It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waking Life...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Since I have watched the movie, I have somewhat gain more reasoning and awareness to such a thing that has commonly occured in my life over the years.

I would like to know more about the Waking Life, and there seems to be some acknowledgeable people posting on this board.

Also I have encountered some really interesting things in my dreams.

I recall a while back in a dream that i have had, that I was reading some sort of ancient language in my sleep, I vaguely remember the symbols and lettering I was reading, but the thing that amazes me is that there is a chance that it could have been an actual language I didnt know in my waking life but some how I knew it in my sleep.

I haven't had the dream since then, and wish I could understand it alot better.
Has anyone had a similar experiance?

As far as the Waking Life movie, I thought it was one the best movies I had seen. The content that was expressed was idepth and very interesting, I have yet to grasp some of it, but plan to do so.

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by OverStand]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I don't remember a whole lot of that movie. It tripped me out a little but I want to see it again.

Peace

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   
One the best scenes is when the guy was on top of the pole and the group of men were passing by.

Another was when the guy set himself on fire.

I think I will watch that movie very soon again.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I had this discussion with a fellow chatter.. No we weren't drunk or drugged.

Your going to need an opened mind for this .....

We believe that each person has had a previous life before and sometimes when we have dreams .. like Overstands ... we are actually having visions of the life we used to have .. whether it be 50 years ago or 1,000,000 years it still comes back to us as a reminder of what and who we once were. Now when we die as such, we are placed back into the "collective" [area of all the dead people] waiting for our time to come back to life through another set of parents...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I do have an open mind, and I have read about this past life thing. Being that I have an open mind I find contradictions to this at the same time take it into consideration with experiances....

If this were the case, what about all the soldiers that died in the world wars in the early-mid 1900's? Or the people who died in the Holocaust....

Wouldnt there be a sudden population explosion if that were the case?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverStand
I recall a while back in a dream that i have had, that I was reading some sort of ancient language in my sleep, I vaguely remember the symbols and lettering I was reading, but the thing that amazes me is that there is a chance that it could have been an actual language I didnt know in my waking life but some how I knew it in my sleep.
[Edited on 27-5-2003 by OverStand]

I too have had dreams where I can understand languages that i can not speak. I have written down some of the words that I was speaking and to my amazement, they really are words in the Polish language.

Any dream experts in here?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The language I read or spoke in the dream seemed to resemble that of the old Aramaic or Hebrew language. Which is something I found very interesting.
I guess I was to amazed to write down what I saw. I really wish I could have though....but it seems I was only meant to remember it for now....

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Overstand,

Since I can relate to your experience, I decided to research this a little more than before. Here is a link I found interesting. What you experienced is call Xenoglossy. More info soon....

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by 29MV29]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here is a link that explains xenoglossy a little

Let me know if you find anything else on this subject as I too am extremely interested

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's been a while but I caught part of this movie a while ago and it had some great ideas and really made it fun to explore some of their possibilities...

Back to Assassain's idea about dreams and being like visions or replays of past lives...and to the fact that when we die we return back to the collective....I've also contemplated something close to this....Getting around the problem with population explosion because of wars or the holocaust I think may be just the fact that it's not quite that specific in numbering exact lives. Since what we are really saying is that returning to the collective is really like our souls or our life force (energy) returning...and since in physics the law is that energy can neither be created or destroyed but only change form (or something to that effect, I can look up the exact def. if needed) let's just say that our energy returns and mashed into the mix. When we are reborn maybe it's not exactally all of just one of us but maybe bit's of many of us that are reborn. This would fuse the past lives of many different kinds making a much more creative variety. And would also mean the death and birth rate wouldn't have to be in exact relation with each other. Maybe still the reason past lives seem to be more evident and past knowlege more accurate for some is because the new reborn did have a large amount of one past life mixed in, while others have so many little pieces that they only get small seeminly unrelated pieces of many lives.....I hope that all made some sense...I typed it kinda fast....What do you guys think???

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
mOjOm,

Here is an old topic of discussion regarding energy being created or destroyed.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's an idea with a few different yet similar viewpoints, I'll check it out...

I know what I wrote was slightly off topic....I just kinda lost control exploring Assasains' life after death idea...

Back to this movie though...I'm wondering if I could maybe snag a copy of it from Kazza??? There are some of the clips in .mov format at the main site for Waking Life.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I did donwload it off Kazaa in a Divx format, but I liked the movie so much I just whent on ebay and bought if for $10 and that included shipping.

As far as the energy thing goes, I can understand those laws to an extent and know what the deal is.

But the deal with the collective and past lives, im still stuck in wonder. For the simple fact I just don't have any writtings, evidence or anything that could explain somewhat of what I would like to know. I appreciate the responses however.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I just went and snagged Waking Life of Kazaa. I forgot how insightful and interesting it was. I had only seen it once before and didn't even catch all of it. Some of the rants sounds like some of the posters around here in fact. I'm really interested in the Lucid Dreaming part though....I need to learn to do that!!! I've been close a few times but never with much control as I always seem to wake myself cause I get excited about the fact that I realize I'm dreaming and start becoming lucid. But I'll just have to keep trying I guess....

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've always loved the arguements...

Personally, I've had several dreams that could be "past lives" and they are extremely distinct, and separate. I won't go into the details, suffice to say I wasn't famous in any of them (bah!). Later, these were "confirmed" through both ouija and automatic writing to myself, including learning of a few of which I had not dreamt.

As for the arguements though... my belief is that there is a kind of "collective" so to speak....a sort of Universal entity of being...and we can fragment from it, and rejoin it, as we see fit (when not in a "physical" form). I believe there is a progression of sorts, from the lowliest of souls, to the strongest of souls (for lack of a better word than soul). Just as new souls are coming into existence, old ones either return in physical forms, exist in a ghostlike state, have fun in their own little pocket dimension for a time (Heaven), or simply join the Universe permanently. Therefore, the arguements of population explosion, finite souls, etc. are moot.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

As for the arguements though... my belief is that there is a kind of "collective" so to speak....a sort of Universal entity of being...and we can fragment from it, and rejoin it, as we see fit

Very interesting Gazrok. Why do you feel this way?
And have you ever heard of the superstring theory?
If not here is a link.

I feel I have to explain a little more. If you dig a little further on superstring theory you'll find that scientist think that they are made up of all dimensions, like a collective, mixing up and creating different things. Hopefully you get the gist of it. If not i'll try explaining it better.

[Edited on 28-5-2003 by 29MV29]

top topics

join