch of Government employees needed to boost their retirement incomes and invested heavily in the Survival Market before leaking the info, ha ha ha.

Haha. Yea that and zombies are def my top choices for likely ways the world might end. Or at least the funnest. And religious books are packed full of stories of them both.

I can't imagine how confused kids are going to be when they grow up hearing all of this wild conjecture being thrown around. Some of the world views i come into direct contact with are staggeringly devoid of any merit.

But zombies and aliens are def possible.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Easy to see it is a target to make training fun but the title made me wonder, what ever came of that guy off the side of the highway who was naked and seen biting into another person? Was that from that new over the counter drug spice? Crazy stuff.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Of course it's a training tool but the context of that simulation is the only thing that 'concerns' me.

Essentially shooting pissed off unarmed mobs. zombie is just a word that translates into societal breakdown to me.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

It was bath salts

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Thank you but what's troubling about those is that I am aware people continue to take them. It would seem as though there was a bad distribution of bath salts (some specific chemical that doesn't make it into all batches). Some who did this flesh eating reported taking '___' so in the manufacturing of that the same chemical could have been added. If that ingredient was ever identified it could very well be used for bioterrorism. While this thread is a hypothetical for training, the implications of many doing what some of these guys did is terrifying.

During the zombie thing in Florida one guy was hit by a taxi. He got up and proceeded to beat on the people in the taxi. Stun guns did nothing and it took as many as 15 officers to contain him (1st video).

news.blogs.cnn.com...

I hope they have ID'ed precisely what that was. I would completely freak out if someone like this jumped on me or someone I was around. They don't feel pain so there isn't really much anyone would be able to do without a gun.

Of interest is that these people strip beforehand. This tells me their blood vessels are dilating and sending a rush of heat through their bodies. I think it was something in the bath salts or '___'. I can't find where that has been identified. Luckily it came and went and hopefully no one knows what that dangerous mix was.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It is either a publicity stunt, or a code word for starving hungry humans when the food runs out and it will.

Those kinds of people will be willing to eat anything or anyone in their way, vicious, ready to kill, with one want only...to feed their hunger.

Think of Monsanto, originally I thought it was just poison for our food supply but maybe not. What if they knew the shortages were coming? Bacon/Pig shortage, didn't a virus just kill off a bunch of pigs? I can't get a freaking lime at the store anymore, have you noticed the fresh foods disappearing, corn was a dollar an ear when I went to the store today. Could totally be wrong, but....
edit on 17-5-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join