It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Kind of World Do You Want?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue
A Shambala world where we can be freely creative, unchained and loving.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

#no more pessimism

Don't rain on my parade.

Yes, I read your post, but I think we ( most of us) have come to a point in evolution where we are more than just after food to eat, and to survive.
I think we have evolved to the next level, and some of us have come to wonder what this is all about.
I tend to think of Earth as a stepping stone.I came here to learn my lesson,and once I'm done,I can move on, but while I'm here, why should I have to be surrounded by all this darkness and evil?
Some of us have perhaps glimpsed/or remembered a world where things were very different, and we long for that world again,or to start something new, similar to it.

I remember growing up ( 80s), my parents would let my brother and I ride our bikes around the block, without any worry or fear when we were little kids.
Now?
Impossible!
You say it is impossible to create a new world due to our nature. I say, some of us have evolved, and more and more of us are waking up,and realizing that this isn't the way it should be.
I'll stick to my original OP and keep faith in us humans , thank you very much.
Most of us are good folk,and know what is right from wrong.

(I won't delve into the matrix theory, because that would be off topic. )
Thanks for sharing your thoughts,we'll just have to agree to disagree.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY, without a doubt :

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'd want a world where we lived in harmony. self sufficient we all had enough to eat and drink, it was all good for us and we worked the land, and cultivated livestock. a simple life. with better weather than we have in scotland. A world without hate, a world where we would re-connect with spirit and nature. yes we would still experience loss and pain but we would understand and be there for one another on a much deeper level

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: schuyler

#no more pessimism

Don't rain on my parade.

Perhaps I misunderstood our assignment. I thought we were supposed to contemplate what an ideal world would be. That requires us to sketch out how one could arrive at an 'ideal world.' You were not sketching out our own real world, so I did not take my analysis of our own real world as contradicting your ideal one. I was simply showing how I believed our current real world is not an ideal place to create a perfect one, not only because we aren't perfect, but neither is our world. Besides, a university campus with a large library IS my ideal world, which I stated at the beginning. Surely no one takes issue with that! I don't see that as raining on your parade. Wouldn't you like an infinite library in your ideal world? Is that the least bit pessimistic?

Part of my issue with [insert whomever here] is that if "they" wanted us to come down here to Earth an "be good" why did they place us on a planet that is so indifferent to its inhabitants? My only conclusion is that Earth was never meant to be a Garden of Eden. It is quite purposefully a hostile place to us. It's not a playground; it's an obstacle course.

Now if that's true, it puts an entirely different spin on "ideal world." And it brings up the possibility that the weaponry and warfare so abhorrent to many of us may simply be a way to create a state of adventure, for if you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to gain. I'm not saying this is true, nor even advocating it. I AM saying we don't really understand what the real issues are here. I am suggesting, however, that the world as we see it is fake, and that Shakespeare was correct when he stated that all the world was a stage.

For the record, that is not "the matrix" at all, not even a little bit. In The Matrix we were being harvested for our energy. In fact, the Matrix idea is not much different than the cartoon, "Monsters, Incorporated," which harvested the screams of children to power the next world. What, pray tell, is the real difference between the two movies? (Well, Keanu Reeves wasn't Jesus in the latter.) What I am suggesting is that Earth is more like the Eastern traditions of "Earth as a school," reincarnation advancing souls to the next level, etc. Earth is not the final destination.

Part of your issue was to "be careful what you wish for." Well? That's kind of the idea here. When you guys envision this ideal world without starvation or hardship, are you in fact envisioning stagnation? Or are you envisioning the next world? Or both? And by contemplating such a place, do you really want to be there to live your life, or would you prefer simply to be known as an empathetic person because of your expressed desire to go there? Is that the reason to detail such an improbable place, so you can look at it and prove you are a good person? To me the entire exercise is eerily close to calling someone else a hater to prove you are not. Sometimes answers to your questions do not fall in lock step with what you want them to be. You may be an instigator, but not a ruler. That's part of the game.

If you are willing, a great read that more or less explores this issue is Robert Heinlein's "Glory Road." There's a FREE PDF file of it here. Take this journey, and you might understand where I am coming from.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'd like to thank my dear friend Cody in advance for giving me the tip to create this thread.

I was minding my own business at the Avatars Creations thread, when I created an avatar inspired by the song " World" by Five for Fighting.

The 2006 song basically asks the question:
What kind of world do you want?
But also warns: "Be careful what you wish for."
If you had the option to create a new world, what would it be like?

Mine would be the following:
A world without disease
A world without starving
A world without hatred
A world without weapons and wars
A world without leaders
A world without borders
A world without jealousy

Instead people working together,helping each other in achieving their goals, and living peacefully with each other, supporting each other, and always thinking of new ways to better our world.(Be that technologically, spiritually, etc.)

That would be the world I'd love to create if I had the chance.I don't think I'd have to be careful for what I wish for though.
Perhaps my only selfish cause would be to create a tree that grows bacon flavored chocolate donuts...free for all, of course.

So, let it out...
What kind of world do you want?
Don't be shy.

So would your world have sterilization or limits on kids?

Without disease, starvation, wars and most people would live long, long healthy lives. The earth would over populate quickly.

Your view of a utopian world is not very practical really. Everything in the world happens for a reason and it keeps a natural balance of nature.

With most all reasons people die an early death and the birthrate staying the same or growing, where would all the people live, get there food from?

