It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard evidence of life on Mars that NASA doesn’t want to discuss

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6
a reply to: douglas5

Ok, I double down on my post

It could be the dormant language of beings who once lived under bridges.

Oh...just some random guy who might have posted Directly above me....

some completely random guy somewhere directly above this post who could be anyone who knows maybe it's not even them maybe this is the kind of language and speaking that will get through who knows

you have a limited grasp of english.

none of the above bodes well for anyone.

did you catch all that?>

your avi suggests that you are some euro dude

Wow. Gosh, if Eddie Haskell wants to go there, like in avatar insults 'n all... Ward and June used Wally's nickname for me and, ya'know? It reminds me of yr avi, Mr discount fake Japanese beer, Sir.

hey! sorry, i didn't recognize you! u ain't no random guy on the internet!! sorry!!! i missed the "biggest internet trolls" poster.

hey, btw, avi is my daughters creation and tsing tao is frigging chinese.
but you wouldn't ever know that, would you?

i will refrain from "the beave"

even lumpy hated eddie.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Love these posts.... brings out all the trolls....

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
Thank you for the nice post. It can be life of some sort. Why not? A lot of the posts I've seen where so many people write off as rocks have been fascinating. I think there is/was something there on Mars. S&F

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Keep that up.

In all sorts of threads.

It's rocks. it's been shown.
edit on 5/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: R_Clark
Love these posts.... brings out all the trolls....

There are no trolls here. There are 3 groups of people:

1. Those who believe life on Mars looks like rocks.
2. Those who believe rocks on Mars are rocks.
3. Those who believe group2 are trolls because they won't or can't understand the explanations!

FYI : If there was life on Mars NASA's funding would go through the roof. A manned mission would become a priority. It is absolutely NOT in NASA's interest to hide such a fact!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Looks like shadow cast by the rock on the right. See top of that rock it has a small petrusion facing up which is responsible for the head in the shadow.

That's what I was thinking too. I looked at the other shadows though and they are coming from the other direction.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith
Upon careful inspection, you'll notice that the 'object' in question would move to the left, not the right. A consideration of the angle of some of the flat rocks will show this to be true.

If the movement of the rover included some rotation to keep pointing at a common area on both photos, the objects between the camera and the centre of rotation would appear to move to one direction while the objects beyond the centre of rotation would appear to move in the opposite direction.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Parallax would be if there were two different cameras taking the same image at the same time from different angles (like Curiosity does with it's stereo pair cameras). This isn't the case with the navigational camera on Spirit.

In fact, both Spirit and Opportunity have two navigation cameras (stereo vision helps navigating), so we can have things like this.

Sol 1830

Freeview (not cross-eye view, as I have been saying for years)

Animated GIF

Anaglyph

Sol 1833

Freeview
(we can see that the "goose head" is another rock further back and not part of the larger rock)

Animated Gif

Anaglyph

Sol 1836

Freeview

Animated Gif

Anaglyph

Sol 1843

Freeview

Animated Gif

Anaglyph

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
So, these mars...-supials? have evolved perfect camouflage to avoid those huge predators??? I've no idea what advantage it gains... Unless it's to camo itself to sneak up on pebbles??

How are we to know what's really on that planet for sure. Maybe it is an animal, maybe it has a natural predaror it hides from. No one can actually say for sure until more research is done. Who knows what it could really be. Only people with difinitive answers at this point are the real idiots that bug me. If someone is claiming it's 100% what they say it is, is not using their brain very wisely!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

True, but nothing on Mars has ever been proven to have moved under its own volition, and these pictures are only more proof that the closest thing we've found to life on Mars are rocks that move when the camera also moves. But, they could possibly maybe be creatures that have evolved to look like rocks in order to escape their natural predators which also must look like rocks.

ArMaP has made it painfully obvious that changes in camera location and/or angle can account for the considerable changes in the position of far off objects, effectively slamming the door on the idea that these pictures are proof that the rock in question just got up and walked away

Sure, we can keep the book open as to whether or not there is life on Mars, but these photos are anything but proof.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

So maybe it wasn't a rock! Michael E. Salla, Ph.D. ...

I stopped reading right there. Michael Salla is a nincompoop who keeps on writing total junk on Examiner.com about space, Mars in particular.

He wrote something the other week on the CYLINDRICAL UFOs PHOTOGRAPHED BY CURIOSITY!!!! — otherwise known as Phobos, as he would have known if he had done five minutes' research.

The man has no clue.

Remember in future, if you see the words "Michael E. Salla", stop reading and save your IQ from plunging.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes but it takes our rocks a long time to move. I think first we have to agree that mars once had atmosphere and water. Couple things you need for most life. If there was a civilization there where did they go. You should see more, even if they went underground we should see more.

Not sure about this one. I agree it is not a shadow. If there is life then nasa knows it. I mean what is the time lag for the video to get here. Surely not so long that they would not send the rover to investigate what it was lol.

I want to see what the Chinese have found on the moon. We already know they are after helium three, but there are rumors they have seen much more that they are not revealing.....

P. S. Everyone see the shoot down of the Russian rocket. It was awesome.

The bot

a reply to: stirling

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: Qumulys
So, these mars...-supials? have evolved perfect camouflage to avoid those huge predators??? I've no idea what advantage it gains... Unless it's to camo itself to sneak up on pebbles??

