It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation American Spring falls flat: ‘This is very disappointing,’ Texan says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hah, why would it succeed? To get people's attention you need to curtail their "bread and circuses". No beer, no fast food, no TV entertainment, and no internet. The only way you do that is by some sort of disaster, but then people will be too worried about that to go and protest. And none of the big businesses involved in the "bread and circus" industry would ever assist in letting that happen by shutting down.

So, it ain't going to happen. Use your logic folks.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
So you can whine all you want about generalizations.

No whining here....chuckling perhaps, but no whining

Oh because it's so funny that a leftist billionaire by the name of Soros can have that much financial, social, political, and media power over America, while the grassroots Patriot movement for Liberty suffers.
Why am I not surprised....

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
Ah leftist billionaire, oops should've checked first.

...power is power left or right, but until or unless people are prepared to do more than 'like' or 'share' online then nothing will change.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Just out of abject curiosity, where exactly were you going with this thread? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Ah leftist billionaire, oops should've checked first.

...power is power left or right, but until or unless people are prepared to do more than 'like' or 'share' online then nothing will change.

OAS is only on day 2 yet, and Alex Jones has yet to report what he finds on the ground, so save the gloating for later. And don't forget the power of social media in the Arab Spring ie facebook and Twitter.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think it is time a dose of reality set in for all revolutionaries, especially in the West, because they won't ever be a revolution for the noble principles we cherish in mind, but not enough in body. All the abstract ideologies that we turn to when we feel our lifestyles threatened by state, have no power at all. We believe them to be enshrined in law, they are not. We think they protect us, they don't. They are simply self-delusions that matter little to corporate statehood.

Politicians parrot out these ideological abstractions to the public to provide the illusion they are on the same side as their constituents. Indeed, your co-workers may agree whole-heartedly on the same principles you try to live by over lunch; they may well say they believe in 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness', but would they fight to maintain it? The answer is no, they would not. They are not willing to put their life and lifestyle on the line to uphold them. They are not on their own. I am no longer prepared to protest, to fight, or do whatever it takes, because deep down in my gut, I know, the cherishing of noble principles is over, and I can see no means of persuading others to conjoin with the mindset I truly once cherished. The world has become plutocratic, and that is how power and control is wielded today by those in the exclusive plutocratic club. Wealth, not the sceptre, is the badge of power now.

I don't doubt that many would disagree with me. By all means, do so. I have no optimism left, just a fatalistic outlook that our species is slowly winding its way down. As a civilisation, we have peaked and reached our zenith many centuries ago, and now we are slowly moulting off our humanity.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't think Americans have the time for that stuff when they have to pay for bills etc...

Then the 'lower classes' as it were would be too busy sending each other dick pics and getting drunk.

The upper classes probably just laugh at this stuff over cocktail weenies

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

It is easy to feel that things are hopeless. But look at the original American Revolution, how George Washington pleaded with Congress to get shoes for his soldiers in the middle of winter. It took only 2 centuries for the evil to ruin the American dream my ancestor fought to accomplish. Why would anyone imagine that Patriots in the new Millenium would have any less of a challenge?
How about the Scots when they fought the British in the Battle of Stirling, at Bannuckburn, at Falkirk, despite overwhelming odds and losses

en.wikipedia.org...

(also some of my ancestors in the Ross family clan indeed likely fought in some of those battles)

edit on 17-5-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Indeed they do www.ibtimes.com...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Twitter from Ari Zed (no, I haven’t heard of him either) that seems apropos:

BREAKING NEWS: 29,999,990 free-trade Christian patriots mysteriously raptured prior to #OperationAmericanSpring

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Oh because it's so funny that a leftist billionaire by the name of Soros can have that much financial, social, political, and media power over America, while the grassroots Patriot movement for Liberty suffers. Why am I not surprised....

WTF are you talking about??? That's the silliest thing I've read on this thread yet, and there is a lot of silliness here.

The Koch Brothers alone spend more to buy any given state than Soros donates across the entire country. And Faux News blasts their excrement into your cerebral cortex 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Deny Ignorance - think about what you are posting BEFORE you post it.

edit on 17/5/2014 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
ThirdEyeofHorus:

It is easy to feel that things are hopeless.

I don't feel 'hopeless', just realistically resigned to the fact that people don't believe in the noble principles that led to the creation of societies and nations. The American War of Independence was an entirely different affair and need to what is required today. Persuasion is the challenge once again, just as it was when Washington was seeking to rouse the Colonials into accepting their need to break away from Britain. Today, the persuasion is to get the American population to 'give a damn' about the state of America and to see the 'enemy within'.

