It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two pics from Oilantaytambo that 100% defy evolution

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Attacking an established field of science, however, is a whole different ballpark. Sometimes it is willful ignorance and intentional preaching to recruit, but not always.

Accepting a complete mathematical impossibility all on FAITH only because the priests of "the scientific establishment" say so is how some might define willful ignorance.

Most people just aren't gullible enough to believe what the "scientific establishment" tells them anymore.

Mainstream academia has demonstrated over and over that everything they are pushing is is agenda driven lies.

One would HAVE to be extremely gullible in order to believe something that is so mathematically impossible that the odds of it happening are beyond calculation.

“The theory of evolution is impossible. At base, in spite of appearances, no one any longer believes in it….Evolution is a kind of dogma which the priests no longer believe, but which they maintain for their people.” ~ Paul Lemoine

"Most of what is being taught in university classrooms today, in biology, and also in physics and mathematics, is actually not science at all, but essentially a variety of religious cult, whose immediate roots can be traced, among other things, to the Cathars and Bogomils of the medieval "dark ages"!

True, this cult, which controls much of our educational system and scientific community, naturally does not advertise itself openly as a fanatic form of irrationalist belief; rather, it calls itself "the scientific establishment"; it typically brands those who refuse to accept its most egregious doctrines, as "unscientific."

Now, it is easy to show that Darwinism, one of the pillars of modern biology, is nothing but a kind of cult, a cult religion. I am not exaggerating. It has no scientific validity whatsoever. Darwin's so-called theory of evolution is based on absurdly irrational propositions, which did not come from scientific observations, but were artificially introduced from the outside, for political-ideological reasons."

Jonathan Tennenbaum: Toward a True Science of Life

Sorry, but evolution is about as proven as it gets.

“Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great con-men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever. In explaining evolution, we do not have one iota of fact.” ~ Dr. T. N. Tahmisian

"The Darwinian theory of descent has not a single fact to confirm it in the realm of nature. It is not the result of scientific research, but purely the product of imagination." ~ Albert Fleischmann

edit on 5-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Accepting a complete mathematical impossibility all on FAITH only because the priests of "the scientific establishment" say so is how some might define willful ignorance.

1st: Nothing included in the Theory of Evolution violates the laws of physics nor does it violate chemical principals. Therefore, you are factually incorrect calling it impossible

2nd: Regardless of probability life exists; therefore, probability of chemicals arranging to form organic matter is irrelevant.

3rd: Chemistry is not a random process; therefore, statistical probability is irrelevant.
edit on 5-6-2014 by Cypress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Attacking an established field of science, however, is a whole different ballpark. Sometimes it is willful ignorance and intentional preaching to recruit, but not always.

Good thing science and the people who believe its theories don't do that. Anyone, including you or I, are welcome to read and review any published work and determine its legitimacy by examining their reasonings, evidence, experiments, and observations. This is called peer review. It helps to develop and keep science up to date with new findings. Something that religion seems to be lacking. Heck religions tend to dislike people questioning their beliefs. Hence this thread.

Most people just aren't gullible enough to believe what the "scientific establishment" tells them anymore.

No one needs to be gullible to believe science. They just have to review the evidence. So I guess this is a true statement, but if you are trying to say that most people don't believe in evolution, you are dead wrong. You are a minority in your beliefs, I would have thought you already knew that. Say the opposite is the case is just foolish.

Mainstream academia has demonstrated over and over that everything they are pushing is is agenda driven lies.

Lies are recognized for what they are then abandoned from intellectual debate. Once a fraud has been exposed, scientists oust the person, destroy their academic credibility and then don't let any of those findings infect any current scientific theories. Scientists only accept legitimate evidence for something.

One would HAVE to be extremely gullible in order to believe something that is so mathematically impossible that the odds of it happening are beyond calculation.

If the odds are greater than 0, then it isn't mathematically impossible. Your sentence above is contradictory. Heck given a large enough universe and enough time, there could (according to probability) be an entire other Milky Way galaxy out there with some humans on the planet having the same conversation we are. This is statistically inevitable since the fact that we are here proves that the odds of these things are greater than 0. You should go restudy statistics and probability, apparently you've failed to grasp how it works as limits go to infinity.

