It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother likes our taste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ace it gets worse. If our DNA is collected at birth and stored, is that an example of Big Brother watching over us or overstepping his boundaries? Are our civil liberties at risk?

related article:privacy.gov.au...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Okay .. I dunno about anyone else but to me that is almost like big brother watching earth. To have my childrens dna stored in a medical lab for them to look over and gleem with an evil eye.. I don't think i really like that idea... Having a crew of people looking over Big Brother the tv show is bad enough .. I don't think we really need our goverments doing that to every single one of us.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I agree. I think this can only get worse as technology spreads. Anyway, maybe its for the greater good. Our descendants wont be able to exercise their democratic right to crime.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
That makes you think about what posiblities and lengths they are going to fund these organizations that are keeping and analyzing the DNA.

It also makes me wonder what their doing with the DNA. Im pretty sure cloning could come across the mind or the search for the creation of the perfect being.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
or mabey they would use the cloning tech. to replace us if we step out of line and/or our ideas became to radical

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's already too late. I feel what all you have said above is or already has happened. For crying out loud we have Human clones walk talking and living on this earth. And our government already has over half the born populations DNA not to mention finger prints. As for super people, please tell me you don't think the military hasn't tried. And the possibile out comes are not worth the risks. But again, the risks are not known without the outcomes. Thats why majority rule and common sence should be first and formost, at least imo.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As for super people, please tell me you don't think the military hasn't tried. Posted by ADVISOR

I would suggest that the Cabal already has this technology well in hand, and in use. I would imagine that cloning individuals would be far easier than selecting and harvesting the best of the crop for indoctrination from birth....

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Human clones? Advisor do you have any evidence of this?

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Perhaps everyone should not think of "Big Brother" storing our DNA in the future but at the present, even the past.

Just imagine when you went to the doctor as a child and took a blood sample, your wife giving birth to your first child, or when you went to hospital because of that nasty injury. Chances are the majority of people in the modern world have already had their DNA sampled at a medical facility of a certain nature.

Who knows if the directors of these organisations are secretly TOLD to give each person's sample to another organsation, this being stored to build a biological library of every person in that country... and guess what, if any country is doing this, U.S.A. is the most likely candidate.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
They collected our DNA when I was in the military. The said it was for "idenitification" purposes, incase they find our bodies but cant ID us.

But after we are out of the military, do they destroy the DNA sample? Doubtful, Im sure they keep it on file somewhere. I suppose its the beginning of DNA colelction of the whole population.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Not only could it free a person who was innocent of a crime, it could free a person who was guilty of a crime by a little manipulation of the DNA sample taken. IF they wanted it to. I think the main advantage to it would be freeing the wicked.

new topics

top topics

join