The Englishman Thomas Paine wrote 'Common Sense' (along with other pamphlets) and argued the colonial case for them, and how, through reason, the argument was in their favour. Many colonials took heed of his words, whilst many did not, but Paine's persuasion won the day for Washington's cause, and the war for independence was fought and eventually won...America was born, and the reason for its birth, the noble principles were enshrined in the Constitution written to give all men equal status of opportunity. That is what it states in theory and abstraction, but taking many many decades to be put into actual practice, and even today, is not fully agreed with.

The Constitution today is a diluted form of when it was first drafted, and it has also been re-interpreted for the benefit of government at both state and federal levels.

Once you have succeeded in the first challenge of persuasion, the 'real' cause kicks in, and that is to do away with corporate plutocracy that has taken over your country, just as it has taken over most western countries. All the western governments are singing from the same corporate plutocratic song sheet, which is why they are corrupt and riddled with bias for their own favour. Citizens are considered nothing more than 'worker bees' (Drones) fulfilling the plutocratic hive's agenda by default.

There are only two ways the people are going to re-gain the country back to the noble principles they want to see in society, and that is a) peaceful and long-term civil disobedience; or, b) violent revolution. The former will take far longer and be destructive, but will achieve its aims as long as the people can be persuaded to remain committed to the cause, and to be utterly uncompromising to it. The latter will be very destructive, offering no guarantee of success and probably lead to the irrevocable downfall of the country as a whole.

The people know what they need to do, but they need persuading to actually do it, but first they have got to give a damn and overcome their apathetic inertia. I just can't see that happening. We could both give viable instances from the history books when required revolution took place, but none mean that the required revolution will take place today...the mindset is wholly different and very insular!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

If I'm to understand this movement's goal correctly, it is to remove the current government, and install their own. Not by a public vote, either.

That is correct - also they are actually not interested in the public vote - this is just a few ratbags who want to kick out some people the public voted for and set their own choices into positions of power. Just a coup, followed by a dictatorship.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=17930212]Southern Guardian[>>>>/post]>>>> I think this was over hyped by the left in saying the attendance was going to be so high just so they could then say it was a major failure. The fact is, this was never publicized and never seem to be really organized. It was on nobody's radar. A real event would have gotten more publicity and media attention from the major conservative players.
So a small group planned a demonstration and nobody showed up. It happens to both parties. A global warming event some months ago was ignored for the same reason. Nobody really cared and nobody knew it was even taking place.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68

Honestly I think this was all just something organized by a few people and made to sound huge to get a lot of attention.

Well put and in case you hadn't noticed, your statement pretty much describes in totality, the "Modus Operandi" of the modern day conservative movement here in America. It's what they do! As a matter of fact, it's pretty much all they do.

From Acorn to ObamaCare to the Birther movement to Fast & Furious to Benghazi to the B.S., IRS "scandal" to the Bundy Ranch debacle.

All fabricated and blown completely out of proportion, for the sole purpose of mis-directing the attention of their base, in hopes that they won't notice what a bunch of lunatics are currently representing their side of the isle in D.C. and Republican controlled state houses across this nation.

ETA; Oh yeah, how could I forget their most recent attempt at distracting their own base; I give you Karl Rove's "Braingate" scandal.

edit on 18-5-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
People are not ready yet when they cant get there savings out of the bank then they will go

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: [post=17930212]Southern Guardian[>>>>/post]>>>> I think this was over hyped by the left in saying the attendance was going to be so high just so they could then say it was a major failure.

Actually it was the organisers who claimed that they would get the huge numbers.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I LOL at anyone who thinks this is real. It's just a smear vid to make rednecks/patriots, gun owners,- look stupid. Let'em keep thinking that. This is how they work; These false flags, these false vid's, trying to stereotype anyone who has a different opinion. News medias and Hollyweird have done it for years. Just sit back and watch how they work.

I also think that most people won't show at a sign-holding event. When most of these types of people gather it will be for one reason. War. Most people won't waste their time with an event like this because it will solve nothing. Had any of these people issued arrest warrants, along with tactics, -they might've had a different turn out. Actions speak louder than words or signs.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There was a bunch of people ready to go but the free ride free room and board never materialized. That's how Jesse get's his people mobilized.

Gots to be free stuff that's what all the protesting types wants

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Haha, I'd forgotten about that thread!
It was less of a 'topic' and more a personal statement after a rash of 'freeman on the land' and 'The International Common Law Court of Justice' threads were closed with warnings not to discuss it again.
I didn't mention the 'offending' subject matter but wanted to rub it in the face of 'freeman' supporters that they have never won a legal case and they should consider admitting defeat.

...very similar to the 'American Spring' silliness which has obviously failed as well lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join