It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two pics from Oilantaytambo that 100% defy evolution

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Here is an observation. By saying it stood still that means before that it was moving. That was only until the people had vengeance so after it would be moving again.

Taken as a whole the bible says the sun orbits the earth.

Pretty good catch on the bible verse there.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing
a reply to: DarknStormy

Why would an all seeing, all knowing supreme being express such important knowledge in such vague terms open to various interpretations and requiring "spiritual insight" (an amazingly subjective quality open to personal bias) ? Why would his message not be unequivocal, and open to all?

It is open to all, the question is what you do with it.

You could make these same arguments about any subjective text. People who do not see enlightenment in the I-Ching - or for that matter in the Greater London Phone Directory ? - they obviously just do not possess the correct "spiritual insight"..

It's a tough one to answer because each individual has the ability to obtain this kind of thinking and everyone thinks different. Many people cannot achieve this though because they simply don't care and would rather ignore the deeper meanings of what is written in the religious texts. Religion is a study, not something you quote two verses and rubbish to prove a point.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Billion muslims, billion catholics, billion in india, a billion in china, were already at 4 billion who do not believe in atheism. this is involving only 4 religions, and some of those even have multiple sect.. worldwide i do not believe evolution or atheism is the primary/majority belief...
edit on 10-6-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

All this is saying is that the Sun was stationery in the Sky which could have numerous explanations. Maybe the Earth stopped turning, the Sun didn't go down for roughly a day. Maybe it was something else but to assume that this is undeniable evidence that the Bible says the Sun orbits the Earth is ridiculous. The Moon also stopped, does that mean the Earth orbits the Moon?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: Barcs

But yet so many religious folk take the bait hook line and sinker when people preach about the evil science and how it's the devil's work.

Evolution is a religion based upon faith and assumptions that have NOTHING to do with Science.

It is believed TOTALLY by blind faith.

The only difference is that unlike Christianity, evolution is a blind faith - which is is COMPLETELY contradicted by evidence and science...

So WHO is the one taking the bait now?

It takes MORE faith to believe in the absurdities of evolution than it does to believe in creation and ID.

Evolution IS in fact an organized religion regardless of WHAT anyone wants to call it.

That is complete BS and you know it. Funny how you completely ignored the last message that proved your "mathematical impossibility" claim wrong. Evolution has TONS of evidence behind it, religion has none. That's the simple fact of the matter. You can deny it all you want, but the evidence has been posted numerous times. Again, your creationist quotes prove zilch. Where is your scientific data that conflicts with the science behind evolution? Why have you not even attempted to address it and instead resort to logical fallacies presented by people that know nothing about evolution and even use outdated terminology like "darwinist". LOL.

There are other questions Darwinists need to answer. If believing that Christ raised people from the dead is a matter of faith — and it is — is not the Darwinist claim that nature created life out of non-life a matter of faith? If it is science, why can’t scientists replicate it in microcosm in a laboratory?

FAIL. Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life.

Clearly, a continued belief in the absolute truth of Darwinist evolution is but an act of faith that fulfills a psychological need of folks who have rejected God. That picture on the wall of the science class of apes on four legs, then apes on two legs, then homo erectus walking upright is as much an expression of faith as the picture of Adam and Eve and the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

No it doesn't. Evolution has the fossil record and the entire fields of genetics and biology to back it up.

With respect to its great contributions to society, I think it is important to make a case that science is really affecting society more like a religion now than a field of study or a resource base of useful information. Many everyday people do not understand it at all and accept ALL its teachings on faith. Unfortunately some scientists and academic professionals are not so noble and have perpetrated deliberate frauds and cover-ups of important discoveries.

Once again a flat out lie. The experiments are PUBLIC information and can be duplicated by anyone that has the means. Are you insinuating the experiments are false despite being repeated over and over again all over the world? Sorry but your quotes are straight up jokes, I'm not going to respond to them all, but again they all show intellectual dishonesty and flat out lies about scientific methods. If you can't present scientific data that conflicts with evolution you have absolutely nothing. Obviously frauds have happened, but guess who figures it out and corrects the errors? Scientists. Anything in science can be challenged at anytime if you have evidence.

