It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fools of Fascism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I found this well written and insightful article on "fascism".

truth-out.org...

Here is a peek:

There is no thinking in fascism, but there is reason. This country and that community had inflicted harm on you once upon a time, in the distant past. That harm has to be avenged. It is a carefully selective story of harm, where only the harm of the other country and community is registered and one's own forgotten. Fascism's memory is selective amnesia that enables perpetrators to play victims. The cunning of reason is used to create a shadowy nexus between history and reason where history replaces, becomes and drives reason. And what is history? It is the unending craving for conquest, for power, for humiliating others. So history cannot be solved by more history. The violence of history can only be redeemed by reconciling antagonisms without the philosophy of war. But to end war will require the risks and pains of nonviolence, movements against greed and accumulation - in other words, thinking against history. But fascists are not interested in that kind of thinking because they are not interested in thinking itself. Fascist reason is historical pride and hatred masquerading as reason. It is a reasoning trapped by what does not allow it to be reason that can think. If reason cannot think, and yet becomes a reason for people to follow, it becomes a monster and turns people into monsters. Fascism is the monster of reason.

and concludes:

There is, however, one kind of adult whose interest lies in remaining infantile: businessmen, or corporates. There is no greater infantile passion than the passion for profit. So corporates are the natural allies of fascism. Fascism needs corporates to create huge spectacles of profit and prosperity for the elite majority, which will obliterate the ghettoes of butchered minorities. The willing fools of fascism, the avaricious middle class, will donate its money to these spectacles and feel enriched.

As a young person, growing up around the world as part of US empire, I always said "It could never happen here (meaning in the US), well my mother and father, who both lived through the depression and WWII near violently would always correct me with the FACTS that our type of representative government is eminently conducive to "fascism". That the Weimar Republic had much in common with our system. Well I have always been hard headed but they were patient and consistant (and I learned to read) and I finally stopped growing my own personal "US exceptionalism".
edit on 15-5-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

There is no greater infantile passion than the passion for profit.

maybe an even more "infantile" passion is when you are broke and want "assistance".

is there a link to this story? Is this it? Fools of Fascism

interesting to see some responses ....

edit on May-15-2014 by xuenchen because: Is it "Left-Wing" fascism?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, of course:

truth-out.org...

Thank you...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Very fascist of you to single out the corporate heads and the "middle class"....my only conclusion is that you want them annihilated. Way to point fingers of blame, use fake "history" by invoking a delusional "US empire", and toss in a mom n pops story to try to make it sound grassrootsy.

Seig heil heir goosestepper..... seig heil

In reality the signature you have bares no resemblance to the current situation.....Individuals or groups do not own govt, on the contrary govt owns General Motors, Health Care, mortgages etc. That is the opposite of Roosevelt's description of Fascism.

What we really have going on is Communism but false propaganda pieces like this mask it by calling it Fascism. The bigger the lie the easier to decieve still gets peddled to the masses.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Its psycopathy as an ideology, thats all it is. If Fascism was a person, it would be a psychopath. And most likely, it was created by a psychopath to justify their reasoning of the world. A lot of CEO's and politicians are, you guessed it, psychopaths, so of course they are going to fall in love with it. When you dig down to the root of these things, then they become not so desirable unless you're already screwed up in the head.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Government ownes business - that's a new one.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Government ownes business - that's a new one.

Your ignorance must truly be bliss

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Can you tell me what you believe are the differences between communism and fascism, as I'm confused by your interpretations?

top topics

join