It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Nations Girl chooses traditional medicine over chemo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

Chemo kills at an alarming rate.

Cancer kills at very alarming rate.

Depending upon the type of cancer and the stage at which treatment begins, chemotherapy can be very effective. How many people die from cancer for which treatment was started too late? (Steve Jobs? For one?) Are you claiming that chemotherapy killed them? Not cancer?

It was effective for me. I had my last round of chemo 27 years ago. Chemo didn't kill me and my cancer didn't either, because it is gone. I know others who made a choice different from mine. They are dead.

edit on 5/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Are you claiming that chemotherapy killed them? Not cancer?

No not at all. In my post I was merely showing a personal experience of what had happened to my brother and Father. I know Chemo can and has worked for a lot of people but it didn't work for my brother. My father choose to take an alternative medicine, an oil that worked for him. When one sees first hand the damage it can do then it does really put you off, to try and look for alternatives, which, in my first hand experience worked extremely well without the need for heartache.

It was effective for me. I had my last round of chemo 27 years ago. Chemo didn't kill me and my cancer didn't either, because it is gone. I know others who made a choice different from mine. They are dead.

I'm happy for you, I really am and glad it worked for you and your here to tell the story.

Regards

Spiro

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Read the entire article.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I have faith in Chemo too... but its all about degrees as with everything else.

My mother is a breast cancer survivor and had chemo while working a full time job. She missed more work due to appointments, but with the anti nausea medication and other medicines to counteract the side effects of the chemo she was able to work pretty much full time through all of it.

My daughter had chemo AND radiation, she was a severe case in the beginning with an inoperable tumor the size of a large mans fist and more than one type of cancer cell. (they had a bunch of fancy words for it none of which I can or want to remember) They treated her aggressively... and she felt it. They had no choice, the situation called for it... but she did not handle it the way my mother did that is for sure.

Most of the most severe side effects were from the radiation damage and cancer verses the chemo though I think...although she was constantly sick - later to find a tumor in her stomach as well which is a contributing factor.

BUT - it depends on how aggressive the treatment is how the patient will handle it I believe. And all people regardless of age should be allowed to choose - ESPECIALLY if they are having a lot of really bad side effects from it.

edit on 17-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

I think we should hold our govts responsible for all the pollution that they sanction. This pandemic of cancer is fueled by their apathy towards corporate chemical waste. I think its high time we stop listening to them about anything and take the power and responsibility away from the feds and give it back to the states.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm happy for you, I really am and glad it worked for you and your here to tell the story.

Thank you.

But you did say "chemo kills at an alarming rate." It doesn't save everyone and its effects can be pretty bad but treatments and ameliorants have become a lot more refined in the decades since I went through it and it does save many.

It is cancer which has a high fatality rate, not chemotherapy. As I said, I know others who went the alternative route.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thank you.

But you did say "chemo kills at an alarming rate." It doesn't save everyone and its effects can be pretty bad but treatments and ameliorants have become a lot more refined in the decades since I went through it and it does save many.

It is cancer which has a high fatality rate, not chemotherapy. As I said, I know others who went the alternative route.

Cheers.

I should have said chemo killed my brother at an alarming rate. Some times frustration gets the better of me.

My father had worse cancer than my brother did.

Ya know, this is somewhat to emotional for me to get into the nitty gritty. I apologies for my incorrect choice of wording. I was just wanting to point out the differences in my own experience, that's all.

I think we can both agree that our own experiences have given us different paths of belief.

Kindest regards

Spiro

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
We don't have Children these days. We have little bundles of State Property we are entrusted with watching over for 18 years, so they can then serve the needs of the State for the future of the State. If we don't live up to the State's trust? They'll come take their property back from us and tell us we aren't parents anymore.

Welcome to the Global Village 2.0. Ain't it grand?

* I'd be happy to see this family disappear with their kid. Live in hell or die in a way of ones own choosing? Not for the Government to even HAVE an opinion on. Period.

Massachusetts was actually involved in a lawsuit where the school system's agenda was to become equal as parents in the raising of children.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Chemo kills at an alarming rate.

Cancer kills at very alarming rate.

Depending upon the type of cancer and the stage at which treatment begins, chemotherapy can be very effective. How many people die from cancer for which treatment was started too late? (Steve Jobs? For one?) Are you claiming that chemotherapy killed them? Not cancer?

The problem is that chemo is only effective against some cancers, and chemo has no positive effect on many cancers, yet is still given.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It is a quality of life issue. Even if chemo extends her life, is it worth it if the chemo made that extension of life unbearable?

Shorter happier live > longer miserable life.

I wouldn't take chemo for my self if I was in her shoes, and I would not force it on my children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join