"(Darwinism is) nothing but a kind of cult, a cult religion....It has no scientific validity whatsoever. Darwin's so-called theory of evolution is based on absurdly irrational propositions, which did not come from scientific observations, but were artificially introduced from the outside, for political-ideological reasons."

Now this is just HILARIOUS. No evidence whatsoever? You honestly believe this?

www.talkorigins.org...

evolution.berkeley.edu...

Like I said, address the science itself, stop quoting dumb people's opinions and lies. Present something that's valid scientifically or don't bother responding. I don't care about religion, I don't care about god. I'm looking for specific evidence that conflicts with evolution, not some pseudo science that is based on ignorance of Modern Evolutionary Synthesis. Present your case with valid evidence this time, please.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Billion muslims, billion catholics, billion in india, a billion in china, were already at 4 billion who do not believe in atheism. this is involving only 4 religions, and some of those even have multiple sect.. worldwide i do not believe evolution or atheism is the primary/majority belief...

Atheism and evolution aren't the same thing. Non religious accounts for 12% of the world, and that doesn't prove a single thing. Does Britney Spears selling millions of records, prove that her music is the best of all time? Of course not. That's just the fallacy of appeal to popularity. It has nothing to do with actual science and evidence.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Evolution is a scientific theory not a religion, so I'm not sure what it has to do with the rest of your post here. Also, it is widely known that atheism isn't a majority belief in the world. Seriously, what are you trying to get at with this post?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KaelemJames
a reply to: DigitalResonance

In The Written Word it tells us the earth is round:
Job 26:7
Isaiah 40:21-22

Man puts his faith in the flesh. Thereby saying the world is flat, 1000's of years after God told man it is not.

On the other hand, I cannot debate with people who don't believe in The Living Word.

You should have stopped at "I cannot debate."

According to the Bible the earth is a flat, immovable disk, supported by pillars and covered with a solid vault of heaven, the rim of which is is resting on the perimeter of the disk of the earth, and the stars are just lights set in the vault of heaven.
In1 Samuel 2:8 and 75:3, it is placed on pillars. And being on pillars, suggest it has an underside and a top side, as confirmed by Isaiah 40:22 which says that the earth is a flat disk.

In Hebrew the word translated as "circle" in Isaiah 40:22 it is chuwg, this means "circle" not "sphere." Strong's Concordance circle describe a circle.
In 40:22. The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament circle the earth is conceived as a disc.
In the Hebrew-Aramaic and English Lexicon of the Old Testament: "draw round, make a circle." If a sphere were meant, the Hebrew word "duwr" would have been used.
In Job 26:7 when it says that the earth hangs over nothing, as referred several times in the Bible. Is referring to a flat earth that has an underside and under the earth is the abyss. NOT a sphere!

There are in fact several other verses in the Bible that say the earth is flat, look in Nebuchadnezzar's vision in Dan 4:10-11 (if the earth were not flat, the tree could not be seen from all the earth). Furthermore in Dan 2:28 concludes that the visions of Nebuchadnezzar are from God. The biblical god clearly says the biblical earth is flat, is god lying?

If we continue to look in Exodus 39:3 we see reference to beating out metal into plates or expanses of the metal. This is the firmament, or sky, solid, beaten out expanse or vault set on the rim of the flat disk of the earth. This is confirmed in Job 37:18.
Also see..19:1-6, Isaiah 13:4-5, and Matt 24:31. In Matt 24:29 the stars in the biblical cosmos are just lights set in the firmament. They will fall to the earth in the Last Days.

This is the correct view of the biblical cosmos as shown by the facts described in the bible. The consistency of the structures as written, accurately represents the cosmos as dreamed up by the ancient Hebrews.

And before I forget...
Murgatroid..Mutate and Survive!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Non religious accounts for 12% of the world, and that doesn't prove a single thing.

