It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kiss Seen Round The World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You all think pushing homosexuality and racism in the media is a good thing towards acceptance.... Let me tell you, it's having the exact opposite effect! People are becoming more racist and more against homosexuality than ever before because instead of when it was private, no one really gave a crap about it, now that it's getting shoved in people's faces they're starting to get pissed off!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I've never heard of this guy (the football player, I know who Takei is) or this controversy, but eff the uptight wads. He's just as entitled to a celebratory kiss as the next person. I'm sure no one would have objected if the guy had smooched a big-boobed blonde rail thin T & A special, eh? So find the legitimate difference, it ought to keep the pearl-clutchers busy trying to do so.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I've never heard of this guy (the football player, I know who Takei is) or this controversy, but eff the uptight wads. He's just as entitled to a celebratory kiss as the next person. I'm sure no one would have objected if the guy had smooched a big-boobed blonde rail thin T & A special, eh? So find the legitimate difference, it ought to keep the pearl-clutchers busy trying to do so.

It wasn't just a celebratory kiss... It was a make out with cake on their face (not that it matters). The real issue is, they are elevating the guy to HERO STATUS for being an out of the closest NFL player. I'm sorry, being a homosexual doesn't make you a HERO unless you happen to be a homosexual who saved someones life or stopped a bank robbery...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

When we do it we are shoving it in peoples faces, when straight people do it it's "Celebrating Normality"

those are the Rules that we must follow

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Kissing someone you love is normal. That's what a chunk of the population can't wrap their minds around. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, IMO. If Bob & Mary can share a kiss where the want strikes them, Tim & John, and Lucy & Annie can, too.

There is nothing, anywhere, that logically says Nyiah & Mr Nyiah contacting each others lips isn't kosher and is offensive, is there? Of course not, because it's a normal expression of affection & love. It applies to everyone.
edit on 5/20/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

But he was clearly shoving it in the face of everyone, and using his being Drafted as a platform to not only promote the Gay Agenda, but disgust the values of America with a Make-out fest.. i mean it was 2 quick kisses

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Your sarcasm is right on the money.... To know he was gay did he have to take a photo op? I'm sure an announcement would have sufficed. Did he have to be brave/hero because he told the world he was gay? You're right about that gay agenda, it's not about equality, it's about raising homosexual status above hetero.

I love how people make the comparison between gay/straight people. People get just as offended if a straight couple is making out in public, nobody wants to see that.

Now since this guy has made the announcement he has special rights that his other hetero or in the closet teammates don't.... Immunity, if he doesn't perform and gets the boot it's going to be considered discrimination or hate crime or whatever the media would spin it as.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Your sarcasm is right on the money.... To know he was gay did he have to take a photo op? I'm sure an announcement would have sufficed. Did he have to be brave/hero because he told the world he was gay? You're right about that gay agenda, it's not about equality, it's about raising homosexual status above hetero.

Do Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie have to kiss on the red carpet of every event they attend? I mean, OMG, what a sick show of hetero crap they are, swapping spit in public. For shame. (get the sarcasm here?)

I love how people make the comparison between gay/straight people. People get just as offended if a straight couple is making out in public, nobody wants to see that.

Where? Planet Prude? I've seen spouses/couples out & about share anywhere from a quick chaste kiss to a tender smooch in public. Nobody ever seems to notice them.

Now since this guy has made the announcement he has special rights that his other hetero or in the closet teammates don't.... Immunity, if he doesn't perform and gets the boot it's going to be considered discrimination or hate crime or whatever the media would spin it as.

They're all men in tights in this game. I doubt it's going to be any different now than it was before. Except one really is gay, so it kinda takes the steam out of the jokes.
edit on 5/20/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

More stupid analogies and downplaying... Pitt and Jolie? Really? Famous movie actors who have been on camera and photographed for years compared to some unknown draftee? There is no sarcasm there either because I don't want to see anything that has to do with stupid movie stars relationships either...

Planet prude? That was cute too! I never said anything about quick kisses or tender smooches, I said make outs, ya know when your friends or family do it in front of ya and you say "why don't you get a room?"

Using men in tights as an analogy for being gay was cute too, I guess they should wear sweatpants, ya know so the other players can grab them easier. Never did I mention it would change the game, just that he now has special status.. You're very bad at trying to be clever...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: jheated5

Heterosexual Privilege

www.cs.earlham.edu...

itspronouncedmetrosexual.com...

