It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of muslim apologists saying `well christianity was no better`.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

But I think we need to look at these atrocities as acts of individuals....not an act of religion itself. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey would you look at this

There still is some intelligence present on these boards.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

comparing what people (who yes were in the wrong, did hundreds of years ago)
to a religion who in 2014 commit atrocity after atrocity is unexcusable

a religion that commits atrocity after atrocity?

What religion can do this, what religion can do anything without individuals pushing either their own or someone else s agenda?

I gather this isn't a rant about what you say it is but a bash Islam thread.

I suspected so after only your second post and this one seals the deal.

we hear again and again about how the majority of muslims are supposedly peace lovin`

I have heard such, knew it to be true because off many Muslim friends.

Sorry you are so closed in a box, maybe get out, attempt to learn a little about other cultures and see how bigoted you sound or how ignorant you sound based on whats been shown in this thread so far this little sentence shows how ignorant and bigoted you are.

a religion who in 2014 commit atrocity after atrocity is unexcusable

Seriously ignorance at it highest levels or simply a blind hate as atrocities in this modern age have been show to be carried out by any person following any system of belief or none at all.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
The only common theme in religious based, or any, acts of horror is that humans, singularly or collectively, committed them.

Human is the common factor, not this religion or that religion.

Yeah, some more intelligence gracing the boards.

I am glad there are some if not many that see humans as being the ones that cause these atrocities.

I don't deny that peoples interpretations of their holy books can and do influence their actions, in the end its them, their choice.

Many have tried to say the devil made me do it.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What I am sick of is racists using the activities of a tiny minority of people, to justify hatred and vilification of, and last but most pathetic, fear of, an ENTIRE demographic.

Thank you

I applaud this statement and I wish more could realize this truth.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Irako

Actually, I've never heard any Muslim I know try to use Christianity's countless (and on going) atrocities over its existence as a justification for Muslim atrocities today.

Same here,

Its always from an faceless knob on the net who might claim to be Muslim or worse a deluded Christian posing as A Muslim to make Islam look bad by saying such ignorant things.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
All religions are control mechanisms and just as stupid and manipulative as each other. The sooner mankind realises this, the better.

And nope, I'm not an atheist.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

I agree completely and thank you for that link to that letter by albert pike, on another thread they where trying to claim it as a hoax and claiming there was evidence it was a hoax.
If it is real then we know whom the true enemy of humanity is, enlightenment for the minority and a slave race to serve them, makes a whole new interpretation of the pyramidal eye symbol does it not.
The same upper echelon whom have alway's traded in human misery to get rich and powerful, did you know that the symbol on the shield of william of normandy was a bent cross that is also a symbol of lucifer and of course lucifer is referred to in the new testament by christ as satan falling from heaven like lightning after michael cast him down.
All religions have had very bad people sometimes in charge of there masses of followers and able to whip them into bloodthirsty frenzy's but as with the thread they whom seek to excuse the other religion are absolutely wrong, it also happens that sadly we are often wrong but not at the fundemental level of our religious base only at the interpretation of it that came about during less educated period's when the intelligentsia were able to control the masses and make them do as the extremists in islam are doing today with the notable contrast that they are more educated than our ancestor's whom they use in comparison were and so they should know better unless of course it is the very nature of there doctrine which it so happens that it is.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

You of all people should therefore realize that to forget and turn a blind eye as has been happening since the end of the cold war with human traffiking is a bad idea, though I am a christian I share jewish ancestry in a direct maternal line but I do not see any difference on a personal basis between a slav, celt, west or east african, north african or arab and think Slavery is a crime against all humanity, that any culture or sect the condone it are enemy's of humanity and that while reparation's may not be possible any statute or idea of limitation on a crime only benefit's those whom perpetrated it.
Though the European slavery is only about equal in the numbers taken and subjected to the numbers whom the north african's took from europe in that forgotten slave trade period it happened over a far shorter time scale and decimated entire culture's and tribal peoples of africa so this forgotten holocaust (remember how many died on the ships and were simply thrown into the sea at the slightest sign of illness) must never be forgotten or we have learned nothing.

Remembering doesn't entitle anyone to an apology of any sort. Should it be remembered so the past doesn't repeat itself? Yes, in every way. Should it be forgotten? Never, not in the slightest.

I've never condoned crimes against humanity (any of them). But when a person/group want/demand an apology from another person/group about things that neither one had no hand in, or even alive for - is nothing short of ludicrous.

Yes, this is a rant, but not at you. I'm just tired of people expecting an apology for something that neither had a hand in.

A sympathetic "I'm so sorry, that was horrible" is a different story.

