It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The waitress shouldn't have been evesdropping.

I would avoid such a reseraunt, perhaps she should be fired.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
The waitress shouldn't have been evesdropping.

I would avoid such a reseraunt, perhaps she should be fired.
do you normally go out and loudly exclaim racial slurs in public places?

If not, youre probably safe.

Btw, she wasnt a waitress.

It amazes me how many people think that being in a place where someone says something loudly enough for people to hear constitutes eavesdropping....

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: missvicky
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree with you and I think the waitress should be fired. I was in a unique position once. I was at work and having a smoke break with two black employees from the same store. They started calling each other the "N" word and I got offended! Should I have reported their racist comments since it was store policy to not indulge in racist behavior? (I didn't because it would have been a circus if I had)

1)It wasnt a waitress. That really needs to be removed from the OP.
2)It was said loudly, in a disparaging way, in a public place.
3)You could have reported what you witnesssed if you wanted.

Sorry, I hadn't read far enough in the thread to find out it wasn't a waitress. Yes I know I could have reported the incident but I preferred not start a three ring circus of a controversy which I had no way of winning.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

There are plenty of things to call him that arent 100% racially based.
Liar.
fraud.
failure.
sellout.
Killer.
The list could go on for days
So tell me, why would one choose that specific term?

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

He probably used a lot of those terms at some point too.

And considering the guy's response, I'm sure he's well aware of the crap Obama's gotten away with. Bringing those issues to light would inspire quite a lot of people to call him the worst names that would pop into their heads, because, as he and many others have said, he fits the bill pretty well now don't he?

EDIT; Also, I'd like to point out that I've said worse things about Obama than that. Should I be fired from my job? Perhaps kicked out of town? I understand he wasn't exactly being tactful, but a lot of people act that way, every day, all over the world. Its only words. They're not spitting bullets at anyone.

edit on Xx70820231AM52 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Man, the bigot apologists just won't let it go, and apparently can't read either.

IT WAS NOT A WAITRESS, BUT A WITNESS. Do you defenders of racists know the difference between the two???

Moreover, it wasn't a private conversation. The old bigot was yelling it at the tv in the restaurant.

news source reporting this story

NEWS FLASH: When you yell something in a public place, IT IS NOT A PRIVATE CONVERSATION.

So the crypto racists who are defending this foul old man haven't a leg to stand on, but that won't stop them from continuing to post their ignorant comments.

WIsh I could give more than two thumbs down to all the crypto-racist bigot defenders, alas I have but two hands.

You spewers of excuses for blatant racism and unrepentant racists, why don't you go to KKK.com or some other similar site, and stop fouling the pages of this website for us decent folk.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

i had no clue he used the f word on top of using the n word. sheesh. you need to calm down too, though, as you are eeking slowly towards the same area - anger over racial differences leads to worse problems not less.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Edit: Never mind.
edit on 18/5/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

what was it? now i'm so curious!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Lived in new Hampshire till 2012 , there are like 30 blacks in the
whole state lol
So when it comes down to it nobody cares , what he said

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

i had no clue he used the f word on top of using the n word. sheesh. you need to calm down too, though, as you are eeking slowly towards the same area - anger over racial differences leads to worse problems not less.

I'm plenty calm. I was using capital letters in the hopes that the yehoos defending this guy and/or attacking the person who called him on his repugnant remarks might read what I wrote and finally shut their pieholes.

What exactly did I write that is eeking slowly towards racism? People defending racism and racists -- and doing so ingenuously and/or through blithering ignorance -- are no better than KKK members. Frankly I am really sick and tired of all the obviously racist folk spewing their ignorant garbage on this site. I'm not angry over racial differences; I am angry at people who have no shame and proudly defend repugnant people who spew racial hate. Something wrong with that?
edit on 18-5-2014 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

well you're mad at what you see as racism (some just think he's angry at the president, but i agree it was a racially loaded statement). this causes racists of both stripes to get even more incensed -- not at you, but at their perceived detractors from whatever side they dislike. so it cycles on itself like a vicious circle. nothing ever heals and instead gets worse. i don't blame you for being frustrated, however, i just don't see how harping on this guy's bad choice of words is going to heal things.
edit on 18-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive
Man, the bigot apologists just won't let it go, and apparently can't read either.

IT WAS NOT A WAITRESS, BUT A WITNESS. Do you defenders of racists know the difference between the two???

Moreover, it wasn't a private conversation. The old bigot was yelling it at the tv in the restaurant.

news source reporting this story

NEWS FLASH: When you yell something in a public place, IT IS NOT A PRIVATE CONVERSATION.

