It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US DEA doing drug busts I the UK!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't support what the US is doing its mission creep to the extreme, and is imperialism. We rule all was supposed to be sarcastic.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
So the guy is in trouble for red phosphorous which can be used as a catalyst in the synthesis of methamphetamine as well as many other legitimize chemical processes. Does this now mean that anyone who purchases large amounts of an acid, base, or solvent is now a meth cook suspect?

Since those charges do not make the guy sound like a big enough demon, they went ahead an accuse him of being a child molester and that justifies the DEA behaving like the world police. I really do not know the details of this case, but one would think if those charges were warranted, interpol would have gotten involved.

Its ironic eh?
UK gets accused of being a police state but in the USA you cant buy simple chemicals!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I suppose I should have thrown in anything else that is used as a catalyst in an AB redux, also makes one a meth cook suspect. Purchasing and possessing pure chemicals does not make a person meth cook. Had I made a purchase of those items I have listed, there is a high chance that the DEA will pay me a visit and I would likely be spending some time in jail while they try to coerce a confession and force me to become a CI to avoid prison time, even though those things alone can not make meth.

As a result of the War on Drugs, the 4th Amendment has been essentially nullified.

Crazy world we live in.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Well according to artcial the guy in question was not even allowed to have evidence presented from the USA in his extradition hearing.

For two country that pride themselves on fair trials and due process this takes the piss.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Seconded.

Apart from the implied violence bit...i'd settle for gimp suits and making them sing 'i'm a little tea pot'.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I don't support what the US is doing its mission creep to the extreme, and is imperialism. We rule all was supposed to be sarcastic.

Don't worry about it mate, we Brits get sarcasm...even if most yanks don't (sarcasm
)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I sort of knew your not serious.

Any American with any sort of reasoning skills will know this is wrong too and a waste of your police resources.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is good to know there are many other Americans who see the US in a more worldly view. Too many Americans can not see the big picture and will fall for any propaganda the DEA and it's alphabet friends throw out there. It does seem like slowly more are realizing what is really going wrong.

One frightening aspect of the DEA's war against the American people is how far their web of deep undercover agents and spies go. Very few realize how much we are spied upon.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
=

One frightening aspect of the DEA's war against the American people =.

Should say DEA war against the world.

And its bloody terrifying the US is abusing a piece of legislation designed originally for terrorism.

If the USA are prepared to misuse and lop sided extradition treaty that was originally mean to fight terrorism then can you trust them with the other draconian measures at there disposal too?
edit on 16-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

In my experience trust is something that is earned.

In the case of people in power, it should be given with both eyes wide open.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Look at the NSA they say"its only for terrorism"

But that what they said about or 2003 Extradition treaty.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
double post...
edit on 16-5-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

There was once a propaganda ad on mainstream television I witnessed during dubya Bush's presidency. It was an anti-drug ad that essentially said illegal drugs fund terrorism. Under this guise the NSA and DEA get to share intel.

We all know there is not much profiteering to be made chasing 'terrorist' in the US and around the world. Plenty to made in the drug game....
edit on 16-5-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Hmm..there's quite a bit of money to be made in the 'terrorism game' mate...trillions have been spent on it.

Between drugs, terrorism and climate the entire GDP of the world has been spent...somewhere.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

UK police attempt to use the terror laws willy nilly too.

Try to video them and the first thing they'l cite is terror legislation.

It's happening everywhere.

I s'pose at least our police aren't stockpiling billions of rounds of hollow points and thousands of tanks...yet.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Those trillions do not go to chasing around 'terrorists' like some would like you to believe. There certainly is profiteering going on in the there too.

The DEA actively chases 'drug suspects' all over the world. The cash and assets seized is enormous as is the value of drugs the seize. One would be a fool to think all that evidence gets destroyed when a case is closed and the big bad drug dealer is in prison(or back on the streets as an informant).

edit on 16-5-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Not only was he providing chemicals for meth production he is also a child molester.

Your welcome.

Hey you have guns!

Guns are illegal in the UK!

Should we try and extradite you?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Careful...I have seen two threads now deleted for carrying anti-us sentiment..it could also result in you being banned from posting. There are members on this site that do not understand that ATS is a global community and feel this site solely belongs to the US visitotrs that post here. Just a word of caution. You are right however in stating that the United States for all it's great attributes is starting to display with more ferocity the uglier ones.

Comment below me - case in point.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: sidenote rather than new reply.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Did your government allow our government to come in?
Is there an international agreement to put a stop to people who are involved in the manufacturing of dangerous drugs?

If the answer is yes to any or both then what's the problem?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Did your government allow our government to come in?
Is there an international agreement to put a stop to people who are involved in the manufacturing of dangerous drugs?

If the answer is yes to any or both then what's the problem?

lets take the secound part first

It is completely legal for UK citizen to buy and sell Red Phosphorus and Iodine, import and export it.
Under UK law the couple are innconet, hence no charges against them.

Sure its illegal in the USA, but they were not selling while in the USA!

It would be like my government arresting you for owning a gun as its illegal here.

There for although my government allowed it they shouldn't have as extraditing someone for a act which is not illgal on UK soil is wrong.

Let put it another way. Would you be happy if the UK extradited a US citizen for selling bullets to the UK while he was on US soil?

In my opinion is a material is illegal then it should be stopped on the border and either sent back or destroyed. It the not the responsibility of the seller to adhere to foreign import rules, that the buyer on that country soil responsibility.

If they had been selling while on US soil I would have had no issue with the extradition. Same as I have had no issue withe extradition and executions of UK citizens that have committed crimes actually on US soil.
edit on 16-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join