It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Nixon's Trillion Dollar War on America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Tricky Dicky was a great criminal

Tricky Dicky had a great fall

But his laws are still screwing us all

August 15, 1971

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
And leave us not forget a more sinister plan. Delay legalization, turn it into a huge underground economy. Let it become an issue that many on the left and the right agree upon then, when the time is right, let it be leagalized, then control and tax the living snot out of it

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The War on Drugs was a perfect example of social engineering. Make the public so afraid of something (drugs, terrorism, etc) that they will consistently vote against their self interests. Thinking the WOD was a proxy war against minorities trivializes it's true impact. The war is waged against civil liberties at large, And the Patriot Act, and government administrations that have have grown in power since, are simply the spiritual successors and progressive extensions to these wildly successful ideas.

edit on 17-5-2014 by LuXiferGriM because: Punctuation

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
There is no one to blame but the christian community for those past prohibitions. They have owned the elections til now. That is how Nixon got elected, because of the christian community, same with Reagan. All you have to do to get a chrisian's vote, is find something to prohibit and start a war over.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

The man left office 40 years ago and you want to blame him for everything since? Man libs are king when it comes to a vendetta. Plenty of democrat presidents and democrat congresses had ample opportunity to change things, yet didn't. I think your outrage is misplaced. This war on drugs is not the result of one mans efforts. It is in place because it's profitable for TPTB. Get a clue.
edit on 65138Saturdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

And leave us not forget a more sinister plan. Delay legalization, turn it into a huge underground economy. Let it become an issue that many on the left and the right agree upon then, when the time is right, let it be leagalized, then control and tax the living snot out of it

What makes you think it is not controlled by our government now? You see if you can have an excuse (reason) to use the military on covert missions in south america then you can use them to control the flow of these illegal drugs. Hell we won't even stop the poppy in Afghanistan we will fly rangers out to take DNA samples from growers but stop them? Hell no. Instead the final product is smuggled into the US where the user is held accountable. It is one of the many insanities of US government policies. If you could, just ask Noriega.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

The man left office 40 years ago and you want to blame him for everything since? Man libs are king when it comes to a vendetta. Plenty of democrat presidents and democrat congresses had ample opportunity to change things, yet didn't. I think your outrage is misplaced. This war on drugs is not the result of one mans efforts. It is in place because it's profitable for TPTB. Get a clue.

If you had read down the page you would have seen that I did lay blame to the other politicians:

What is truly sad is the politicians at the time all knew of the Shafer Commissions Report, yet none have stopped Nixon's insane war against the American people, WTF?

Edit: why all the party politics in your reply, it was one person not any party I am blaming for starting the drug war.
edit on 17-5-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
There is no one to blame but the christian community for those past prohibitions. They have owned the elections til now. That is how Nixon got elected, because of the christian community, same with Reagan. All you have to do to get a chrisian's vote, is find something to prohibit and start a war over.

So whats the excuse with the Clintons? And the current administration now? The same prohibitions continue today and the war factor hasn't slowed a bit, in fact I would say it has increased. The same gun running, convert coverups haven't changed under this administration any different than any other, we have just gotten better at it. Today we have a presidential kill list, drone attacks killing entire families children included. Bush landed on an aircraft carrier and said the war was over and Obama says Al Qaeda is on the run and defeated. No difference BS is BS R's or D's. \

What you should be asking is why does nothing change no matter who or what party is in control. WE have collectively jumped off of a very high cliff and the politicians keep handing us parachutes on the way down that don't work, when are we going to stop jumping.

Bush, Obama SSDD. Bush signs into law and trumpets the patriot act loud and clear while the democrats whine and complain about losing rights, Obama re-signs it quietly without fanfare and republicans say see what that sneaky guy is doing. Is one worse than the other? It is a matter of opinion.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
I knew he was an ignorant sob but wow!

How's that war going?

If you are an employee of the war, not bad. A job and getting to beat and shoot people based on one's whims and how the day is going. The 'extra' cash isn't bad either.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I could not agree more, both parties are nothing but career politicians feeding off the corporations lobbyists and bowing to them, and we know they will not bite the hand that feeds them!

edit on 17-5-2014 by AlaskanDad because: changed bite bite to not bite, uhg!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I was referring to prohibitions. Democrats and republicans are christians.

When my mother had cancer, she refused marijuana for nausea from radiation and chemo, being the good christian lady she was. But she had been so indoctrinated against the plant, she made a bad choice for herself and suffered.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I was referring to prohibitions. Democrats and republicans are christians.

When my mother had cancer, she refused marijuana for nausea from radiation and chemo, being the good christian lady she was. But she had been so indoctrinated against the plant, she made a bad choice for herself and suffered.

That's the crux of the problem in so many cases... And I find it amazing that people have zero problem ingesting pills filled with loads of chemicals, but a natural plant is way off base.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Man libs are king when it comes to a vendetta

Do you not grow tired of the left right debacle? If so then why drag it into this thread? The OP was about Nixon, not his party affiliation, other than being simply informative about who he appointed, so your little jab seems out of place, imo. It's not about political vendetta, it's about right and wrong and what is best for the majority I think.
edit on 17-5-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

originally posted by: Bilk22

If you had read down the page you would have seen that I did lay blame to the other politicians:

What is truly sad is the politicians at the time all knew of the Shafer Commissions Report, yet none have stopped Nixon's insane war against the American people, WTF?

