It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SenorPuttPutt
a reply to: FlyersFan

By using that word he did disparage a group of people. Just so I'm clear, you're saying his right to freedom of speech and privacy (in a public setting) trumps the waitresses rights to use her freedom of speech to inform people what he said?

Why clump them all together?

When I'm referring to a piece of white trash I am in no way insulting all whites. When I refer to an ignorant ass redneck I'm not clumping all rednecks together either.

Clumping all blacks together as n*****s?

That's racist.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

The waitress was within her Rights...it's rude to listen to others but not illegal.

The Cop was within his Rights to say what he did.

Let the chips fall where they may...

link   

Would you be defending this racist PoS if he was a democrat?

It certainly calls into question the integrity and honor of those defending calling someone a N***** doesn't it?

edit on 16-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Why clump them all together?

When I'm referring to a piece of white trash I am in no way insulting all whites. When I refer to an ignorant ass redneck I'm not clumping all rednecks together either.

Clumping all blacks together as n*****s?

That's racist.

How about we just avoid using hateful terms that originate solely based on racial prejudices and stereotypes.

Trust me, there are plenty of real reasons to hate people beyond skin color.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Seen the movie and get your point. However, it has nothing to do with this situation.

It has everything to do with what lead us to this point. Generally speaking, changes in societies are gradual unless an artificial external stimulus or agenda is applied. In the past 20 years we have made a massive leap between understanding what constituted actual racism and defining anything a minority (or a majority operating "in the interests of" a minority) finds offensive as being racism. That's not a natural curve of progression. That's my argument here... I don't disagree at all with your assessment of what "today's world" views as acceptable, I merely am arguing that today's world is warped and artificially outraged. Perspective, as I've already said several times, has been thrown aside in favor of histrionics and emotional knee jerking. It makes a world of sense, considering a society with a solid grasp on perspective is more aware and less easily manipulated than a spcoiety which runs on ever shifting imaginary metrics and emotional theatrics.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The waitress is going around repeating conversations she over hears her customers having. That's not exactly a good work ethic for her to have. People expect to be able to be served in a restaurant without the waitress-police repeating their private conversations. I wouldn't be surprised if the business at the restaurant suffers because of this. Who wants to go eat someplace where the wait staff won't mind their own business and just do their job?

Using racially charged slurs in a situation where you may be overheard isn't a very good work ethic for a person in a public office.

He said something offensive load enough to be heard... as a figure to be looked up to and respected by all members of a community... he fails.

Tit for tat there...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

The waitress was within her Rights...it's rude to listen to others but not illegal.

Exactly,

Many people here seem to think that no chips should fall at all.

That the status quo should continue, and his statement should not be for debate.

But thats not how our system works, we have a right to say what we will, and a right to deal with the consequence that come from that as well.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Do you know this Cop ?

How do you know he's a racist ?

Is it even possible to dislike Obama and not be a Racist ?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SenorPuttPutt
By calling him a "Red Neck" you're are trying to drum up certain negative stereotypes about White people, I would say that it would, indeed, make you racist.

WOW. So you'd say that I'd be an anti-white racist because I called one SOB a Red Neck? How on earth does that disparage all white people? I really don't think so ...

I'm still waiting for clarification

This thread is moving fast ... I missed things ...

Are you saying that this mans right to make racist comments in a public settings trumps the waitresses' right to both take offense and inform the public?

- The man has a right to say a negative word about one politician in DC in a private conversation to his friend.
- The waitress shouldn't have been listening in on a private conversation.
- I question if she's even legally allowed to be repeating what she listened in on. Is she? Maybe she is. I really don't know.
- At the very least, customers expect to be able to have conversations with each other without wait staff listening in and blabbing about it.
- His right to privacy in conversation trumps her 'right' to eavesdrop ... IMHO.

Does that answer you?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The waitress is in the wrong.

The waitress did NOTHING wrong.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me
Just to be clear on this...

If the police official was black, this would be okay... Right?

Yeah... I can't keep score anymore...

If the police official was black? Well that might make a good point if the president was white and he called him a racial slur.... But that's not the case so these over used analogy's is getting old.... If you don't know the difference when black people say n*gga than you must be too old to get any of it. And to people who bring up the word used in music, all races say it, its just the context. And this was RACIST against the PRESIDENT of the USA. I say they stone him.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

Exactly,

Many people here seem to think that no chips should fall at all.

That the status quo should continue, and his statement should not be for debate.

But thats not how our system works, we have a right to say what we will, and a right to deal with the consequence that come from that as well.

The one word or the whole statement?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Political trolling? I'm not a republican. And yes, of course I'd defend his right to have a private conversation.

It certainly calls into question the integrity and honor of those defending calling someone a N***** doesn't it?

My integrity and honor are just fine, thank you very much.

Is he a racist? He referred to one politician in Washington by a slur. Did he say ALL black people are that slur? No. One politician one time. Does that make someone a racist? Or does that make someone a person who doesn't like the politician so he called him a bad name?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The waitress did NOTHING wrong.

You are welcome to believe that.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

I'm saying she listened in when it was none of her business to do so. And then she blabbed. That's not part of her job description. Customers expect privacy when eating out.
So you are freely admitting that he said it in public, within earshot of other people, correct?

im quoting this because it absolutely needs clarification in this conversation.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
if the residents of the town decide not to have him as their official - that is within their rights as well.

Sure. They can do what they want. It's just too bad that a person can't have a private conversation and say one word about one DC politician without a busybody waitress listening in and then blabbing it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Do you know this Cop ?

How do you know he's a racist ?

Is it even possible to dislike Obama and not be a Racist ?

I hate obama, I said it.

I think he is a morally repugnant Charlatan,

Whose sole interest is personal gain at the cost of anything, including our freedom and rights.

I view his presidencies as one of the Largest failures of recent history.

I think he is PURPOSEFULLY divisive, that he uses divide and conquer to get what he wants done.

I think that Obama should never had made it to the Ballot as a first term senator who spent his first term trying to get a better job.

I think that Obama's management of the executive branch has been so corrupt and secretive to levels we haven't seen since Nixon.

I can't stand his policies on any level.

AND I am on the opposite side of this issue.

I think the Official is racist, and I think he should face public outcry for his statements.

So am I a Racist?

Probably, I hate everyone equally though, as all humanity seems to be capable of, is proving how self serving and tribal we are.

We hate anything thats not us, some of us fight that instinct, others think its freedom of expression and their right to remain ignorant.

edit on 16-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
if the residents of the town decide not to have him as their official - that is within their rights as well.

Sure. They can do what they want. It's just too bad that a person can't have a private conversation and say one word about one DC politician without a busybody waitress listening in and then blabbing it.
you keep usong that word, busybody, to describe this waitress. Why the need to try and label her with a negative stigma?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

- The waitress shouldn't have been listening in on a private conversation.

Maybe she was handing him his coffee when he said it. What makes you think she was surreptitiously "listening in"? You say the man has the right, but the woman shouldn't have been doing what she did. Fact is, they BOTH had the right to do what they did.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It disparages people because it furthers a stereotype that isn't true. I don't understand how the crux of your argument is freedom of speech, and then you go on to attack the waitress and everyone else for exercising theirs to voice their outrage at the comments made IN PUBLIC. You can keep adding in "private conversation" but IN PUBLIC there is no "private conversation". This comes off more as an argument for "I can say what I want and damn everyone else"
edit on 16-5-2014 by SenorPuttPutt because: typos

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join