It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.C. Dem. Congressman Assaults Student on Washington Sidewalk for asking 1 question!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: butcherguy
The kid asked about how the Congressman stood on Obama's record.... what set him off if that wasn't what did it. Do you think Republicans would get so sensitive when asked the same question?
Well, actually the word used was 'agenda' which carries a whole different weight. No excuse...but it did convey an antagonistic tone.

Are you saying that Obama has no agenda?

Sorry, let me reword that.
Of course Obama does have an agenda, so what is so antagonistic about asking the simple question?
edit on b000000312014-05-16T11:47:30-05:0011America/ChicagoFri, 16 May 2014 11:47:30 -05001100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

This is a very old video and the Obama part was obviously dubbed in to make it an anti-dem video. I don't remember what the students were asking him about originally, but it was something totally unrelated to this. Cuervo already pointed this out on page 1.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: anon72
Watch this and tell me the Dems are OberSensitive to anything having to deal with Obama or anything they did/do to support Obama and Co.

Only the Dems, huh? LOL The politician is an asshat, for sure, but this is not about Dems and the GOP. Sorry. Asshat knows no political party boundaries.

I thought Asshat was the first Requirement to be a politician...

Dem, Rep, what ever,

Those that seek power, never deserve it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would have taken that opportunity to put the congressman into a well executed camel clutch and post it on YT and watch it go viral. Of course he would have been forewarned.

To add: You can assault without touching. Generic definition of assault is any unwanted touching.
edit on 16-5-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: to add

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, yes mostly but I haven't seen any Republicans physically assualting college students....

You tie that with Ted Kennedy killing a young lady, POTUS Clinton getting sex in the oval office and leaving his DNA on the young ladies dress (at least once), Barny Frank's little boytoy running a gay prostitution operation out of his D.C. condo, I could go on...... buy you're right.

You have a good take on it. LOL

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This should not surprise. This is how guilty people act. This is a puppet stooge that does not know how to act without a made for TV script written by his corporate masters. Rep. Dem. it does not matter.

How people intelligent enough to find and participate in discussions on a forum like ATS still believe in the left right paradigm is just unbelievable to me. Have any of you been paying attention? At all? Could there be that many shills???
edit on 16-5-2014 by VinMan because: Punct

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Having reviewed the video, there are 2 things that can be stated.

Both sides are wrong. The first one is that the students should have identified himself to the congressman. That would have been the fair and honest thing to do. The congressman is in no way obligated to answer any question to any one who is not within his district, and that should be noted.

But as I stated both sides are wrong. The congressman should not have laid hands on the student, that is assault and battery. The students should have called 911 and been willing to not only press charges but also testify in court, along with willing to get a lawyer and sue the congressman for his wrong doing, including to make sure that his district and the people he represented saw this video to ensure his recall, as he did break the law.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Thanks.

So, you don't think when he heard the Obama question is what set him off?

Dam. The guy is even worse than I thought.

I could understand getting a bit upset being tied to Obama in anyway, but.....

And, the guy looks drunk. Look at his eyes.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

LOCK HIM UP!!!!

CITIZENS ARREST!!!
edit on 16-5-2014 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anyway. Just wanted to see what came out of the woodwork... Mission accomplished.

Here is the end:

N.C. Congressman Apologizes for Physical Confrontation With Man in Washington
www.foxnews.com...

A little Farceness:
College Student Sues Congressman Bob Etheridge For Blurring His Face
carbolicsmoke.com...

Rep. Bob Etheridge Can't Just Listen to Constituents 'Til the Cows Come Home

When we last saw seven-term Congressman Bob Etheridge of North Carolina, he was helping a young man with a video camera understand that American voters must be prepared to explain themselves to elected officials before asking questions of them in public. The fact that he helped the young man understand this by jacking him up by the collar caused a certain amount of controversy, and Etheridge later apologized for the heavy-handed civics lesson.

www.weeklystandard.com...

And his well deseved policitical ending:
ELLMERS WINS! Dem Bob Etheridge to Concede in North Carolina

Rep. Bob “Who Are You?” Etheridge will concede today in the North Carolina House race. A recount this week confirmed that Renee Ellmers won the race in North Carolina.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...#!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Anyway. Just wanted to see what came out of the woodwork... Mission accomplished.

Here is the end:

www.foxnews.com...

A little Farceness:
carbolicsmoke.com...

When we last saw seven-term Congressman Bob Etheridge of North Carolina, he was helping a young man with a video camera understand that American voters must be prepared to explain themselves to elected officials before asking questions of them in public. The fact that he helped the young man understand this by jacking him up by the collar caused a certain amount of controversy, and Etheridge later apologized for the heavy-handed civics lesson.

Rep. Bob “Who Are You?” Etheridge will concede today in the North Carolina House race. A recount this week confirmed that Renee Ellmers won the race in North Carolina.

So what are your findings Anon?

Of course he apologized. After it was written for him.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Either alcohol, white or mind control.

Something totally wrong with the man, so many other ways that he could of reacted...do people really want someone with this type of attitude to be making important decisions that affects every American?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Here is the end:

www.foxnews.com...

A little Farceness:
carbolicsmoke.com...

BUMPPP! The last item said everything, and the right thing.
Concession... even though the congressman later sported up and
apologized for the initial incident. Votes instead of physical response
or worse, Chuck's DIrty Tricks Department. Sigh.... he got away.
edit on 16-5-2014 by derfreebie because: Tabs and reformatting.. I am so button down

edit on 16-5-2014 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Whaooo, that looks like the Politician just came back from one of those mind psyop type training sessions. He does not look in control of his own life, he looks like he was brainwashed into thinking everyone especially clean cut looking youth are all the enemy. Wow, that was beyond words really. This is a bad sign of things to come, the Politician must be "with them" and without asking he see's the student as "against them".

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This man will be re-elected, just watch. But him in jail, I'll bet he would press charges if it happened to him.

edit:

missed a post. Guess people saw the video...
edit on 5/16/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You know, us Canadians take grief for being all polite and such...but when our politicians grab some schmoe by the throat...we're all "F**kin' eh, Dude!!"

I'm guessing camera guy was just one final arse in a long day full of them.

edit on 16-5-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Checked some links and see this is ancient news. At least he is out.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Checked some links and see this is ancient news. At least he is out.

geez...he was voted out 4 YEARS AGO!!!....hello?...doesn't anyone even take 1 minute to verify anything here as being relevant?...hey guess what?... I got a video of a president called Dick Nixon that was part of an actual burglary....HOPE HE GETS THROWN OUT SOON!........(rolls eyes)
edit on 16-5-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Unwanted touching of any kind is assault. I'm not where you are from but if someone puts there hands on me without an invitation and especially in the menacing manner this politician did warrants charges. Of course it won't happen and he will walk away free and clear and most likely be reelected again to an office he is not fit for.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
Have him arrested for assault. You have video proof!!!

I would say a check was immediately written and no one will be arrested. Mon ey makes things go away, ask Bill Oreilly and Dave Letterman.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join