It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie First look: Interstellar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This new movie called Interstellar sounds like it is written by some members here at ATS.

Set in the near future, Interstellar finds McConaughey — fresh from his Oscar-winning performance in Dallas Buyers Club — in the role of Cooper, an engineer and a pilot, and a father of two. After climate change brings on a global food crisis, he turns his focus on farming — until an old mentor (Nolan regular Michael Caine) recruits him to join a mysterious space mission. Its goal: Finding another planet capable of sustaining human life. No pressure there!

Sounds interesting. Here's the first trailer. What says ATS?

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 16-5-2014 by lostbook because: typo

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

This looks like it will be an amazing movie!

Can not wait!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Very excited for this one. With that being said, I like anything that Christoper Nolan puts out. A Nolan flick with a Hans Zimmer score... sounds like gold to me.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yeah, it seems as if whomever wrote this movie is a conspiracy theorist at heart. This has the makings of a good one! I can't wait.....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The rather sublime reality to this tale of the necessity to leave the one place you have called home to save your own children is already upon us.

Families faced with the reality of either choosing divorce and allowing the chance for their children's survival to improve, or with the increasing and unresolved friction between husband and wife tearing away at the fabric of the family and leaving the children in a worse place every day...

This movie is not rocket science. It is meant to show us both how fragile our existence is here on this planet but most importantly how fragile our families are. And why we should do all we can to maintain those bonds at all costs.

I will tell you that unlike many marriages that end in divorce, there is still a tremendous life force left in this planet of ours. And sending a single person or small group far away to establish another encampment is not a death sentence but an escape valve for our mindless ways.

Nice trailer.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Zedski because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Just saw 'Interstellar'. A stunning production.

The 2 1/2 plus hour film was over in a flash. It takes quite a while to get one's head straight after this film.

Excellent cast, good visuals all while hitting you with intellectual challenges. I've gotten my whole adult family to see it- it may be too much for kids to grasp it- and they are one for one...well, moved, is the best word I can come up with.

By the way, there is a flaw in the movie's premise that becomes apparent at the end of the film. It won't hit you right away as there's a recovery period after it's over.

Perhaps the best over-all sci-fi movie I've ever seen that is the closest to golden aged sci-fi that feature plausible science as well as fiction.

I recommend it.

edit on 31-12-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Best. Movie. Ever.

Loved it. (its currently stocked in red box)

new topics

top topics

join