It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That has everything to do with the "Private Company".. The restaurant; and NOTHING to do with the law or constitutional issues

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston
What is said in private is exactly that, private. If we want to reverse the roles here, take a look at rap music or some interviews by some black celebrities that are PUBLIC. They don't even hide the slurs and hate for whites. Besides, it is clear Obama is racist towards "typical white people" so he shouldn't mind someone returning the talk. The PC double standard needs to stop.
Firepiston

Rappers and such hold a completely different position in society. As 'artists' they not only entertain, but push the moral envelope of their time. Art by it's very nature is controversial. Art should make you think about and question your morals/ethics - not reinforce it.

Whereas,

People in authority positions (that we often put their) need to project the best qualities of society and model them for the rest of us in order to have any moral authority whatsoever.

An inaccuate and misleading analogy.

link   
a reply to: kruphix

Exactly the right are the only people in the world who never see their own contradictions.

They say one thing for one person/color, but will look the other way for certain people.

Example..the right to do whatever they want, say whatever they want.should never be up for argument...then in the next sentence talk about how a black man said this or that and should be held responsible or stopped and frisked for no reason is OK. A Mexican can be stopped and asked for his/her papers and it is OK for them. And we all know how they feel about gays and women rights
Show it happening to anyone else other than a colored person/ gay person..then it is wrong and we should all know this.

They just do not see it..the hypocrisy I mean.

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: intrepid
a private conversation is in private. Not at a public table.

Not even a private table in a public restaurant? A table where privacy is assumed? So no one can have a real 'private' conversation unless they are in their own home alone talking to themselves?

A private conversation is where what you say is only heard by the people you expect to hear it. Sitting in any restaurant, I can clearly hear about 5 other conversations around me...it is far from private.

Just because you don't intend for someone to hear what you are saying doesn't mean you can claim "that was private, you can't repeat it" or "that was private, erase it from your mind". If you say something out in PUBLIC...such as a PUBLIC restaurant...it is not a private conversation.

But even if it was "private"...what if the person he was talking to decided to go to the local newspaper and tell them about the conversation? It doesn't matter, people still have the right to react and "privacy" doesn't make you immune to consequences.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Not surprised at all you're the one making the post and not surprised at all you would use quotations to write racist even being from a mixed race family as you claim.

- Does he have a right to his private conversation?
Yes he does but since when is a restaurant the hub of privacy?

- Is the waitress correct in making a formal complaint or should she mind her own business?
You love filing complaints yourself - why should this waitress have kept something tat offended her silent if she is serving them or if this is in her place of employment and it makes her uncomfortable?

- The man is sticking to his opinion and refuses to apologize about using the 'N' word in his private conversation. Should he be forced to resign for doing that?
Minorities are people too and i'm sure he has minority officers working under him at the department - if this is his line of thinking it stands to reason some officers may have been over looked for promotions or raises based on their color.

- Now that the town knows he's a racist, should he be forced to resign because he may not be able to effectively do his job? His job entails hiring, firing, discipling and job salaries of officers. There have been no complaints of this mans conduct on the job (that I could find).
Why would there be complaints if this is something he has done in private and hid it very well up to now.
As I stated above - no he can't hold his position now. I doubt many white people would trust Farrakhan delivering their child.

- In the case of the racist Clippers owner, the conversation was recorded (either secretly or with his permission, we don't know for sure) on tape, but in this case the waitress over heard a private conversation and then complained about the contents of that private conversation. Should SHE be fired for not minding her own business, or for slander, or that kind of thing?
It was her place of employment and all establishments hold the right to serve whom they chose to. The comments he made, made her uncomfortable in her place of employment. If it were a police station and comments were made that made officers feel uncomfortable it would probably land the person that made any such comments behind bars on hold as consequence for those words.

New Hampshire population broken down by race.

White: 1,236,050 (93.89%, #4)
Black: 15,035 (1.14%, #46)
Hispanic: 36,704 (2.79%, #45)
Asian: 28,407 (2.16%, #28)
Native (American Indian, Alaska Native, Hawaiian Native, etc.): 3,534 (0.27%, #48)
One Race, Other: 12,062 (0.92%, see rank)
Two or More Races:
edit on 16-5-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: added race percentage.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is why the mob liked to own its own eateries. I wouldn't doubt snooping waitstaff.
edit on 5/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just to be clear, the "N" word ends with -azi, right? Thats about what I think of him as well.

link   
Racism will end when all the Racist die. Not one second sooner.

