It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US General Warns Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I found it funny that on one hand our General is touting our ability to handle the situation with the forces available and on the other hand, we're increasing troop stregnth to handle the elections:

Troop Increase

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Oh great wise one! How do we fight terror then? You seem to ignore a threat. How does your husband feel about the war by the way?

Ironic statement coming from you I would think.

You know what you have become Grady's shadow, and on top of that you are a bored I don't find you ok anymore but more of a shadow of others that happened to have more interesting things to post.

Get over it we are facing a mayor terrorist attack in the making because the present administration is to busy in Iraq while the real terrorist are planning somewhere else in comfort and freedom.

This US General the only way it can keep "others" from challenging the present US administration is with empty threads.

US military is over extended, tired and in need of a brake.

While you sit here and pray for war to you God we are in a financial hole here in the US and the entire world knows about it, we are vulnerable if our economy goes down.

Wars cost money and maintaining invaded countries cost even more.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
War happy

I think that label belongs to Iran.
What the US does is for the benifit of the whole world, were not conquering the world or nothin, we just dont have and finacial ties (france) to terrorists or enemy countries, so were the ones that have to step in and take action to make sure the world doesn't end. Its allways the US (and some allies) because all other nations either dont have the power or forces the US has, or of course there in bed with the enemy.

I bet shovel sales are at an all-time-high in Iran, since with remarks that they make they know the US will respond, so I hope they are also pickin out their casket.

Yesterday Iran was gloating about their "victory" over the US, on the fact that they dodged the nuclear sactions.
Iran Boasts Great Victory Over US

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Yesterday Iran was gloating about their "victory" over the US, on the fact that they dodged the nuclear sanctions.
Iran Boasts Great Victory Over US

Thanks for the link, we had another thread that posted the link also. You understand that Iraq is not the only country that has dogged the nuclear sanctions and ended developing their nuclear power.

You know those countries as well.

But you also understand that the present administration is very much in a quest to get to Iran, when other countries like Pakistan also harbor terrorist but just because they said the are fighting terrorism alone US, we can not trust them either. But what is the administration doing they are providing with weapons and is allowing their proliferation of nuclear weapons. Doesn't that sound hypocritical?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Marge
But you also understand that the present administration is very much in a quest to get to Iran, when other countries like Pakistan also harbor terrorist but just because they said the are fighting terrorism alone US, we can not trust them either. But what is the administration doing they are providing with weapons and is allowing their proliferation of nuclear weapons. Doesn't that sound hypocritical?

Pakistan is combating terrorism, un like Iran, besides its not like the US likes Pak we still have an eye on them, a few days ago I heard that they stoped the search for Osama in a certian city because they said they looked everywhere and couldn't find one trace of him being there. So at least there putting in some effort to find him, again unlike Iran. Also Pakistan has nukes, but (as far as we know) Iran doesnot have then yet, so were trying to not let another country obtain them. They might posses a couple that they have bought from Russia, but they cant yet make them on their own.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I just saw some guy on Wolf Blitzer proclaiming Bin laden in Iran.

Just another reason for the US to say, "We must go into Iran."

Well, the US is about to bite more than it can chew, if it hasn't already with it's current misadventures.

Justice is on the horizon.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
I just saw some guy on Wolf Blitzer proclaiming Bin laden in Iran.

Just another reason for the US to say, "We must go into Iran."

Well, the US is about to bite more than it can chew, if it hasn't already with it's current misadventures.

It's possible...

Misadventures??? Like what? Afghan Elections or Iraq becoming a free country. (and if your gonna say "Iraq was a safer place before the US went their", I would agree & disagree, But by the time the US leaves it will be far better, changing a country takes time.

Justice is on the horizon

Whats that supposed to mean? You think that the US is gonna get whats coming to them.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ahem Iraq is far from been a free country, thanks to the hasty and bad planning invasion.

And for Afghanistan, well their economy is blooming under, the new democracy, I guess the Taliban is doing better attacking our soldiers in Iraq.

Bad planning is what has turned a simple and good hearted liberation into a nightmare.

And now an attack in Iran when business in Iraq are not finish is the best decision our president can do.

What you think Murcielago, by the way are you spanish?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Justice is on the horizon

Whats that supposed to mean? You think that the US is gonna get whats coming to them.

Is that your assumption from that quote? Maybe YOU think the US is gonna get what's coming to them.

Anyways, the reality is that EVERYONE will get what is coming to them, and the US is no exception.

Now I am not saying the US deserves something bad, or good.

You get what you deserve. That's all.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The Arabs do not see the world as you two do....

I stopped reading when you said "The Arabs."

Iran has nothing to do with Arabs.

Sweat, you'll rarely hear me say this as it is rarely true, but, you are right. They are not Arabs.
You are wrong in that they have nothing to do with Arabs, though.

Remember, being half right makes you half wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thomas Crowne,

With all due respect, I can't remember the last time you were right, despite all your claims.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I guess you're always right in your mind, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043You know what you have become Grady's shadow, and on top of that you are a bored I don't find you ok anymore but more of a shadow of others that happened to have more interesting things to post.

Thanks for the comparison. I appreciate it and consider it an honor.

Originally posted by marg6043Get over it we are facing a mayor terrorist attack in the making because the present administration is to busy in Iraq while the real terrorist are planning somewhere else in comfort and freedom.

You still don't get it, marg that is what is called a 'naysayer'. You have to start and see the BIG picture, not the Michael Moore bull# you worship.

Originally posted by marg6043This US General the only way it can keep "others" from challenging the present US administration is with empty threads.

