It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GW Bush: Our National Embarrasment Continues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Clinton should have stuck his foot out and let Bush trip over it
and fall on his face, "accidently", of course. Now THAT would
have been funny.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I don't see a good discourse as to why the Gaurdian is not on par with "CNN", I just see some disgruntled Bush supporters trying to cough up some remorse by blaming it on bad reporting postulate.

The picture speaks volumes: like a little kid trying to get in front of the line to recieve his lollypop.

Deep

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
* Beep Beep Beep* This just in! President Bush does not want to sit in a room full of men who congradulate each other on peace talks that went absolutly no where. Instead he is more prone to hang around people who take action rather gawk at what needs to be done, Clinton never had it in him to unseat Suddam. * Beep Beep Beep*

I wouldn't want to stay in that room of company for very long, could you imagine the smell of so many stinkin' liberal rats?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
* Beep Beep Beep* This just in! President Bush does not want to sit in a room full of men who congradulate each other on peace talks that went absolutly no where.

Yes...God forbid peace talks...

Bush has more people to kill...and more tax dollars to spend on "liberating Iraq"!

[edit on 11/29/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Originally posted by Frosty
* Beep Beep Beep* This just in! President Bush does not want to sit in a room full of men who congradulate each other on peace talks that went absolutly no where.

Yes...God forbid peace talks...

Bush has more people to kill...and more tax dollars to spend on "liberating Iraq"!

[edit on 11/29/2004 by Lecky]

So what came about these peace talks? Any peace?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Does any other members here have a river of tears around there feet?

Give it up why don't you?

kix

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Since that bozo is not my prez, and I dont give a rats a$$ about his policies or phsyque. I just entertain myself with all his goofiness and lack of maners (did I mention he cant speak or read?)
well, good thing he was zipped up this time.... could have been worse MUCH worse...!

Good one Bout time.....

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice that they were leaving the building?

Have any of you seen the picture that this was photoshopped from?

In the real picture, Bush is about 10 feet ahead and 5 feet to clintons right.... That image was cropped, then Bush was added.....

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ok, so aside from this source being, "not being a mainstream source"
We can slide on this one...

But to so dearly hold ONE reporters OPINION on what was going on is desperate...how does he know that clinton and Bush didnt privatly agree to enter together at the last minute?

How does he know what the Presidents itinerary was for that day and if he had a limited time for pomp and circumstance instead of actual affairs of state?

even IF Bush's departure was a "snub", diplomacy if often rife with subtle nuances of a similar nature. Its part and parcel of diplomacy in fact.
Like others have NEVER snubbed us in similar fashion...Big Deal.

Something in this thread reeks like something i just flushed.

Oh yeah, i forgot to bash Bush in blind anti Bush zeal...quick dredge up something PETTY to bash Bush with....

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Ok, so aside from this source being, "not being a mainstream source"
We can slide on this one...

Bush will be brough to task for all his actions and inactions, not just his dearth of statesmanship and leadership skills.

Can you please explain what you mean about mainstream sources, and what the Guardian is?

Also - whomever said the photo is shopped - please show the "original" or stop the pathetic disinfo.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with the source. The Guardian is a mainstream paper and a well done one at that. Check out the awards it's won this year alone. Yes, it leans to the left but that's pretty much the sole reason why some don't like it.

For what it matters though, the core of the story is old news. Bush acting like a spoilt child again? I'd never have guessed.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by kegs]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The Sun has won many awards also, it does not mean it is a reputable news source...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

The Sun has won many awards also

Lol, really? Got a link? I'd love to see how the Sun's awards for 2004 from reputable agencies compare to the Guardian, or any broadsheet for that matter.

If you don't like their coverage that's up to you. I don't like the coverage of the Daily Mail or the Telegraph but I don't try to pretend they're not legitimate newspapers.

Anyway, this thread isn't about the Guardian.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott"The Guardian" has the journalistic integrity one notch lower than "Weekly World News." The primary difference between the two is that the latter appeals to the trailer park, while the former appeals to the ivory tower.

You're kdding me, right?

Everyday you find new ways to demonstrate your ignorance.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
We love Grady for that....

He's almost "watercooler" talk anymore.

(I just like saying his name)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You're too sensitive for this world, my boy. Better toughen up a bit before taking hissy fits over nothing.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott The primary difference between the two is that the latter appeals to the trailer park, while the former appeals to the ivory tower.

Lordy Lordy, there are two for my virtual scrapbook!!

Who would have thunk it!?! A kid from the Bronx, NY, whose closing in on his 4th decade of beating the system called life, who grew up in an age that you either had to run through a neigborhood or fight your way through it to get to your 'turf' because of color or colors,.....who would have thought that I'd get called for having sissy fits AND being Ivory tower in the same conversation!?!?

No, I haven't "caught the Vapors" , Clint, I just have been with the big dogs long enough, by virtue of the sales side to my business career, to know that how one carries themself is a reflection on the station achieved.......and when they're so at odds, it illustrates a "charmed life" assention in the ranks.
I worked for "GW Bush" before - a family company started on great grandfathers ballz & back, which was now run by the we-bought-the-new-library-so-greatgrandson-can-attend-type of boor who expected the world to spread it's cheeks for him at his slightest whim. It was kind of a microcosm of current Republicans too, now that I think about: people who worked there since they were young, now old department heads, refusing to realize what was once great has been tainted by a leader unfit to lead....all because of his family name.
And if I come off as Ivory Tower, it's simply a striving to put forth an economy of words.
But honestly Grady, you don't find the picture & the first hand account by an award winning scribe of the event as it unfolded enough to mometarily abandon your Bush sycophancy and say yes, Georgie wasn't playing nice with others, no 'gold star' for him?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
With all that looms in the airs of future history or the lack there of, this is all you can "whisper" about? A "picture"....complete fantacy from a "rag" writer and "the relm" chimes in....................get a life................

[edit on 30-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There was a nice story about Dubya tagging along when his Dad was visiting the Queen ("THE" queen i.e. the British one) . Well Duby decided to show up in a big Stetson (cowboy hat) and elvis like boots (you know the glizy ones). Here we go:

The last time he dined with the Queen in 1992 at his father's White House, wearing cowboy boots emblazoned with GOD SAVE THE QUEEN he asked if she had any black sheep in her family. "Don't answer that!" his mother Barbara interjected, trying to avoid embarrassment.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
GW is the president these days so I believe he's first in line for the BJ!

Oh yeah and Iraq...the real reason we're there is to kill terrorists!

kix

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Seriously...

This thread for me exemplifies 2 things that are very important. World wise GWB has the appeal of Hitler (if you think I am overreacting just check the facts about protests in countries he visits, even the UK!). Worse even is that he is percieved as an incompetent person who lies to his own people and who changes policies in a whim, to add insult to injury teh bilateral relations between Mexico and the US were almost Nill for a year after the U.N. vote fiasco, the result, the inmigration problem, the transport problem, the vegetables problem and a lot of other bilateral interests were simply ignored, because the US was at "war" (really an invasion). So even if the international policies of the US change for the good in the next 4 years, GWB as a person and symbol will be a bump in the road of the U.S. recovering his former moral, and international respect.

the other problem is that I see just 2 kind of people, those who would condone, endorse and support GWB no matter what (even if he instates a DRAFT) or the others that look at GWB as a problem to americas economy international policies and for the good of the country.

I really feel that just as in Germany in the 40 a lot of people have been brainwashed and they dont EVEN know it!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join