If you think you are going to change their mind....You are not realistic.

It's Folly. All you can control is what comes out of your own mouth.

So all these people making this charge to end racism...good luck.

I just not willing to participate in crucifying everyone that utters a racial slur.

link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
In an ideal world every cop with any bias or prejudice would be fired.

Unfortunately most people are still ignoring the reality which is that these feelings are actively sought for and encouraged in police work:

distrustful of outsiders
cynical
conservative (not necessarily politically, but rather resistant to change)
suspicious
pessimistic
pragmatic
prejudicial
and holding other widely-shared attitudes about and beyond the mainstream view. (ref. 7 & 8)
...with a good policeman suspecting evil wherever he goes.
Officer.com

Waiting for them to slip up and express their prejudice is the mistake. Their own sources and internal studies show they are all prejudice and paranoid.

Excellent - in short they should exemplify the status quo.

Artists - should question the status quo at every turn.

One pole pulling us into the past the orhter into the future and OUR JOB is to balance the two in today.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Exactly the right are the only people in the world who never see their own contradictions.

They say one thing for one person/color, but will look the other way for certain people.

WOW talk about hyperbole. The right are the ONLY people in the world who can't see their contradictions... Does that mean that the people on the left CAN see their contradictions? Or are you honestly trying to insinuate that the left doesn't ever contradict themselves?

Example..the right to do whatever they want, say whatever they want.should never be up for argument...then in the next sentence talk about how a black man said this or that and should be held responsible or stopped and frisked for no reason is OK. A Mexican can be stopped and asked for his/her papers and it is OK for them. And we all know how they feel about gays and women rights
Show it happening to anyone else other than a colored person/ gay person..then it is wrong and we should all know this.

You know if being Republican or right leaning was a race this whole paragraph would be considered racist for massive generalizations about a group of people. And you just got done saying that only the right can't see their contradictions. tsk tsk.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
How in the hell is a private conversation being had by a police commissioner for a town of 6000 people national news?

That's right, it's not. But every little bit helps I suppose.

Obama has never said or done anything racist ?

He was quick to say "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon", but he kept silent when Christopher Lane was shot down. Why would that be? It didn't help the agenda. He publicly wept for Whitney but not a peep for Chris Kyle. Be honest with yourselves people.

Nobody's hands are clean even if we like to think they are.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Ok so, I dare say you consider the current POTUS a Leftist. How many EO's has he signed in 6 years. So, to say the right does whatever it wants is painting the left as hypocrites. DI man DI...

923 in 40 months...
edit on 16-5-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: to educate

edit on 16-5-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: grammer

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Now that the town knows he's a racist

They know he's a racist? Did I miss something here? I thought this was all about the use of a single word?

Actions speak a lot louder than words, y'know? Dropping "slurs" doesn't make you a racist, it just means you have some issues with tact and a personal lack of decorum (neither of which are illegal and both of which run rampant in society, manifesting themselves on many, many ways.)

This crap that gets called "racism" today is some wierd Kabuki theater version of racism. Highly stylized, highly subjective. We've apparently lost the abillity or common sense as a society to differentiate between "offensive" and "racist."

I see a cop who holds an unpopular opinion. Whoopity-damn-doo! Most people hold at least one or two, but then I suppose in some circles pointing out the hypocrisy of the average modern American is also some form of "racism", so I should probably tread lightly there. :rolleyes: #KennyPowersHandGesture

What is your requirement to know someone is a racist?

Someone who is willing to call people the "N" word out in public is enough for me.

It's not like this man doesn't understand what that word means, what it means in today's society, or that he mistakenly said it. He seems pretty proud of the fact that he said it...he doesn't deny he said it and won't apologize for saying it.

Excusing racism is just as bad as racist themselves.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: freetheuniverse
Did Obama ever apologize for screwing us over time after time?

Did Bush?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The N word doesn`t always come from mouths of racists.

