It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Nixon's Trillion Dollar War on America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I was referring to prohibitions. Democrats and republicans are christians.

When my mother had cancer, she refused marijuana for nausea from radiation and chemo, being the good christian lady she was. But she had been so indoctrinated against the plant, she made a bad choice for herself and suffered.

That's sad. Never understood why anyone would value religion over their own wellbeing.

But where in the Bible does it say "Thou shalt not toke on the ganja" anyway?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

My mom use to quote a scripture from the OT. Can't remember the chapter but it was about scorcery, and drugs were considered under scorcery. I am not sure why she condoned an alcoholic wife beating husband though. Seems that would be straight from the devil.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The military industrial complex lol.... People ruled by there fears.......

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
"You don't have Nixon to kick around any more..." - Richard Nixon

50+ years later and it's still going on. Sorry Richard, but you made it so possible.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Starred & Flagged...

First Nixon stacked the deck to get the results he wanted:

I love the analogy! It tells me that you are well acquainted with and understand Nixon's habitual gambling problem. The $trillion dollars might have been spent on further lunar exploration missions but Nixon cancelled the Apollo program at nearly the exact same time he declared his War on Drugs. Coincidence?

The $trillion dollars might have been spent in any number of beneficial ways - at home or abroad.

Nixon, through his own books and his biographers, too, they all link & mention that he is/was brought up in a Quaker regime, a man of peace who abhorred violence. Then he turns around and joined the Navy, asked for a forward assignment, got one, spent the time playing poker on Green Island and made off with a pretty nice wad after the war that helped pay for his first congressional run in 1946.

(Fun Fact: Nixon's promotion rate in the Navy during the war was faster than both JFk and GHWB.)

But, back to the War on Drugs.... this was Nixon's way of imposing his childhood Quaker regime on America. And here is the important tidbit that hasn't been mentioned in this thread.... Nixon was very close to the Reverend Billy Graham. Do your research on this.

courtesy thumb for larger version:

That $trillion dollars of the Drug War was spent on creating a reason for the police state to exist. Very clever, that Dick Nixon.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Who said that I wonder... Who would say Nixon's double talk, right to the end, was masterful? Oh.. it's probably no one we've heard of right? That was so long ago, after all.... Wait...

Those words were penned to the diary of George H.W. Bush

(Hops off softly singing ...and the wheels of the bus go 'round and 'round....)

Excellent link. Thanks for posting it. That quote from GHWB is one of things I'll keep in my back pocket... save it for later like. I have Nixon's good bye speech on DVD, it is a special extra on the DVD "Secret Honor" (1984) www.imdb.com...

I agree with GHWB...
"The Nixon speech was masterful."

A lot of people don't realize that Nixon was an aspiring actor when he met his wife, Pat. And when Nixon performed his famous tv "Checkers" speech on tv that elicited the comment from Darryl Zanuck, "The most tremendous performance I've ever seen." Zanuck being "One of the kingpins of Hollywood's studio system..." - Source www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Let us also not forget that Richard Nixon also had a hand in setting up today's health insurance paradigm. Whitehouse tapes

So, not only can you think him for the current war on drugs, but the war on our health as well. I'm sure you could find other things he had a hand in bringing to the American public. It would seem that the early '70s were either the start, or the great push of the boulder towards the downfall of our great nation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join