How are we to know what's really on that planet for sure. Maybe it is an animal, maybe it has a natural predaror it hides from. No one can actually say for sure until more research is done. Who knows what it could really be. Only people with difinitive answers at this point are the real idiots that bug me. If someone is claiming it's 100% what they say it is, is not using their brain very wisely!

Agreed, unless rover rolled over there and picked it up with it's arm. Wouldn't that be cool. Kinda makes you wonder about the pictures they don't show us lol.

The Bot

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Is the hoax bin still open for business? Nothing much seems to get dumped in there even when it is years-old recycled rubbish like this!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

The mean density of the Martian atmosphere is 1% that of earths,? I'm still sceptical about the size of the parachute used to place the space craft on the surface. Did they use a parachute the size of a hundred tennis courts bearing in mind the size to do the same thing for a landing on earth would be about the size of one tennis court ,or is the Martian atmosphere denser than reported. How can the planet be hidden in dust storms, when their is hardly any atmosphere available to generate the wind movements. Bearing in mind the vehicle would not get any dragging effect until it was a few thousand feet above the surface. Traveling at warp speed~!
That's why some of the pics said to be from Mars could be from Arizona, where someone had accidently moved a rock.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
You do realise the parachute wasn't slowing the space craft down on its own? If we're still talking about Opportunity here, there were three rocket engines on board that fired to slow the descent. Each one produced approximately one ton of lifting force.

All the masses, dimensions, specifications etc of the Mars rovers are publicly available. NASA could hardly be more open about this. Anyone can do the calculations. (If you want to know all the ins and outs of the MER parachute, start here.)

Incidentally, what exactly do you think NASA would gain by landing a rover in Arizona? They are trying to find out about the geology and history of Mars!

edit on 18-5-2014 by Rob48 because: Added link

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
The mean density of the Martian atmosphere is 1% that of earths,? I'm still sceptical about the size of the parachute used to place the space craft on the surface. Did they use a parachute the size of a hundred tennis courts bearing in mind the size to do the same thing for a landing on earth would be about the size of one tennis court ,or is the Martian atmosphere denser than reported.

Don't forget the weaker gravity, that makes it easier to stop things from falling than on Earth.

How can the planet be hidden in dust storms, when their is hardly any atmosphere available to generate the wind movements.

That's because the dust is extremely fine, as you can see on the closer photos taken by the rovers.

That's why some of the pics said to be from Mars could be from Arizona, where someone had accidently moved a rock.

I doubt they are from Arizona, as the photos from Mars don't show the same signs of erosion as photos from Arizona and vice versa.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

So maybe it wasn't a rock! Michael E. Salla, Ph.D. ...

I stopped reading right there. Michael Salla is a nincompoop who keeps on writing total junk on Examiner.com about space, Mars in particular.

He wrote something the other week on the CYLINDRICAL UFOs PHOTOGRAPHED BY CURIOSITY!!!! — otherwise known as Phobos, as he would have known if he had done five minutes' research.

The man has no clue.

Remember in future, if you see the words "Michael E. Salla", stop reading and save your IQ from plunging.

Add also Richard C. Hoagland and most of "TheLivingMoon" stuff.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: anonentity
The mean density of the Martian atmosphere is 1% that of earths,? I'm still sceptical about the size of the parachute used to place the space craft on the surface. Did they use a parachute the size of a hundred tennis courts bearing in mind the size to do the same thing for a landing on earth would be about the size of one tennis court ,or is the Martian atmosphere denser than reported.

Don't forget the weaker gravity, that makes it easier to stop things from falling than on Earth.

How can the planet be hidden in dust storms, when their is hardly any atmosphere available to generate the wind movements.

That's because the dust is extremely fine, as you can see on the closer photos taken by the rovers.

I doubt they are from Arizona, as the photos from Mars don't show the same signs of erosion as photos from Arizona and vice versa.

Thanks for that, I read it...So the parachute was made of nylon, nylon melts at 213 degrees c. So they are telling us the vehicle had a heat shield to protect the vehicle. But a nylon parachute was left to feel the frictional heat of entry. They also say it was deployed by a mortar type arrangement at about five miles up. Which at that height is near vacuum on Mars. Say Martian gravity is a third of earth, if Earths accelerates a mass at 32 feet per second per second, then Mars would accelerate at approx. ten feet per second per second, and owing to the 1% of the atmospheres density compared to the Earths terminal velocity would be a hundreds of times faster.
They have spent billions on these programs, are we left to think that all the data put into the public arena, to friends as well as enemies, is some sort of philanthropic exercise, when the possible ownership of a new world which could be terra formed, is at stake.
Something still smells fishy.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
You should probably watch this animation since you don't seem to understand how much it slowed down before the parachute opened:

Mars rovers Spirit and Opportunity landing on Mars

I don't think the nylon was ever in danger of melting. With curiosity the speed when the parachute opened was roughly 1000 mph, and I don't remember the corresponding figure for Spirit and Opportunity, but it was probably in that neighborhood. To put it another way, the vast majority of the speed the spacecraft had on its trip to Mars was gone by the time the parachute opened.

edit on 18-5-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join