Heterosexual privilege = Marriage and what it entails..... That's basically your argument.... Everything else is just public opinion that has nothing to do with laws...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

What i was trying to get across is that Heterosexuals take a lot of stuff for granted. in this example kissing their Girlfriend/Boyfriend of the opposite sex

people say "I would be equally disgusted if a straight couple did that" but do they? are their News casters and sports casters, and Media and People complaining about a Straight couple kissing?

are their people claiming that "X" football players was just using the opportunity to promote their "Straight Agenda"?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, I was away on a short vacation. I'll answer everyone in this thread.

Cuervo Do you get bothered the same way by heterosexuals? I'm just asking because I don't like to see PDA & I don't feel comfortable doing PDA either (small kisses are fine but anything more & I think it's rude & ick.

snypwsd I too think it's stupid when people are ok with people pretending to be gay on tv but when confronted with it in real life, they have a problem with it.

FlyersFan

That being said. I'm not a fan of ANY sexual public displays of affection by anyone. Holding hands ... fine. Pecks on the lips or cheeks ... fine. Hugging and snuggling ... fine. But the deep throat making out sessions and groping .. no matter who it is .. I find that distracting and unhelpful for story lines. I feel yukky like a voyeur. That's just where I am on all that ...
I agree. I think there is a time and a place for everything & some stuff belongs behind closed doors.

KyoZero It bugs me too how it can be fine for two females to kiss & have sex but it's not acceptable for men. As a bi sexual women it pisses me off because my ex's would be worried that a man could steal me away if we had a 3some with another guy but wouldn't even think about the possibility of a women stealing me away if we had a 3some with another girl.

Justwatchingyou

Did you just basically tell me their numbers aren't large enough to care about?

Yupp, that is what he is saying.

jheated5

You all think pushing homosexuality and racism in the media is a good thing towards acceptance.... Let me tell you, it's having the exact opposite effect! People are becoming more racist and more against homosexuality than ever before because instead of when it was private, no one really gave a crap about it, now that it's getting shoved in people's faces they're starting to get pissed off!

Homosexuality & racism being pushed in the media in hopes for acceptance is not what it is causing problems, it's the media creating problems between minority groups that is the problem. Governments don't want the people to unite together so they cause problems in amongst the people by creating minority groups. Then they target different minorities, causing hatred, fear & ignorance.

The real issue is, they are elevating the guy to HERO STATUS for being an out of the closest NFL player. I'm sorry, being a homosexual doesn't make you a HERO unless you happen to be a homosexual who saved someones life or stopped a bank robbery...
It takes a lot of guts for a football player to come out of the closet. You obviously know nothing about what it is like in a guys locker room for major sports. There is a lot of "gay/fag" words being tossed around. If you are an athlete you are supposed to be a super macho man & it has always been that way. Guys have to fit into a very cookie cutter form & if they don't, watch out, there will be hell to pay. So yes, Sam can be seen as a hero for coming out of the closet in an industry that is supposed to be a certain stereotype.

More stupid analogies and downplaying... Pitt and Jolie? Really? Famous movie actors who have been on camera and photographed for years compared to some unknown draftee? There is no sarcasm there either because I don't want to see anything that has to do with stupid movie stars relationships either...
Fine don't like celebrities being used, I'm pretty sure when heterosexual unknown draftee's find out the great news that they have been signed to the major leagues, that they kiss their partner. So why can't a homosexual? Oh right, because something so basic & human but being done by a homosexual, offends closed minded people.

That's all I'm going to say to you, I will not waste any more of my time on you.

Fylgje I've been thinking about what to say to you in response to your arrogant ignorance. You may think that homosexuality is a

microscopic minority living in a mostly heterosexual world
but you are terribly mistaken. No life does not depend on heterosexuals, life depends on sperm & eggs. As long as there is sperm & eggs there will be life, doesn't matter if it's heterosexuals having couples or homosexuals having couples.
At one time it was thought that you could treat a woman's hysteria by giving her an orgasm using a dildo, we now know that isn't a cure. As time goes on, we realize the truths of life. Homosexuals were created by God & will continue to be around FOREVER because GOD created them.

That's all I'm going to say to you, I will not waste any more of my time on you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join