So the crypto racists who are defending this foul old man haven't a leg to stand on, but that won't stop them from continuing to post their ignorant comments.

WIsh I could give more than two thumbs down to all the crypto-racist bigot defenders, alas I have but two hands.

You spewers of excuses for blatant racism and unrepentant racists, why don't you go to KKK.com or some other similar site, and stop fouling the pages of this website for us decent folk.

Crypto racist? What on earth is a crypto racist? What does crypto mean? Off to find out. Oh found it on Wiki which I used because everything else appeared to be flaming against white racists. Oh I guess that if you add "crypto" to something then you get to accuse someone of being a racist at a deeper level than normal conversation would allow. Who is it that gets to determine whether or not someone is a "crypto" anything? The "victim"? The "accused"? Or the third or fourth or 97th generation of hearsay?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: missvicky

"Crypto racist"

I don't know about crypto racists but did you never watch "The Young Ones". If memory serves, Rick, had a particular disdain for Crypto Fascists, he called Vivian it often enough.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

That funny because white people were also slaves. The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves

White people were also slaves long before black people were. Concubinage and Slavery in the Viking Age

The Romans used Greeks, Berbers, Germans, Britons, Slavs, Thracians, Gauls (or Celts), Jews and Arabs as slaves also... note these are all white people except for the Berbers, Arabs and Jews who were a little tanner. en.wikipedia.org...

Lets face it, slavery was a world problem, and not something only the blacks were subject to. It was also something the blacks were complicit in

Their African guide admits that “this history is difficult to tell and hard to believe” but pulls no punches about African complicity in kidnapping and selling millions of African people: “All the tribes were involved in the slave trade—no exemptions.” The African-Americans were staggered: “So we really can’t blame the Europeans,” one declares, “We sold our own. It takes two.” Another visitor declares, “That’s right—money and greed.” - See more at: hnn.us...

So what happens when we say all of us were once slaves and all of us were complicit in the slave trade? I think we should start saying lets change the future - and quit playing the race card.

edit on 18-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: missvicky

"Crypto racist"

I don't know about crypto racists but did you never watch "The Young Ones". If memory serves, Rick, had a particular disdain for Crypto Fascists, he called Vivian it often enough.

www.youtube.com...

lol omygosh that is soo silly but in a good way.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

The n-word refers to the lowest, laziest, meanest, vicious, most likely to lie, cheat, scheme and live off the fruits of anothers labor sort of black people.

It is a subset of black people as a whole. Like it or not when used to describe a subset the word is not racist. Besides it is only racist when white men use the word and that in itself is racist.

IMO- yes the family living at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue more than fits the definition of the word, and they have an extra bit if repulsive slime that defies description

Perhaps we should, instead of using the N word use the word OBAMA.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The n-word refers to the lowest, laziest, meanest, vicious, most likely to lie, cheat, scheme and live off the fruits of anothers labor sort of black people.

It is a subset of black people as a whole. Like it or not when used to describe a subset the word is not racist. Besides it is only racist when white men use the word and that in itself is racist.

IMO- yes the family living at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue more than fits the definition of the word, and they have an extra bit if repulsive slime that defies description

This has to be one of the most unpleasant comments I've read here for some time. Non-congratulations.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Hey, at least you don't beat around the bush like a lot of posters and came right out and said you are a racist. This site allowing this garbage is going down the tubes.

CJ

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

What does any of that have to do with an American Police Commissioner using a term that was applied to an entire people that were defined as sub-human animals, incapable of critical thought or morality, here in America?

This isn't about the history of slavery. You people have been twisting yourselves into a logical pretzel trying to justify the use of the term "#ing #ger" as if it's not a racist term because "there were slaves" other places, and "the Bible promoted slavery." BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Basically, this guy Copeland, by using that slur is saying that Pres. Obama, based on of the color of his skin, is a stupid animal incapable of critical thought or morality. This is racist bigotry and there's no way around it.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

All other issues aside, you have misrepresented your own source material:

Firstly, by stating that a waitress reported the slur, which is clearly not true from your own source and then leads to other posters here calling into question issues of privacy relating to staff who serve a customer, and the professionalism of the non-existent waitress. This waitress meme that you have erroneously introduced then derails the whole discussion, because ofc many ATS readers do not check the source but simply parrot the OP.

You also state that the conversation was private, where as once again your own lone source refutes this.

Did you just pull this information out of thin air or is there another source that you have not shared in your OP?

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join