I removed your irrelevant quote mines that have no baring on the debate. People's opinions on evolution are irrelevant, you really should stop posting quotes from various people saying they don't believe evolution or whatever. All that matters is the evidence. That. is. all.
edit on 5-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Murgatroid... Murgatroid, no amount of denial is ever going to change the fact that your lineage is billions of years in the making. Evolution has and will continue to forge life on this planet for millions if not billions of years beyond our time here. Without evolution you and I could not survive an ever changing world, indeed life could not adapt and would simply die out.

This video is one of the best at explaining the process in easy to understand terms.

Learn something, Mutate or die.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

And they (and you) are wrong, because they (and you) are operating under a flawed assumption - that evolution is a purely random process.

If you start with a flawed assumption you are likely to make a flawed conclusion as a result.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

And here we go again. It is not a mathematical impossibility.

www.pnas.org...

Clearly, in math, evolution is certainly possible. Where is the objective empirical data that conflicts with evolution? Your quote mines above do not prove anything at all. Give me the data, not people's opinions. You talk about blindly believing something, what exactly are you doing post those quotes, if not putting your faith in their belief system where the odds are extremely lower than the odds of evolution being true.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
IF Oilantaytambo dates back to at least 12,000 yrs. And
as we don't even understand in this day of technology
how the mountainside was carved of blocks. I think we can
easily ( more than many would like to ) assess that these
blocks were carved out of this mountainside, before the flood.

The flood that sheared of the top of the rock hillside. Whereby
the rest of the two rectangular block chasms were once intact.
And the machinery that carved those squares in granite was
obviously lost to the flood. Bye Bye evolution. Hello every
truth that is the Bible.

Seriously? The bible is a book. Blind faith is ignorance at the highest level. Half the trouble in this world is caused by a lack of critical thinking.
To take a book written by man (when they still thought the world was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth) and to believe that book is the word of god or to that effect is tantamount to insanity..
Just spare a little time think about that. How can anyone with intelligence actually switch of said intelligence when it comes to religion?.

Please..

Im not surprised the world is so screwed up when this kind ignorance is celebrated by so many.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
these where always some of my fave pics for the "just how the hell did they do this?" pile.

There are videos of people making drill holes in rock with just wood and string, but the cuts on some of these stone faces are just incredible even by todays standards.

If they did do it all with wood string copper and other trinkets id like to know!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalResonance

In The Written Word it tells us the earth is round:
Job 26:7
Isaiah 40:21-22

Man puts his faith in the flesh. Thereby saying the world is flat, 1000's of years after God told man it is not.

On the other hand, I cannot debate with people who don't believe in The Living Word.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KaelemJames

The Earth hangs upon nothing? The circle of the Earth? - your conclusion seems to be nothing more than a post hoc rationalisation.

If I think I am on a flat plane (ie not a spheroid) and light follows it's normal pattern, then say I do a 360 degrees panorama - I am still going to report that the bounds of my vision are a circle, regardless of the actual 3 dimensional properties making up that plane.

Careful, if you reach any further you will topple over..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

That is if you (man) are standing on a flat plane.

The Word was given by God, not man. You looking at it from a "fleshly" perspective, not a spiritual one.

One cannot gain knowledge from The Written Word if you don't have Spiritual guidance. Open the eyes of your heart (i.e. your spirit) and let your heart tell your mind what to do. The flesh will destroy a man.

A strong spirit & a sober mind will open your eyes. Unfortunately we have the flesh telling the mind (soul) what to do. And, we stay blind and deaf.

I don't topple. He who's in me is stronger than he who's in the world.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Where does the Bible or any religious text claim the Earth was flat and the Sun orbited the Earth?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KaelemJames

I'm with you...

Taking advice about religion from someone who doesn't have spiritual insight is like believing a bullet through the head will make you live forever. If people are obsessed with the things in this world, they cannot be spiritually motivated let alone have spiritual insight.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Where does the Bible or any religious text claim the Earth was flat and the Sun orbited the Earth?

Next to that one part where it says priests can have sex with little boys.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Taking advice about religion from someone who doesn't have spiritual insight is like believing a bullet through the head will make you live forever. If people are obsessed with the things in this world, they cannot be spiritually motivated let alone have spiritual insight.

