It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard evidence of life on Mars that NASA doesn’t want to discuss

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: wildespace
Wow, so much time and debate wasted on a simple misunderstanding of the perspective or parallax!

So let me waste a bit more.
The fact that the rover moved and changed its angle of view, is more easily seen when you stitch the individual images into panoramas, which provides the context of the terrain.

Sol 1833:

Sol 1843:

Gif:

Sol 1833 full panorama:

Sol 1843 full panorama:

yeah, you figured it all out, except the the tail.

you do see the tail, right?

Where's the tail? Can you post a picture? Or at least give directions? I see lots of rocks, but rocks don't have tails.

the gif above sol 1833.

the rock with the crack.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: wildespace
Wow, so much time and debate wasted on a simple misunderstanding of the perspective or parallax!

So let me waste a bit more.
The fact that the rover moved and changed its angle of view, is more easily seen when you stitch the individual images into panoramas, which provides the context of the terrain.

Sol 1833:

Sol 1843:

Gif:

Sol 1833 full panorama:

Sol 1843 full panorama:

yeah, you figured it all out, except the the tail.

you do see the tail, right?

Where's the tail? Can you post a picture? Or at least give directions? I see lots of rocks, but rocks don't have tails.

the gif above sol 1833.

the rock with the crack.

Do you mean this?

If so, it's a rock. How does it look different from all the other rocks in the background there?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
The five images from the Spirit Rover mission show an object that has clearly moved in the sequence. The object appears to be some kind of animal that blends in well with the surrounding rock.

It's hard to believe that the image is of a living creature because the environment is bare and lifeless. Wild creatures need a whole ecosystem to survive. Unless, of course, this hypothetical Martian wild creature has evolved much like deep cave life has evolved inside of earth, but that doesn't seem at all that likely. Being that it is another planet then it could be argued that living creatures can't be held to Earth standards of living within an ecosystem, but what then? What does it consume? How does it get energy?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Hard evidence

;ladksfj.......:

All I can say to make any sense of this ...

Your Hard Evidence of Anything is indeed hard.

Because it is rock.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith
a reply to: netbound
a reply to: Phage
a reply to: ArMaP
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

Hey guys, just wanted to pop back in to say I was wrong. Totally wrong. I said the rock would rotate to the left, but it does indeed rotate behind our original rock.
Also, I should've noticed just how far the background was off between our two SOL pics.
Only took me 3 days and a few hours.

I swear I'm not stupid....

It takes balls to admit you're wrong about something. A rare trait not often seen on this site.

I admire that. Your statement that is, not your balls......

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join