It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 is run by EG&G

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Too many people, have seen, and or expierienced some kind of encounter,
and are quite frankly getting just a little pissed off about being told they are stupid and crazy and the little inferiority trick just isnt working any more they are the only ones that dont get it !

Most people could give a rats patuty about the technological aspect.

If the government would stop telling the public they are Idiots the animousity in the subject would probably stop pressure cooking, but history will repeat itself once again the government wont stop until it explodes in their face, scandal, investigations, fingerpointing, the works!
They cannot conclude why the mass escalation interest and anger is fueling all the negative public relations and conspiracy attacks on them yet they are fanning their own flames

EIEIOH

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I can follow that. Makes sense. But just how many are to many? I seriously doubt that even 1/10000th of the citizens of the country actually give rats rear end about Groom Lake. I wonder how many could even tell you what state Area 51 or for that matter Roswell is in let alone where in the state it located. I tend to think that when the F.A.S. hired a company to take satellite photos of it the public did a *thats neat* and forgot about it quickly.

I do like you point of view on the alien aspect. Insightful. What some if not most people seem to forget is that UFO means unidentified flying object and not space ship from a galaxy far far away.

I wonder if beings from somewhere did come here what the actual public reaction would indeed be.

[edit on 12/1/2004 by just_a_pilot]

Xon

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Eg&G is a interesting and big company. But I remember that they called area 51 for the wathertown and the paradise ranch. but this was back in the 50s Eg&g sales in 2003 is 927,6 mill so they do good. and in 2003 they had 10000 employeres (some of them in area 51)

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
No, but they are an important contractor at the base! The base is run by the US Department of Defense, according to our research. People say it's not a military base, and that is true. Groom Lake is a research center.Remember: There is more to the Defense Department then military! The armed forces are only one small part of the defense department!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I never said there were aliens there, I am just suggesting something

What would you guys do if Area51 was abandonned completely? so that the area is completely open to the public? ofcourse all cool stuff will be gone but still, would it still be attractive to you?

Sure it would. Wouldn't be on the top of my list of places to visit but I would definitely hit it up if I ever went to Vegas.

Zip

EDIT: Because of the cool top secret aviation and weapons tech that were developed there (would-be historical aspect), not coz I think there are/were aliens or alien tech there (coz I don't).

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Zipdot]

Xon

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
No, but they are an important contractor at the base! The base is run by the US Department of Defense, according to our research. People say it's not a military base, and that is true. Groom Lake is a research center.Remember: There is more to the Defense Department then military! The armed forces are only one small part of the defense department!

Tim

Okay. But Eg&g owns the jannet airlines and the security guards.. Locker head owns some hangars and stuff. Did the defense department bay it or have it always owns the place?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Xon, I sincerely do not intend to offend you, but perhaps we can all use a brush up from reviewing the research forum on this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has some depth of description regarding the ownership and control aspects of Area 51.

Zip

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xon

Tim

Okay. But Eg&g owns the jannet airlines and the security guards.. Locker head owns some hangars and stuff. Did the defense department bay it or have it always owns the place?

Some of the facilities are loaned to contractors for their black projects. Think of it like an apartment complex for Black Projects, the Pentagon OWNS it, but they lease some facilities to contractors. Also, our research suggests that Some ( But Not All) of the companies at the base are most likely CIA fronts! Not everything at Groom Lake is what it seems to be!

Tim

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Miamisburg Mound aka EG&G

This is the facility EG&G took over in my home town of Miamisburg , Ohio on the south side of Dayton. It sits on top of a huge hill, right next to an Adena Indian Mound. It used to be Monsanto.

Most of the facilities are underground.

All I know is they closed the public swimming pool at the bottom of the hill, and covered it with tons of dirt. I think it was glowing at night!!!

I always loved the sign out in front of the facility, it had "Total Safe Days" on it with a number that lit up in lights!!!

I think EG&G is there to clean it up

I think they are going to try to sell it when it is cleaned up.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
Miamisburg Mound aka EG&G

I think EG&G is there to clean it up

Man, reading that page, this site sounds exactly like Half Life's Black Mesa facility! Neat.

Zip

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Zipdot]

Xon

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xon

Tim

Some of the facilities are loaned to contractors for their black projects. Think of it like an apartment complex for Black Projects, the Pentagon OWNS it, but they lease some facilities to contractors. Also, our research suggests that Some ( But Not All) of the companies at the base are most likely CIA fronts! Not everything at Groom Lake is what it seems to be!

