It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura for President!! NOT!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Sure this will get 404'd quite soon. I may even get banned. Don't care.

Jesse Ventura. Military veteran, pro wrestler, movie star, governor. Pretty impressive.

There have been arguments about Ventura's claims of being a Navy SEAL, and seeing combat in Vietnam. He served as a UDT combat diver, the precursor to what we know today as the Navy SEALs. For sure he was a bad mother-effer. Navy SEALs accept him as a part of their community. He did not see combat however and exaggerated his service claims.

He's also catching a good bit of flak from the SEAL community for requesting the wife of slain SEAL veteran Chris Kyle replace him as a defendant in his defamation case, which occurred when Kyle wrote about punching him at a bar at McP's, in Coronado. A wake was being held at the bar for a SEAL KIA, and Ventura was making inappropriate comments in front of the slain SEALs family. Kyle confronted him about it and ended up punching him. The fact that he's even still pursuing the case turns my stomach, and speaks to his true character.

I respectfully asked for his account of what happened in his AMA. My question was deleted and went unacknowledged.

Is this really somebody we want as President of the United States? I sure as hell don't.

Don't take my word for it on any of this, just head on over to socnet.com and ask a few SEALs for yourself.
edit on 16-5-2014 by oldetimehockey4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4
Sure this will get 404'd quite soon. I may even get banned. Don't care.

Jesse Ventura. Military veteran, pro wrestler, movie star, governor. Pretty impressive.

There have been arguments about Ventura's claims of being a Navy SEAL, and seeing combat in Vietnam. He served as a UDT combat diver, the precursor to what we know today as the Navy SEALs. For sure he was a bad mother-effer. Navy SEALs accept him as a part of their community. He did not see combat however and exaggerated his service claims.

He's also catching a good bit of flak from the SEAL community for requesting the wife of slain SEAL veteran Chris Kyle replace him as a defendant in his defamation case, which occurred when Kyle wrote about punching him at a bar at McP's, in Coronado. A wake was being held at the bar for a SEAL KIA, and Ventura was making inappropriate comments in front of the slain SEALs family. Kyle confronted him about it and ended up punching him. The fact that he's even still pursuing the case turns my stomach, and speaks to his true character.

Is this really somebody we want as President of the United States? I sure as hell don't.

Don't take my word for it on any of this, just head on over to socnet.com and ask a few SEALs for yourself.

Uh...what?
You forgot mayor but that is negligible to your saying there were no such group as the SEALs when Ventura served.
My father served in various roles through the Navy during the same period, time on two aircraft carriers as well as heading up a group of Riverines on a PT boat during two tours of Nam on the Mekong delta and river. And there were missions where SEAL units were involved as well as some time in Cambodia and some other things I shouldn't talk about.
He used to hang out with them. Smart as hell but crazy. One ate a dog turd on dare not for money, but because they were a little mental after all they had seen and done.
I trust my father who was knee deep in the # with them over some anonymous poster on ATS any day. Have a good weekend.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Never said he wasn't what he claimed to be. He was a UDT combat diver. He went through the hardest military training there is, and for THAT he has my utmost respect.

What's your father's name? You can pm me. Last name, class number please.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Is he even running? I haven't heard that.

If there is speculation about him running, I"m thinking that's just chatter to boost his Q rating and bring up his audience level. I"m sure there is no serious run in mind.

BTW ... I thought he was a good governor.
The TV show .. meh .. not so good.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
People that take Ventura seriously about being president, are almost as delusional as the people who still vote party lines over policy, and believe the two parties are working in their favor.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

True, but look at Reagan. Celebrity at the time, and probably got elected in a popularity contest. History repeats itself.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've heard it a few times, but this is more speculative than anything about people's true opinion on him taking a serious run. With his popularity and background, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

He just doesn't seem to be getting that much flak from his fans about what he's doing with his defamation case.

He doesn't seem any worse for the wear, so why not just be the bigger man and let it go?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4
True, but look at Reagan. Celebrity at the time, and probably got elected in a popularity contest. History repeats itself.

Reagan ... popular guy from California who made wholesome all American type movies.

Ventura ... hiding off the grid in Mexico and making dumb-ass TV shows that make no sense and have no basis in fact.