So then why do so many bible thumpers attack evolution? Listening to somebody talk about science who doesn't know squat about it and constantly attacks it, is like believing you can breathe under water for 20 minutes. I don't ask scientists for religious advice, just like I don't ask a religious person for science information. But yet so many religious folk take the bait, hook line and sinker when people preach about the evil science and how it's the devil's work.

Do you or anybody else believe that Jesus would have attacked science and spread lies about it to gain followers? Of course not. He'd be hanging out with the scientists trying to find out where they are coming from. It's called empathy and it's one of the primary themes in the gospels of Jesus. It's the golden rule. Do unto others... judge not....walk a mile in my shoes... love your enemy... etc. Jesus didn't attack what he didn't agree with, he merely tried to help people understand god and his "word". Attacking a field of science only creates polar opposites and makes people think poorly of creationists, plus it's intellectually dishonest. It is the wrong way to gain followers.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

This proves nothing, and disproves nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Why would an all seeing, all knowing supreme being express such important knowledge in such vague terms open to various interpretations and requiring "spiritual insight" (an amazingly subjective quality open to personal bias) ? Why would his message not be unequivocal, and open to all?

You could make these same arguments about any subjective text. People who do not see enlightenment in the I-Ching - or for that matter in the Greater London Phone Directory ? - they obviously just do not possess the correct "spiritual insight"..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

"Joshua Chapter 10: 12-13 KJV

12Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.

13And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

So, according to god's word, the sun stood still, not the earth"?

answers.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0LEV09kJpdTpEgA6fhXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'ByMG04Z2o2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?qid=20110225004 317AAKCrIJ

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

"Joshua Chapter 10: 12-13 KJV

12Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.

13And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

So, according to god's word, the sun stood still, not the earth"?

answers.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0LEV09kJpdTpEgA6fhXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'ByMG04Z2o2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?qid=20110225004 317AAKCrIJ

Where does it say the Sun orbits the Earth? The Sun stood still, what's that have to do with orbiting our planet instead of the other way around? That doesn't prove anything... It could mean anything though.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

But yet so many religious folk take the bait hook line and sinker when people preach about the evil science and how it's the devil's work.

Evolution is a religion based upon faith and assumptions that have NOTHING to do with Science.

It is believed TOTALLY by blind faith.

The only difference is that unlike Christianity, evolution is a blind faith - which is is COMPLETELY contradicted by evidence and science...

So WHO is the one taking the bait now?

It takes MORE faith to believe in the absurdities of evolution than it does to believe in creation and ID.

Evolution IS in fact an organized religion regardless of WHAT anyone wants to call it.

Who made the following predition: “Like the Marxists, the Darwinists are going to wind up as a cult in which few believe this side of Berkeley and Harvard Square.” Phil Johnson did over a decade ago. But these actual words are Pat Buchanan’s and were published today.

There are other questions Darwinists need to answer. If believing that Christ raised people from the dead is a matter of faith — and it is — is not the Darwinist claim that nature created life out of non-life a matter of faith? If it is science, why can’t scientists replicate it in microcosm in a laboratory?

Clearly, a continued belief in the absolute truth of Darwinist evolution is but an act of faith that fulfills a psychological need of folks who have rejected God. That picture on the wall of the science class of apes on four legs, then apes on two legs, then homo erectus walking upright is as much an expression of faith as the picture of Adam and Eve and the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Darwinism — “A cult in which few believe this side of Berkeley and Harvard Square”

With respect to its great contributions to society, I think it is important to make a case that science is really affecting society more like a religion now than a field of study or a resource base of useful information. Many everyday people do not understand it at all and accept ALL its teachings on faith. Unfortunately some scientists and academic professionals are not so noble and have perpetrated deliberate frauds and cover-ups of important discoveries.

Modern Scientific beliefs are based upon a leap of faith in the big bang theory. It has become a belief system based on faith and therefore another form of religion. Scientists, like priests can explain their beliefs but the everyday people accept it all on faith. Scientists and doctors are the priests of this new religion, getting angry and crying "heresy" when anyone respectfully disagrees with them.

Has Science become a Religion

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

"(Darwinism is) nothing but a kind of cult, a cult religion....It has no scientific validity whatsoever. Darwin's so-called theory of evolution is based on absurdly irrational propositions, which did not come from scientific observations, but were artificially introduced from the outside, for political-ideological reasons."

Toward a True Science of Life

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join