Edit: why all the party politics in your reply, it was one person not any party I am blaming for starting the drug war.
Well that's the point isn't it? It was not just one person. It's been many. Heck, states have their own drug laws too and some of them were much harsher than the federal law. Your post and the thread title are inaccurate and partisan.

Yeah let's look for all sorts of issues we can blame republicans for all while Washington is burning with the current POTUS in office. There's been a lot of threads like your lately. Guess the administration is trying to find one that is worse then they are. Peace!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

You should read have read the article before commenting, then you would have a better understanding of my OP.

While there are certainly problems now and with O'bummer,
history still has its lessons, but thats just common sense.

Thanks!

AD

edit on 17-5-2014 by AlaskanDad because: ,

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ahhh Yes... Richard Nixon. What a guy... What a leader... What a criminal.

It's ironic the President most closely associated in mental images with outright criminal acts out of the White House is who actually triggered and pushed the opening stage of the Drug War.

Good thing he quit and what a somber day it was, too... Just listen to one of these accounts by a man who was there.

“President Nixon looked just awful. He used glasses—the first time I ever saw them. Close to breaking down—understandably. Everyone in the room in tears. . . . I remember Lt. Col. Brennan who has been with him so long—Marine— standing proudly but with tears running down his face. . . . The Nixon speech was masterful. In spite of his inability to totally resist a dig at the press, that argument about hating—only if you hate do you join the haters.”

Who said that I wonder... Who would say Nixon's double talk, right to the end, was masterful? Oh.. it's probably no one we've heard of right? That was so long ago, after all.... Wait...

Those words were penned to the diary of George H.W. Bush

(Hops off softly singing ...and the wheels of the bus go 'round and 'round....)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Yes, in my opinion Bush was the next thing to the anti christ. Don't you guys know that we liberals are pissed at Obama for not leaving the wars immediately and getting rid of Homeland Security? Democrats, republicans, PEOPLE do not give up power. Bush opened a door he should have left alone. Now there is no going back. As long as they can blame a terrorist, they will find reasons to take more of our freedoms away. Don't you get it? They wanted to prohibit everyone from alcohol because some are abusive, they want to prohibit pot because it makes you dance on the table for quarters. Honest to God that is what my christian mother told me when I was 13.

The american people ARE NOT uneducated, backwoods ignorants anymore thanks to the internet.

Except my Aunt Betty in Mississippi who won't touch a computer.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Richard Nixon conspired against the America people when he began his ill founded war on drugs.

I don't want to derail the topic, and I agree that Nixon conspired against your people, but if I was American, I'd rather concentrate on what he did on 15th august 1971.

EVERYTHING we witness in the world today, including the crises in Ukraine, Syria, Lybia, Iraq, Afghanistan, aswell as the global financial crisis in '08, are linked to that day.

Sounds to me, listening closely, that he was prepping the dollar for more flexibility in light of the NWO plans to move a large % of our production capacity to China primarily. In short they had to suspend the gold backing or trading partners would just start cashing in those greenbacks for gold. The reported current gold buy ups in China have to do with whats coming, what is the economic reality of the gold less american dollar. Something along those lines. Remember all the Nixon trips to China? Who would have thought that he was laying the ground work for the evacuation of american industry and the rise of the Chines industrial superpower.

At 2:25 he wipes his nose, a mannerism of a liar so they say.
edit on 17-5-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yes, in my opinion Bush was the next thing to the anti christ. Don't you guys know that we liberals are pissed at Obama for not leaving the wars immediately and getting rid of Homeland Security? Democrats, republicans, PEOPLE do not give up power. Bush opened a door he should have left alone. Now there is no going back. As long as they can blame a terrorist, they will find reasons to take more of our freedoms away. Don't you get it? They wanted to prohibit everyone from alcohol because some are abusive, they want to prohibit pot because it makes you dance on the table for quarters. Honest to God that is what my christian mother told me when I was 13.

The american people ARE NOT uneducated, backwoods ignorants anymore thanks to the internet.

Except my Aunt Betty in Mississippi who won't touch a computer.

Well they are still blaming terror and now trying to govern by hashtag. We have come along way, the first lady holds up a sign to bring back our girls while her husbands drones kill them in other countries. Go FIgure. We need to stop with the R & D's and stick to the constitution and follow the law. Not ignore what's inconvenient for votes, and quit funding the same people we call terrorist, and stop trying to manipulate governments of foreign countries.

We can agree to disagree on ignorant American's for the money this country spends on education they should at least know who the founders are and what they did in creating this country and what for. I don't know how many man on the street videos I have seen where they don't even know who the VP of the US is or how many branches of government there are and there names.

This is why I like ATS some sharp people here that will keep you on your toes, you can't get away with anything here. They will not only tell you where you made a mistake but prove it as well.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Richard "Tricky Dick" Nixon must be rolling over in his grave.Now,the government is taking a serious look at the legalization of marijuana.Also,there are now discussions about mandatory sentencing for non violent drug offenders.Progress is being made here despite reactionary histrionics about weed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join