There is a lot of fodder to nail Ventura with in an election cycle.
If he had not done the TV show, then maybe he could run.
He did good while governor.
But the TV show reeks. And so does a lot of his subsequent interviewing ...

He can't get out off the bench .... heck, he isn't even in the ballpark.

Don't worry. Won't happen.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Good points. The only reason I see it feasible, as unlikely as it is, is our country's fascination with celebrities, and him having a conspiracy show, crappy or not, might make a lot of gullible people think he'd get in there and clean house, and expose all their lies.

I'm sure Carter gained more votes than some give it credit for when he was going on about disclosing the existence of ETs, or when everyone bought Obama's "change" campaign, for example. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4

All i can say is Mr Ventura seems like a far better Man for the job than the current bloke occupying the post!

Then again, he would need to come back to the grid to become president.

edit on 16-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4

He has explained this many times. Kyle did nothing but lie about Ventura in the book and Ventura's claims are backed up by many people including the bar owner. The reason why Kyle's wife is being sued is because she is the executor of the estate. Also why should she profit from her husbands lie? Ventura offered to drop the lawsuit all Kyle had to do was admit it was a lie but Kyle refused because he was being given tons of free publicity by right wing media sources. A quick check into Kyle's background will show anyone that Kyle was a well known liar. He lied about kill two guys that was trying to steal his truck and about shooting 100 people after hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't get it, what exactly happened at that bar? Could you be little bit more specific?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Reagan ... popular guy from California who made wholesome all American type movies.

Reagan.. mediocre actor that made bad B movies. The only reason he got any attention is because he sold out to big business.

There is a lot of fodder to nail Ventura with in an election cycle.

If this is true then he never would have been elected Governor. Perhaps you can show some of this fodder.

But the TV show reeks. And so does a lot of his subsequent interviewing ...

He is better at giving interviews than anyone at FOX.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
I don't get it, what exactly happened at that bar? Could you be little bit more specific?

Supposedly Ventura was talking bad about Seals that have been killed during this war on terror so Kyle knocked him out.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
If this is true then he never would have been elected Governor.

As I said, he was a good governor. I"m talking about after he was Governor. That TV show of his .. his 'off the grid' living in Mexico ... lots of crap like that are great fodder for those who would campaign against him. As for your FOX comment ... that was oddly out of place. It doesn't change the fact that his show was CRAP.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think it's kind of a silly moot point. Ventura as President has as much chance as electing myself or someone else on this thread. Zero....and then take a few points off that for general form.

It couldn't happen on a bet, on the best day, if we were all just joking. Why?

Jesse Ventura is human. He's actually LIVED a LIFE and not just hidden in abject terror of offending someone or getting a mark on his 'record' because some nameless or faceless "them" didn't like him. I doubt he's ever cowered behind a keyboard, under some assumed name, making wild claims or wild assertions to feel better. That makes him somewhat different in the growing population of "I could have....." instead of the previous generations of "I DID....".

It also means the man isn't perfect, to have skeletons enough to populate a movie theater with standing room only for a showing of his life in review. Many of us could say similar things, although I'd imagine the Governor's past is for better reasons than most, in how it came to be.

Whatever the case... In the meat grinder of US Presidential Politics? He'd last a week or less, is my guess ...despite that fact, I'd not only vote for him, I'd campaign for him myself.

Compared to who we have now??? President Ventura would get my vote. He might even get it twice! (wicked grin)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

Not trying to be rude, but I thought it was explained fairly well. To be slightly more thorough, a SEAL was killed in action, and his wake was being held by his family and teammates at a bar frequented by SEALs. Ventura was there, and while I can't prove exactly what he said, Kyle claimed he was saying very inappropriate things about the war and SEALs in front of the slain SEALs family. Kyle confronted him, and punched him. Ventura denies this.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Please show me where the bar owner claimed this. As for Kyle lying about what happened with Ventura, you can ask people who would directly know, the SEALs, at socnet.com.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Evenin',

Ventura for Prez?
When my choices are another Bush or Clinton then you're damn skippy I'd vote for Ventura...in a freakin' heartbeat.

-Peace-
edit on 16-5-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I like Ventura but i think he is part of the Punch and Judy show that includes Alex Jones and David Icke someone is pulling the strings somewhere with those people

You do not get on t.v unless you are owned

that is my 2 cents

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join