It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Pareidolia Responsible For Those Ghostly Faces?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

The phone rings... I hear those a lot. Almost every time I turn on the water to brush my teeth, I think I hear the phone. I'll spit and run to the living room, only to find the phone is not ringing.

That's funny you say that.

I do/hear the same thing too--whether I'm brushing my teeth or washing dishes.

Only thing is...I have the Wallander ring on my phone (very distinctive. Kind of encapsulates his mood in a weird way. From the Branagh version on the detective series)...but I hear a "regular" cell ring and dry off and go look for the phone.

Weird things in this world.

I try to explain what I can, but some may be ingrained into the brain and some may be external--whatever they may be.
edit on 5/16/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: Well one would just think it's a habit by now, wouldn't they?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

You do dishes?!

Are you married?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: intrptr

Wow! I had to go to the link and enlarge it to see the first time, but then I saw it when I came back to your post.

That's a creepy looking bugger! I DO hope that is just pareidolia!

Oh, it muuust be. I looked and looked again and I cannot determine that the "reflection" is from someone in the room. It just doesn't match anyone else there.

I been saving that for a thread like this. Thanks for starting it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Fixed
edit on 5/16/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Yah, minus the big red circle you can see more "detail" in your blow up.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh, that is a creepy looking thing! Looks like a demon!

------------------------------------------------------
Excellent thread, Sled. I hope to see many good pictures being posted. I don't have any myself, but I will be watching this thtead!

S&F

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mindless1980

Thanks, Mindless. Appreciate the S&F

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You do dishes?!

Are you married?

ETA: Nothing like asking a guy if he's married to see him suddenly vanish! LOL

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

You do dishes?!

Are you married?

Divorced.

But hell, I was chef'ing it up, shopping, cooking, cleaning dishes, gardening the yard...figuratively and literally. All she had to do once home was flip on the TV.

And boy was that not what she wanted, as I found out. She wanted the "dangerous, unpredictable" guy I was.

I thought who grows old with "who might be calling or coming to the door with who knows what substance"?

Apparently her.
Weird is as weird does, though, and I still am that guy (odd night "deliveries") not thinking I have to be "that guy" for someone.

She Actually really dug it. Go figure.

I am waaaaay off topic and Please excuse me Mods, blame it on Mystic Mushroom the Mod
, or really a quiet night with a 6 pack. w/e

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I really Did used to be a chef in a few restaurants in St. L and Ladue -- latter the richer set.

Then made some money making music with my band in , like it's 9th year (lol), then started to do what i studied for and am working from home by writing. Not much philosophy from my studies, but writing.
And hearing odd things in my place...it's a few floors up too, so I don't really get where anything connected to the land would reach me.

edit on 5/16/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: missing "h" and a window.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Darn it! I knew I gave up catching that divorce lawyer a couple of weeks ago!
Just kidding, Chamber.
I hope some nice woman comes into your life that appreciates the kind of man your are.
Not many left out there that does all that for the wife.

Now, back on topic....

Anyone have any ghost pictures to share?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ever heard that ghosts/spirits can float?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Ever heard that ghosts/spirits can float?

Hmm... this could go a couple ways, and it's ATS, so I'll just leave it at yeah, I have.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Okay, I think everyone has gone to bed, so I'll say good night.

Have pleasant dreams. LOL Ha, ha, ha!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Do you float?

Well the only pictures I have that i initially thought might be something, upon analyzing and zooming turned out to be explainable and (TBH) a bit of a let down. I mean who doesn't want to catch "that shot"?

The place I really truly Expected to find something in my pics was at Ocho Ojos. ...Nothing.
Still the history and location...I dunno.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I hope more people post their pictures.
I am loving this thread!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The last photo in your post was taken in Kirkcaldy fife Scotland
This was taken by my sisters friends
The child you see crying was being scratched nipped and bitten
The face at the bottom of the picture was that of a child believed
to have died in that house,IMHO the was not peirodolia but a genuine
haunting and the face was a ghost not someone's imagination.
I have seen the original photo taken on a camera phone and used
to have a copy, it's been all over Facebook and is well known here .

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
window

window.

w i n d o w -- kind of a nice and weird analogy to seeing or hearing something fleeting that you can Swear was there but...
**--- window. air window. ---**

It's messed up and those who have not read it, it may sound crazily off-topic, but a lot of this really reminds me of "House Of Leaves", the book.

On the left, the "my location" for me refers to that book. Not a film. But yes a film. And someones experience, in a very weird house. And a guy that reads a story and writes a story of the near horror of searching for the unattainable, airy, deepening, ever, deepening ...people loved.
edit on 5/16/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: Using the "window". analogy since it's here sometime then disappears... window. Use "quote"

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have a picture to share that I haven't posted anywhere yet. I'm pretty sure it qualifies as pareidolia and it definitely creeped me out.

My 5-year-old is really really obsessed with astronomy. One night he was looking through his telescope at the moon.

He wanted me to take pictures of what he was seeing. All I had was my phone, so he had me put the phone up to the lens and snap a few pictures. Of course, they came out pretty craptacular - but I was just sharing in his enthusiasm for the moment. Anyway, I took several pictures quickly through the lens, and most looked like you would expect... expect for one:

most pics looked like these, then in the middle of all of those was this:

Eek! I don't know how to rotate to show they way it looked on my phone, but it looked 100% exactly like a very creepy eye looking back at us.

Does this qualify as pareidolia? Its not an entire face, just an eye. It must be some sort of trick of light with the lens in the telescope, but none of the other pictures looked anything like this one.

Still gives me the creeps a bit, even though I have no reason to believe it is anything paranormal.

ETA: Oh, and I will also add that I often hear music and voices in white noise. It took me a long time to figure out this was a fairly common phenomenon. My brain must just be wired a little funny. I also have the ringing in the ears (silence is VERY loud to me, so I always like to have some white noise), and "exploding head syndrome" where I hear loud sounds or voices right as I'm falling asleep. None of these are things I really talk about with anyone, because many would assume it is some sort of psychological issue. I don't believe any of it is paranormal, but just a somewhat common neurological phenomenon that, for whatever reason, I seem prone to.

Great thread, I'm enjoying this discussion!

edit on 17-5-2014 by VegHead because: added stuff

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I did a google on "hearing voices and music in white noise." Apparently this is a very common phenomenon. Good to know I'm not a loony. If I am, at least I have plenty of company.
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox&channel=sb

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join