You think it is empty? Do you know what power a single carrier battle group has? Do you know how many we have? We don't need to occupy # anymore, this you must understand quickly if you have any hope of understanding the situation your country is in.

Originally posted by marg6043US military is over extended, tired and in need of a brake.

See above marg ok? WE DONT NEED TO OCCUPY!
Quick history lesson , look at Serbia, ironic as they were fighting Muslims and we helped the Muslims, the short term memory ones.

Originally posted by marg6043While you sit here and pray for war to you God we are in a financial hole here in the US and the entire world knows about it, we are vulnerable if our economy goes down.

Our economy is not in that kind of danger, you have to understand math, we are 70-80% debt/GDP ration. may of the Western nations are in worse shape. We owe most of the money to "ourselves". get a grip OK?

Originally posted by marg6043Wars cost money and maintaining invaded countries cost even more.

marg - We will have spent around 250 Billion in Iraq/ Afghanistan in about 2-3 years, that is conservatively $100 billion a year. We have a 10 Trillion dollar economy. The Government budget is 2 trillion. You don't get the numbers very well.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Thomas Crowne,

With all due respect, I can't remember the last time you were right, despite all your claims.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I guess you're always right in your mind, right?

Kettle calling the pot now, can you hear it too?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The US military did an amazing job on bringing saddam to his knees and then to his knees in a jail cell, But true, the one thing they didn't do near enough planning for is what to do after they took out all of Iraqs military. Bush knows this, hell he has been hearing about it everyday by the liberals, but the fact is is that were not gonna just put our tail between our legs and run away, Were doing everything we can to make it a better and more livable country. Like I said "changing a country takes time" on this subject patients is key.

IF, the US decides to pre-emptive Iran, it would be by air and sea only. a LOT of people speculate that a lot of people (aka:terrorist) in Iraq right now are from Iran, and actually sent there by the Iranian gov, this makes sense because they know that if Iraq is successfull for the US then the US will turn its eyes to them, wether it be take out their military or a liberation of their people. So by taking on Iran, they see it as a kill two birds with one stone, IE: Eliminate the Iran threat, while at the same time lowering Iraq's violence. Could that also be a bad plan...Yes, but thats always the case, theres always 2 paths.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Murcielago,

Everything will be all peachy if all of them were from Iran, but you are forgetting that the must of the terrorist were from Saudi Arabia not Iran and none from Iraq.

Saudi has been financing terrorist for a long time and US has known this but they are still friends look at the Bush family and Saud royal family ties they come a long way but behind the Saudis have terrorist groups.

Lest not forget bin laden he is Saudi national also.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Murcielago,

Everything will be all peachy if all the were from Iran, but you are forgetting that the must of the terrorist were from Saudi Arabia not Iran and none from Iraq.

Saudi has been financing terrorist for a long time and US has known this but they are still friends look at the Bush family and Saud royal family ties they come a long way but behind the Saudis have terrorist groups.

Lest not forget bin laden he is Saudi national also.

How many times do you have to be told why most of the 19 were Saudi, they got Visa's easier for passage to the states, attract less attention, passports not marked in Iran via leaving Afghanistan. There you go marq, another history lesson.

BTW, what does your husband think about the war in Iraq? Being he was a veteran and all...

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Bless your heart, Sweat, I wouldn't expect you to realize when I'm right or when you're wrong. Don't worry, if you are ever in question, just ask me. I'm here for you, buddy. Always know that I have the facts (which makes me right) and they are only a u2u away.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read a book. You know, those things that hold knowledge between the covers?

Sep

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

IF, the US decides to pre-emptive Iran, it would be by air and sea only.

And what exactly would you do after this air and sea attack? Where exactly are you planning to hit? There was an article several days ago that said that there are approximatly 350 sites that needs to be hit in order to stop Iran's nuclear program. Now here is my question. Lets just imagine you know where all the centrifuges are. Would Iran just sit back and take all this. What would the S-300s do? What would the FM 90s do? does they US know where all these SAMs are? Does the US know where all the missile launchers are? Does the US know the location of every single iranian cruise missile? Does the US know where all Iranian Shahabs, scuds and the other small missiles that they have been building for 20 years are? And if US strikes Iran what would the Iraqis do? Remember their most influencial leader is Iranian and his accent when he speacks Arabic is Persian. What would Hebolla and Hamas do? What would Fatah do? There is alot of things that have to be taken under close examination before the planees take off.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

And what exactly would you do after this air and sea attack? Where exactly are you planning to hit? There was an article several days ago that said that there are approximatly 350 sites that needs to be hit in order to stop Iran's nuclear program. Now here is my question. Lets just imagine you know where all the centrifuges are.

You are right but don't worry the war happy will enlighten us with their rant on how to win the war.

No only Iran has more population, if US strike that country and destroy their cities and people become "casualties" US will look worst in the world that already is, and remember if you "brake it" you own it.

US will have to invade and fight in their lands just like Iraq with a difference it will be more hatred and more fighters and our troops will become the victims of yet another Mr. Bush war.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

US will have to invade and fight in their lands just like Iraq with a difference it will be more hatred and more fighters and our troops will become the victims of yet another Mr. Bush war.

You don't understand Iran very much do you? Quite a few of them want the mullahs out and they LIKE the US, believe it or not!

Mr. Bush war huh? Guess its his fault the 3000 died huh?

marg, I really wish you would look into the history of Osama and his declaration of war against the united States. It would help you understand things as apparently you don't at the moment.

BTW what does your husband think of the Iraq war?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join