I believe I can reasonably assume that a lot of people claim to belong to a specific religion even though they are actually atheists or at least agnostics. Why? To avoid social ostracism (or being murdered). Sometimes it's just easier to go along with the hogwash than to fight it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

This is true. Atheists have been stuck in the proverbial closet for centuries upon centuries. It has only been the last 30 years and change in some western countries, where they have been able to freely speak out without consequence. I do agree that the actual numbers are most likely significantly higher than the survey reflects.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

This is true

Come on Barcs, you know as a
well as I do that's just speculative upon wishful at best.
And the real truth is, that the further back in time we go?
The closer we get to the times, when there was good reason for people
to write and believe that which time has now allowed it's disbelief.
Only time and the world being constantly filled with degenerative human
beings saturated in immorality, corruption and greed. We wouldn't even know
our own Creator if he smacked us across the face and that's only happened recently,
in the grand scheme of things. Surely even you must admit that's completely obvious.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
a reply to: Blue Shift

This is true. Atheists have been stuck in the proverbial closet for centuries upon centuries. It has only been the last 30 years and change in some western countries, where they have been able to freely speak out without consequence. I do agree that the actual numbers are most likely significantly higher than the survey reflects.

Especially when atheists are ashamed of their friends and family finding out that they are a filthy blaspheming heathen. Stuff like that can get you exiled from family reunions - or worse, your grandmother's will.

edit on 11-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Religious apologists complain bitterly that atheists and secularists are aggressive and hostile in their criticism of them. I always say: look, when you guys were in charge, you didn’t argue with us, you just burnt us at the stake. Now what we’re doing is, we’re presenting you with some arguments and some challenging questions, and you complain.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

This is true

our own Creator if he smacked us across the face and that's only happened recently,
in the grand scheme of things. Surely even you must admit that's completely obvious.

Speculative? Naw. There's been far more persecution for believing in NO god or the WRONG god than there has been for believing in a god at all.
edit on 12-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: Grimpachi

So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

All this is saying is that the Sun was stationery in the Sky which could have numerous explanations. Maybe the Earth stopped turning, the Sun didn't go down for roughly a day. Maybe it was something else but to assume that this is undeniable evidence that the Bible says the Sun orbits the Earth is ridiculous. The Moon also stopped, does that mean the Earth orbits the Moon?

I'm just speaking from the viewpoint of Catholicism now. For the record, I'm a lapsed Catholic. But the church taught the geocentric theory although this may or may not be interpreted directly from the Bible. Point is, this is what the church taught for centuries and Galileo was excommunicated because he taught otherwise. And it took the church a few hundred years to acknowledge their mistake and apologize for the Galileo fiasco.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

This is true

So you honestly don't think that anybody who lives in any Islamic theocracy, hides their atheism/agnosticism to ensure their safety? If you took a survey of the world 2000 years ago, there would have been way less atheists. That doesn't mean they weren't there, it just means they were hiding it so they wouldn't be executed. It's pretty much common sense that atheists all over the world do not come out publicly in many of the more oppressive countries that don't practice freedom of religion, so common sense also states that the number is higher than 12%. That in itself doesn't really prove anything, however, because appeal to popularity is a fallacy.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Exceptional post!

I agree about the firmament collapse, shortened lifespans and the identity of "Neanderthal" as the "giants" (great men) in Genesis.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

An adult male neanderthal was around 5' 2". Not sure how that qualifies as "giant".

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

No. You really do not understand evolution, despite your rabid, irrational fear and dismissal of it. You hate what you do not comprehend, and what you do not comprehend, you cannot debate meaningfully or rationally. You are not the only creationist with this mindset, it seems to be the norm.

No. You really don't understand The Creator, despite your rabid, irrational fear and dismissal of Him. You hate what you do not comprehend, and what you do not comprehend, you cannot debate meaningfully or rationally. You are not the only evolutionist with this mindset, it seems to be the norm.

God Bless,

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: ElohimJD

An adult male neanderthal was around 5' 2". Not sure how that qualifies as "giant".

The word translated as "giants" in Genesis is nĕphiyl. It does not mean great in size or stature, but rather great is strength/skill.

5'2" is small in size, but the power of their bodies would have made them fierce fighters on the battlefield. It is said a Neanderthal muscle build could fell a tree in a single swing!

The English word used in the English translation of Genesis is the issue, not what was written.

God Bless,
edit on 12-6-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join