It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of muslim apologists saying `well christianity was no better`.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

You misunderstand - I don't think anyone is saying anyone else gets "a pass."

I think the point is to express the idea that there is also a minority group in Christianity that STILL uses these actions and tactics - so rather than use a small, extreme group of Muslims to stereotype 1.6 billion people, we should acknowledge that in any main stream religion there are groups that take it to a completely irrational level.

But it makes sense to me that a Christian would ignore the acts carried out by his or her fellow Christians, or attempt to minimize or justify them somehow. Groupthink at it's finest. =]

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: FreshKaleSo you where saying.
Christianity is the true religion and I am very sorry if that upset's your sensibilitys'.

Doesn't at all, as a matter of fact, I can assure you.

What that had to do with the post you were replying to, I can't say...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
I can understand the atheist attitude but the two religions do not even compare, what was his prophecy if he was a prophet, when did he ever recieve the spirit of god and when did he talk to god or god talk to him.

I'm sorry but from a neutral point of view you DO look eerily similar. Except for your funny hats.
The differences of your fairy-tales are meaningless from the outside.

I'm very sorry if that upsets your sensibilities.
edit on 16-5-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
All organized religions are a sham. Or maybe they aren't but chances are when you dedicate your life to an ancient book someone is pulling your strings and that's never a good thing.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I hear you, it gets so old. Crusades blah blah blah stoning women blah blah blah. Comparing things 1000+ years ago to Muslims today beheading infidels, marrying off 10 year olds to old men, and selling women into slavery.

thats my point
comparing what people (who yes were in the wrong, did hundreds of years ago)
to a religion who in 2014 commit atrocity after atrocity is unexcusable

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

Im a Dispensationalist Christian, and a very close friend of mine is a Middle Eastern raised Muslim. He is a devout Muslim and I have never heard him placed any blanket judgement on Christian, Jews, or anyone else for that matter. The fact is, that Islamic violence is sectarian, just as the Crucades were. The USA and the UK share much of the blame for creating these sectarian organization. UK intellegence is responsible for the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, and the CIA put the weapons in Al Quaeda's hand.

If you ask me, the Zionist Judaism and the Dominionist Christianity have just as much blood on there hands as Sectarian Islam. Who is pushing the Palestinians off of their own land, who invaded Iraq over make believe WMD's? Who was really responsible for 9/11? Is certainly wasnt Islam.

First came Zionism, the came modern Jihadism.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: uninfluenced

There are many Muslims that speak out against the acts extremist Muslims commit. Some of them are on ATS.

On ats or a forum means nothing at all
when was the last time in times square/ trafalgar square you saw thousands of these `peace lovin` muslims protesting against their brother muslims

yep.. ..

Well, now you are just moving the goalposts in the middle of a play. You asked where the other Muslims were condemning these acts, but when it's pointed out you say ATS and forums aren't good enough.

There have to be thousands in the street for you to take notice?

Perhaps your expectations are unreasonable.

nope
we hear again and again about how the majority of muslims are supposedly peace lovin`
where are these muslims speaking out?
edit on 16-5-2014 by uninfluenced because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

I count 4 responses of Christians Did X so whats the big deal.

Its not about "but they did" AT all.

AS I SAID, ANY REPUGNANT ACTION NO MATTER WHO COMMITTED THEM NEEDS TO BE OPPOSED.

Gather up catholic priest that touch little boys and Hang them too.

But it makes sense to me that a Christian would ignore the acts carried out by his or her fellow Christians, or attempt to minimize or justify them somehow. Groupthink at it's finest. =]

Yes it certainly seems to be group think at its finest, when immoral actions get excused because of anyone elses immoral actions.

Its apologist nonsense.

Call out Christianity all you want for its current atrocities, By all means.

If you'd like, I can list many cases of Christian Extremest and fundamentalism around the globe,

But Ill add the addendum that next to it Ill compare the Buddhist who kill muslims, and Muslims that do the same.

NONE of it would excuse any of it, and should be exposed when ever it can.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Im a Dispensationalist Christian, and a very close friend of mine is a Middle Eastern raised Muslim. He is a devout Muslim and I have never heard him placed any blanket judgement on Christian, Jews, or anyone else for that matter. The fact is, that Islamic violence is sectarian, just as the Crucades were. The USA and the UK share much of the blame for creating these sectarian organization. UK intellegence is responsible for the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood, and the CIA put the weapons in Al Quaeda's hand.

If you ask me, the Zionist Judaism and the Dominionist Christianity have just as much blood on there hands as Sectarian Islam. Who is pushing the Palestinians off of their own land, who invaded Iraq over make believe WMD's? Who was really responsible for 9/11? Is certainly wasnt Islam.

First came Zionism, the came modern Jihadism.

Just so you know i am Jewish myself, i didnt know how long itd be before somebody brings up the zionist card, sigh.......
w/e

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There are many Muslims that speak out against the acts extremist Muslims commit. Some of them are on ATS.

when was the last time in times square/ trafalgar square you saw thousands of these `peace lovin` muslims protesting against their brother muslims

yep.. ..

Well, now you are just moving the goalposts in the middle of a play. You asked where the other Muslims were condemning these acts, but when it's pointed out you say ATS and forums aren't good enough.

nope
we hear again and again about how the majority of muslims are supposedly peace lovin`

Where are all the Christians speaking out against what their fellow Christians do?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Here ya go......take a look at this link. Let me know what you think.

www.kamranpasha.com...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The only common theme in religious based, or any, acts of horror is that humans, singularly or collectively, committed them.

Human is the common factor, not this religion or that religion.
edit on 5/16/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

yep.. ..

nope

You will never see anything about the protesting those acts because our MSM is geared to spread Islamophobia. Just as you almost never see reports of Christians committing acts of terrorism.
The Big Lie About Muslim Silence on Terrorism

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So? Im Sephardic Jew, that doesnt make me Zionist.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
The only common theme in religious based, or any, acts of horror is that humans, singularly or collectively, committed them.

Human is the common factor, not this religion or that religion.

If religion didn't exist, man would just come up with another excuse to harm one another.

Its ridiculously naive when people start blaming religion for baser human instincts.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Its ridiculously naive when people start blaming religion for baser human instincts.

Agreed. Defective reasoning. Religion isn't the problem but those that can't handle religion (become delusional) or wish to use it to control others at which point religion is clearly not the problem but greed.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

We are in a world now which is supposed to know better, and you can't put how christianity acted in the past and try to include it on par with islam today, because there is no comparison at all.

What about Christian Nations today like the US and UK that bomb entire nations? Do you think they do that in the name of God or not? Does it matter?

How atrocious is this compared to any thing the "evil Muslims" do?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
religion is clearly not the problem but greed.

Honestly, I think almost every problem in America, comes down to simple greed.

Explains the state of things real well.

Simple human nature, to want what we didn't earn, and the willingness to take it anyway.

Its the entirety of human history, yet people will excuse it with what ever they can.

Admitting it, means admitting something dark about every one of us.

Religion gives people an escape goat,

Sadly people are just messed up.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

yep.. ..

Really ? Are you involved in any Muslim communities? I see it all the time . sorry we don't get the Media coverage we need to reach more people

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Exactly. "Stuff" is reason enough for our species to go to war.

Despite the colourful variety of pretexts, ALL wars throughout our history have always been really about stuff.
Including the "christian"-wars, eventhough Christians have a commandment that says "don't take other peoples stuff" (or something like that).
Everything else is propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join