For all it's evil, killing, disease and badness the world is really perfect. Humans just can't see that. They always think of ways to make it "better".

No 2 people's views would be the same anyways. Unless EVERY single person had their own "world" it could be and never will be perfect.

The field of flowers you think is beautiful makes another break out in hives.

The trick is to surround yourself with things you love and care about. make the world around YOU perfect. There's nothing wrong with the way things are now if people quit focusing on the negative things and bitching about everything that's "wrong". There's plenty that's right with the world.

Learning to live in it without changing it is the secret to life on this rock.
edit on 16-5-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I feel we live in a world motivated by greed and ruled through fear.

I wish our world was motivated for the good of the people
and ruled with understanding and wisdom.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

kudos this truely a great thought process as to what we want our future to be. Currently we are in a learning system that revolves around death and overcoming our fear of it. We must keep in mind that creating worlds requires energy flow. So just creating places to dwell in peace becomes stagnite. By no means does that mean that evil or death has to be included but it will require some aspect of benefits for a bored soul to keep them there. Even delving into the food chain creates death so this will require deep thought as to how to survive. Using our current dna creates a problem because we are made of everything around us. Keep in mind that you will need to create light and dark for most process as we have today. If you have a sun then using our same system here requires an avatar for that. All in all the system of death and renewal we have is not so bad when you take into account all the factors. However the suffering aspect of growth will soon be changed here. It was chosen because it is the most common aspect of our existance and would allow more to grow.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Wow

Some very interesting replies.

I'm still thinking on this but my number one is this

1: A world where children are safe, allowed to be kids and let there imaginations run wild.

In my perfect world there would be conflict, competition drives improvement, but wars would be fought in cyberspace, yeah you still get to fight but nobody gets hurt.

I'm still working on that idea.

Population control ? That would require some form of committee to decide on who should breed and how many children they should have......................................Stuff that..............Smacks of elitism.

I guess a world where everybody contributes for the common good and reaps the rewards both for us and the planet would be a pretty cool start.

Cody

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
In my perfect world there would be conflict, competition drives improvement, but wars would be fought in cyberspace, yeah you still get to fight but nobody gets hurt.

Isn't that what the Xbox and Playstations are for?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I guess so

But international conflicts would be played out, like I said I'm still working on the idea.

If memory serves Richard Bach broached the idea in his book One.

A bloody good read by the way

Cody

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Everyone takes this game of life too seriously. When you die you just get to do another level anyway - there is nothing to win and the next level is not a level up, just another dream scene.

Who could want anything more that what there already is? Isn't that the suffering that one does not want. The conflict is not wanting what is given. If one wants peace then one must see and know that what is provided is absolute amazing grace.
The human condition though is to want other that what is, so there is suffering. Which is good because then one also gets to experience suffering and conflict. Animals do not expect what isn't because it is just the human mind that has expectation (desire) and fear of something that isn't actually happening.

If one stays with what is actually happening and does not get deceived by what the mind is talking about one would be at peace and be content. However, the mind speaks about better and more.

That which is being shown is so diverse - it is in constant flux but the mind does not see this - it believes this world is hell and is trying to escape.
Presence (that which is present) is heaven. The mind speaks of that which is not present and leads one away from paradise into hell.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Wars in cyberspace with no real physical injuries?
I like that idea.

I was reading through all the responses, a lot of great ideas here.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Speak for yourself as you should

I don't believe in hell, I am at peace with myself (how many can honestly say that ?) but then there 200 schoolgirls missing in Nigeria it would be nice if crap like that wasn't happening for example.

I'm still thinking on this but my number one is this

1: A world where children are safe, allowed to be kids and let there imaginations run wild.

Cody

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I think we have evolved to the next level, and some of us have come to wonder what this is all about.
I tend to think of Earth as a stepping stone.I came here to learn my lesson,and once I'm done,I can move on, but while I'm here, why should I have to be surrounded by all this darkness and evil?

As you walk through the valley of death you can see and hear the beauty of life.
Wanting something else is what makes life painful.
Open the eyes and ears, be in awe.

The human lives in the mind so is blind to the beauty that is all around.
edit on 17-5-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Great thread RR

Really enjoying this one, I held back on responding until I'd had a thunk.

But safe kids is defiantly top of my list

Cody

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Your world pretty much describes my world too.

Although i'd add in working together to become a multi-world species in our own lifetimes.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I disagree.
Wanting something better motivates us to do better/be better.
I'm not saying,let's reach for the stars and want the impossible, I'm only looking at possible/achievable goals here.

And striving for more does motivate me to do more. And when I do achieve my goals, I always feel like I have accomplished something... good for me, and now let me look at what else I can do.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

That's another good idea!
Thanks for sharing.

a reply to: cody599
Thanks.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I disagree.
Wanting something better motivates us to do better/be better.
The idea of better immediately make 'what is' not good enough.
Are you not good enough? Is life not fulfilling?
Is now not good enough?
Then that is the suffering of seeking - a seeker is born and that is the root of suffering.

And striving for more does motivate me to do more. And when I do achieve my goals, I always feel like I have accomplished something... good for me, and now let me look at what else I can do.

Is feeling good about doing? Or can just being be enough?

Blaise Pascal — 'All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.'
Peace cannot be achieved - no one can 'do' peace.
edit on 17-5-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join