If the people who committed the crimes are past the statute of limitations, or dead - if you believe in God as I do, then there compensation for their actions will be paid in full upon judgement. (punishment)
edit on 19-5-2014 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

Down to the fourth generation for they whom god hate's and he will bless to the thousandth generation for they whom he love's.
Still we see one another point of view perfectly I do not disagree with you but a statute of limitations is a ludicrous law that merely seeks to legitimize past crimes if the criminal hides them long enough or they are not prosecuted, we have non in the uk though the authority's are loath to spend money on a prosecution for a past crime over twenty years old unless it is regarded as in the public interest but in the states there are many widow's whom have been robbed blind by con men whom swindled them and got away with it only to parade around as millionares in the same town's where the poor widow's or children that they robbed live.
Like I say the only reason that such a law was enacted was to protect the criminal be it an individual, company or indeed state from having to make costly ammends for past crime's and other than that it serves no valid purpose except to hide the number of crimes by ignoring those detected after the fact (period of statutory liability).
Take Hawaii, it was litterally robbed from the native people, they still live there and feel it is a crime and they have a point but a full restitution even without a statute is impossible as most people whom are born there are actually self identified as US citizens.
Or Diego Garcia, we the british stole that island from it's native inhabitant's and gave it to the US under a indefinite agreement, handy as it classifies as an overseas base for the US military so is outside of US boundaries and useful for rendition as is Guantanimo, they numbered only a few hundred but today they still seek justice as they alway's have after being tricked into leaving there home's.
Or My mother whom is Lady Hallworth, heir of Tattershall bloodstocks whom has fought for justice for many years but is simply ignored, the famous grand national is run on what is my mothers land the largest stand at aintree racecourse was the Tattershall stand and the tophams never had the right to buy what Lord Derby never owned or then to sell what they never owned but even with the trust number and the account number and with no statute or limitation in the UK she has never been able to obtain justice and instead the solicitors and lawyers to whom she went simply became richer and never helped her but certainly helped themselves with the information they gained from her.
I am not directly responsible for the crimes of any of my ancestors as you are not yours but if we gain from what was taken or denied to it's rightful owners then that should be given back or a recompense paid however finding the correct culpability even without a statute or limitation in a matter such as slavery is never going to be easy and there is some argument that the state after such a period of time is not really the same state whom performed or condoned such actions.

edit on 19-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SensiblyReckless
All religions are control mechanisms and just as stupid and manipulative as each other. The sooner mankind realises this, the better.

And nope, I'm not an atheist.

Religions arent the problem. It's those using them for gain.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Being an atheist, I was going to add to this, but Bill Maher pretty much summed up my opinion on ALL religions.

Religion Does No Harm, Bill Maher reflects

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jazz10
I beg to differ. Financial gain isn't the only problem with them.

Aside from being blatant control mechanisms, there's also the fact that they cause division and hatred between religions, which inevitably leads to violence. And as far as violence goes, every single mainstream religion is guilty of atrocities.

They hold the human race, IMO. But bear in mind this is just my opinion and I mean no offence to anyone's beliefs.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless
I totally agree.
I'm my own religion. Bits of all part of one.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, they're stating the truth. Christianity was no better. Unfortunately both of these cults of death were dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming.

Islam is a younger religion, when Christianity was as old as Islam it was invoked to justify very similar atrocities. Would be nice if they'd both go away now.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

Ya may not like it but if you want to view as a Muslim and Christian issue. Then in the past ten years the US E.G. Christians are bloodied with at least 900K in Iraq, Afghanistan et al. That's not to mention stoking the flames in Egypt, Syria, Libya, Ukraine etc.. I would say the other side has been busy too and racked up a lot of deaths at least 150K. Christians still win though!

Its not a black and white issue. A lot of these people fighting are just defending their interests etc.. We most certainly have some crockpot Muslims but on that note we have some crockpot Jewish and Christian folks looking to burn the whole globe. One is not better than the other!

rt.com...

"Just imagine if the democratically-elected government of Canada had been toppled in a Russian-financed coup, in which far-right extremists and neo-Nazis played a prominent role.

That the new unelected 'government' in Ottawa cancelled the law giving the French language official status, appointed a billionaire oligarch to run Quebec and signed an association agreement with a Russian-led trade bloc.

Just imagine…

If Russia had spent $5 billion on regime change in Canada and then a leading Canadian energy firm had appointed to its board of directors the son of a top Russian government politician. "

Maybe its not relevant but it looks like the US is out for blood like no other in the world today. Demonize all you like but you sit on the bloodiest side of this debate. Most US citizens see this as an evil Mooslum issue while most of the outside world sees the US actions as religious as well, being controlled by Israel and evil Jews etc.. etc... Its all a load of the stinky stuff. Its all about the US becoming the worlds largest energy exporter by 2020 and the raping of your Gas reserves etc... Its all about the green, and the religious side is just another spin on reality! There are evil men everywhere and whether they are Jewish, Muslim or Christian make exactly 0 difference.

edit on 21-5-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join