Tim

Tnx But how much does eg&g on the black projects? And what are they doing?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
EG&G owns the base on paper. Also on paper, they lease areas of it out to both contractors (such as Lockheed), and various military branches (mostly the Navy and Air Force Intel). Many such leases are long-term. I believe the majority of the residential compound, and many hangars are under perma-lease to Lockheed. Because it isn't "owned" by the US Government per se, they are being perfectly factual when they state that Area 51 is NOT a government base and there is no US military base there. This is why there is Private security there instead of military (though in areas currently under lease by the military, the forces can be military ones.) Each lease-holder "runs" their own area.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Gazrok]

Xon

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
EG&G owns the base on paper. Also on paper, they lease areas of it out to both contractors (such as Lockheed), and various military branches (mostly the Navy and Air Force Intel). Many such leases are long-term. I believe the majority of the residential compound, and many hangars are under perma-lease to Lockheed. Because it isn't "owned" by the US Government per se, they are being perfectly factual when they state that Area 51 is NOT a government base and there is no US military base there. This is why there is Private security there instead of military (though in areas currently under lease by the military, the forces can be military ones.) Each lease-holder "runs" their own area.

Tnx this is what I rellay think is true. But where did you find that rg&g owns it by paper?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Research project for a paper (anti-UFO persuasive essay in college....I actually did a pro-UFO persuasive essay too, for the same class, hehe....later in the semester), a few
years ago.

No doubt the research project here likely turned up the same things...haven't really checked out the ATS project on it...

EDIT: Come to think of it, there was a very good documentary on this a while back too...I believe I have it on tape, focusing just on the origins and history behind Area 51. They even try to interview base employees leaving the Janet terminals, etc. in the parking lot, but eventually get stopped by security, then questioned by the cops.

Xon

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Can you please shere it whit us?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Research project for a paper (anti-UFO persuasive essay in college....I actually did a pro-UFO persuasive essay too, for the same class, hehe....later in the semester), a few
years ago.

No doubt the research project here likely turned up the same things...haven't really checked out the ATS project on it...

EDIT: Come to think of it, there was a very good documentary on this a while back too...I believe I have it on tape, focusing just on the origins and history behind Area 51. They even try to interview base employees leaving the Janet terminals, etc. in the parking lot, but eventually get stopped by security, then questioned by the cops.

No it didn't! The Groom Lake Research Project found that the US Department of Defense OWNS Groom Lake! Here is a list of Facts to support my claim:

1. Groom Lake is on land that has been owned by the US Defense Department since World War 2 (if you don't believe me, Go look up the land deed for the Nellis Air Force Range Complex!)

2. The Base was design and built using funds from the CIA in the early 50's

3. The origional purpose of the base was to provide a testing and operations base for CIA spy planes (U-2, A-12 Blackbird, D-21, ect.)

4. Remember the land seizure by the government? Federal law states that they can't expand property that isn't theirs

Tim

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
1. EGEG does not own the land. Nor do they own any infrastructure, for that matter.

2. The real property is owned entirely by the USG.

3. The facility is not a military base or reservation, and is not controlled by the DoD.

4. The nature of the use of the facility, who exercises jurisdiction over the facility, who leases the facility, who is granted access to the facility, and who maintains the facility are classified.

In the case of Groom Lake, facts of ownership and contractual relationships have been classified. This allows the government to support more than one explaination without having to commit to a single explaination. For example, the land itself could easily be under the jurisdiction of the Department of Agriculture, and money to fund the base and its operations could come from specific accounts set up in the CIA, and contracts to operate and maintain the facilities could be between the various contractors and the Department of Agriculture.....but if these contracts, contract numbers, and accounts are themselves classified, then there is deniability on all sides, and the DoD can easily say, without reservation, that "there is no military base at Groom Lake, nor does the DoD fund such an operation", because that would be the actual truth.

Oh, what a complex web we weave...........

Xon

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So many people come whith so diffrent answers. Hwo can prove what is true? Where you fiend you info? lets fiend out what is true

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No it didn't! The Groom Lake Research Project found that the US Department of Defense OWNS Groom Lake! Here is a list of Facts to support my claim:

1. Groom Lake is on land that has been owned by the US Defense Department since World War 2 (if you don't believe me, Go look up the land deed for the Nellis Air Force Range Complex!)

2. The Base was design and built using funds from the CIA in the early 50's

3. The origional purpose of the base was to provide a testing and operations base for CIA spy planes (U-2, A-12 Blackbird, D-21, ect.)

4. Remember the land seizure by the government? Federal law states that they can't expand property that isn't theirs

I agree with all of the above. What I meant to state (thought I did) is that it is made to appear, on paper, that EG&G is in control and is the landlord when it comes to the facilities, transportation, utilities, etc. I meant appearing to own the base, not the land, much as one could own a house, but not necessarily the land. The CIA used EG&G as a front. Interesting footnote, there's an early Lockheed U2 training film where Area 51 is actually designated on the blackboard...

Xon

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So the u2 are CIA's planes? And the goverment does owen the land but eg&g and lockerhead does work whit them? Is that right? And Eg&g owns the jannet planes and the security guards??

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join