Even I have used the word before because there`s a world of difference between the majority of respectable black men and N***ers. And the word is derived from slavery in the first place and if Obama isn`t a political puppet, I don`t know what he is.
edit on 16-5-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Someone who is willing to call people the "N" word out in public is enough for me. 

He didn't call anyone anything. He referred to them.

+3 more 
posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

As an elected official he has to represent all his constituents. That includes not offending Blacks. It doesn't matter how well he does his job, anything that is offensive to the people he's supposed to look out for is grounds for dismissal. Btw, a private conversation is in private. Not at a public table.

...unless the offense comes against the traditional, right? The constituents who are Christian, anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, pro-gun, anti-taxation, etc, etc, etc can choke down on any offense they take from an elected official they find isn't representing their interests.

Look, I'm not suggesting that officials *should* run around trying to offend anyone, but the basic fact here is people who are searching for excuses to get offended will almost always find one. At some point we've got to make the decision to become big boys and girls, grow some goddamned structural integrity to our skin, and allow single use words to roll off our backs. It is a huge pile of horsecrap that in America, 2014, dropping a single slur, even being rumored to have done so in a private conversation, often has a greater negative impact on the vocalizer than commission of a violent or illegal act does. That's bush league Orwellian bullroar right there. Thought crime is apparently worse than actual crime. Take Donald Sterling and the NBA... old man voices unpopular opinion, no slurs, no violent comments, just basically says "I don't like seeing my 50 years younger than me gold digger publicly dating minorities." $5+ Million fine, lifetime ban, attempted forced sale of team. For contrasting purposes:
Marv Albert: Bites woman repeatedly in commission of what was essentially a rape. Brief suspension, back to being voice of NBA.
Allen Iverson: Maims a kid in a gang beatdown. Becomes NBA superstar and multimillionare.
Numerous NBA stars in Atlanta Gold Club fiasco: Run a strip bar that is actually a whore house, give free sex to any NBA player willing to invest and advertise for the place. Result: Nada to the players involved aside from becoming "Playas" in cultural circles that celebrate promiscuity.
Kobe Bryant: Sodomizes a woman who said no (sometimes called "rape") Result: Nothing from the NBA, couple million bucks out of Kobe's pocket to keep his wife from taking half of his assets in a divorce, however.
Isaiah Thomas: Sexually harassed an employee numerous times, including calling her slurs. Result: Knicks paid large fine, Issaiah continued his coaching career (and his loathing for Larry Bird based on Larry's abillity to dunk a ball)
These added onto a slew of players with multiple unsupported offspirng from multiple women, paying millions to their one night stands to abort the children produced, drug charges, distrubance charges, DWIs, domestic abuse, gang ties, jesus the list is endless.

There is a subculture in America that is behind the pushing of thought crime as being more destructive and more worthy of "discipline" than actual crime or traditional bad BEHAVIOR is. Now, I realize I'm far (really far) from progressive, but I still am a firm believer in "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me." Frankly I don't give a crap what anyone wants to say about me or to me and I don't give a crap what names somebody wants to call me. Chances are I can probably call myself much worse and surprise the hell out of the person I'm supposed to be offended by. The modern racism argument is completely devoid of perspective and common sense.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
The N word doesn`t always come from mouths of racists.

Even I have used the word before because there`s a world of difference between the majority of respectable black men and N***ers. And the word is derived from slavery in the first place and if Obama isn`t a political puppet, I don`t know what he is.

In a particular sub-culture - N****r and W***e are fairly synonymous.

However, neither is appropriate in the public discourse of the dominant culture.
edit on 16-5-2014 by FyreByrd because: spelling.....again

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Burdman that was the most ridiculously awesome reply that I have read in a long time, thank you.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Rappers and such hold a completely different position in society. As 'artists' they not only entertain, but push the moral envelope of their time. Art by it's very nature is controversial. Art should make you think about and question your morals/ethics - not reinforce it.

So I'm assuming the "and such" in "Rappers and such" doesn't include stand up comedians, radio hosts, entertainment-reality show stars, or debutants singing along to the aforementioned exercise in questioning personal morals/ethics www.spike.com... then?

#StandardStandard

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join