It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil Unveils 'Robocop' Suit For Super-Elite World Cup Police Unit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Is it my poor eyesight or is that guys neck exposed, because well, his neck is not fireproof.

The picture appears to me to have an exposed neck.

Anyone?

P

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You sure this is for the cops and not the tourist visiting Brazil.? Do a Brazil liveleak search and you would want to wear this before visiting.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
..can they still spell out YMCA in all that gear?

YVAN EHT NIOJ

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Well as a long time Fallout fan. I have to say I love it....

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa

Good point. Also, All that body armor and nothing protecting the bicepts, inside of the arms, the arm pits, the thighs, the groin, the inguinal fold, neck. Slow unable to counter people flanking them when they swing their baton.

Anyone with a knife and a few lessons would make short work of this guy in that suit.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

It definatly has some weaknesses. I bet you cant see very well and yeah its flame resistant the man insode will still cook.

One of my favorite sayings the bigger they are the harder they fall. One cop in this suit could not go up against 5 Pissed off civilians.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It`s not that I never adhere to NWO signs and all but, being true to my name, I will talk to you about a primal part about human psychology...

Let`s say, 2 bouncers work in a night club;
1- He`s tall, muscular, no martial arts training, smokes a pack a day.
2- He`s short, black belt in 2 martial arts, in shape.

Of course, statically, bouncer number 2 will get the job done probably better than bouncer number 1. But because of basic mob mentality, have 2x bouncer number 1 would actually result in less fighting overall because people usually don`t fear short men and are not afraid to stand up against them. I have experienced this fact dozens of times.

Psychologically, I see it like being a good idea to have an overpoweringly equipped police force as it will only help calm the mob mentality of the majority...of course some people will react the other way around but it`s a minority.
edit on 16-5-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hoooo how great that is! In a place that people still die from deceases that are erradicated of the civilized world, how amazing that is? having a new robocop suit to expell people from their homes because they are poor and will be a embarassment for Brasil in the worl cup... Sorry but shame on them!!!

revolution-news.com...
edit on 8340231x0000001502pm531 by Bitxushanty because: Bad English writing

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I don't even know what to say anymore. If the state needs this kind of gear to protect its protectors from the people they're supposedly protecting...

Forget it. How do people not see what's happening? Sith Lord cops are working crowd control in Brazil now.

clearly, you've never been to, or seen the world cup.....

riots can get BAD..

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Soccer fans. We're talking about soccer fans, not the gnarliest badasses around. I understand they can get a bit rowdy sometimes, but this is sheer insanity. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you think that a Brazilian soccer fan cannot get violent...

www.nydailynews.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

Nothing to worry about as they are just soccer fans..

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

clearly, you've never been to, or seen the world cup.....

riots can get BAD..

No, I can't stand soccer.

But the people who go to these games surely know what they're getting into, no? If I should know, then they should definitely know. And the people with enough coin to travel there should also know.

So a riot wouldn't exactly surprise anyone. They're obviously willing to take the risk.

It then comes down to being more concerned with the cops safety than with that of the people, which brings us again back to the point:

Something is seriously wrong when the cops know they'll have to dress up like video game villains to protect themselves from their own citizenry.

Maybe it's the game of soccer itself that's the problem. It might be so boring that the fans get violent just to have something to do.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

lol, i can't stand it either....i don't understand pro sports....not in that i don't understand the rules and gameplay, that i get...i don't understand why people enjoy watching them so much, or take it so seriously...i think it has something to do with the "club" mentality...kinda like religion, or politics..people feel like they need to belong to something.. whatever.

anyway, it's the cop's job to keep the rowdy fans from destroying the stadium and surrounding town, so i suppose if they need that much protection, to ensure they aren't trampled to death in the process, then whatever...

i don't see anything particularly nefarious in play here...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

it is pretty awesome tho you gotta admit. the capabilities that are coming out are near magic. combine those sunglasses with the armor and boom you got yourself a serious little police officer. now lets just hope its all used for the proper reasons.

chances are it will get abused but i doubt to the level that people are afraid of, i figure in order to get the narliest cop in town to nock your door down you probably gotta be the narliest A$$ho%#. lesson learned dont try to be "king of the favela" or whatever and brazil robo cop won't come knock down your shack.

Ignorant rubbish. Do you know how many favel residents who have nothing to do with drug or it's dealers get brutalized, bullied, and murdered by the government and it's police force each year, and with support of the rest of the ignorant Brazilian population who are not poor?

www.economist.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join