It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered Vision When Unfocused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Any one else get this? It's pretty awesome actually. It happens unintentionally, I'll just be blankly staring and then I notice everything looks different. I'm trying to think of how to describe it, but it varies, it's usually some weird random thing. Unfortunately this is very difficult to describe, lol, I'm actually at a complete loss as to how to better describe it. It's like, a little bit ago there was a lady in front of me, and as I unfocused her eyes turned into these big black holes and just idk she just looked completely different and transformed. These alterations are obvious and dramatic enough to say be compared to something you might see on a psychedelic.

Does everyone get this? Pretty cool, eh? I enjoy when things alter in this way, and I try to hold onto it when I notice it. It is difficult to intentionally induce, though. I'm trying to see whether this is common or unique.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean! I've only recently discovered this a few months ago when I was talking to my friend. It tripped me out so much that I kept unfocusing and then refocus on his face.
but unfortunately I don't know how to describe it either

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hunters use it to spot game movement, others use it to more easily see aura's on people, or see "more" of what's there.
It's an old technique, at least as far as I know, it's something teachable and learned.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-5-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Interesting. I figured the general principle behind it must have been used for some purposes. The reason I say it is so difficult to describe, is because anything I could think to say about it would be way over-simplifying and make it seem completely different than it was. It seems, thinking about it now, that in times that I have been in high spiritual states of consciousness, I was able to frequently go into this general way of seeing things. I thought that seeing things in a different, interesting way was conducive to remaining in those states of consciousness.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Hi. I've been doing this kind of thing for over a year now....IMO, it's a kind of meditation...it has a name which I can't remember. But if you search for 3rd eye meditation techniques you will probably find some info on it. I think its a technique that people in india use a lot..

Staring at a fixed spot, with eyes open, or closed, after a while will let you see things you didn't know were there...I give the analogy of looking through a screen door to the outside. If you stand close to the screen door, you look outside and totally ignore it and see everything past it...It's only when you refocus that you bring the screen into view..something that you didn't know was there until you discovered to focus in a different way. There's many layers, or screens you can focus on and try to tune in to. The better meditative state you achieve, the more clearly you will see.

it's kind of the same with this technique...soft focus until you see black splotches or until the room or object looks totally different...Don't break your stare, don't focus and try to push through that first veil...then you will start tuning in on all kinds of cool things. Too much to write here, but it's definitely something that can be learned and it's cool. I've actually seen short 'vision's' while sitting on the couch staring into empty space. Check into 3rd eye meditation...there's a lot of different techniques and ideas...see what works for you!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yes, and its hard to explain, it alters. But if you do this you can also notice, odd things. Lying down before sleep with just light coming in from the hallway. And you can see energies arcing off your arm and becoming one with energies in the room, but then you can also see fast walkers, things that are bigger that move fast and even small zippy things, almost intelligently moving and you wonder all kinds of things, horton hears a who things, smaller universe under our nose, just many things come.

And you can see aura colors a bit. Blue hue or green hue pops out. Or even kind of yellow white.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join