It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Proton rocket carrying advanced satellite crashes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Sounds good!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
www.armscontrol.org...

Against a potential rudimentary, but growing, ICBM threat from North Korea, Iran, and Iraq, a boost-phase system would destroy the missiles during the firing of the second or third stage of a three-stage ICBM. Instead of an interval of 20 minutes or more during which the warhead is coasting in space toward its target in the United States, a boost-phase intercept would need to be conducted within the 250-second burn time of an ICBM.5 But that is possible.

I think it is pretty clear at this point. This is a tit for tat. So we can not use your cheap rockets for our missions then we show everyone how unreliable they are. Just a crazy conspiracy theory I am sure, right?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sourcecontroller
www.armscontrol.org...

Against a potential rudimentary, but growing, ICBM threat from North Korea, Iran, and Iraq, a boost-phase system would destroy the missiles during the firing of the second or third stage of a three-stage ICBM. Instead of an interval of 20 minutes or more during which the warhead is coasting in space toward its target in the United States, a boost-phase intercept would need to be conducted within the 250-second burn time of an ICBM.5 But that is possible.

I think it is pretty clear at this point. This is a tit for tat. So we can not use your cheap rockets for our missions then we show everyone how unreliable they are. Just a crazy conspiracy theory I am sure, right?

yep and only 2 days after donald rumsfeld said he would audit the pentagon and see where 25% of there lost money went a "plane" Hit the room that held the records ole rumsfeld was talking about killing all the civilian auditors..... just a crazy conspiracy... nothing to see here.

i wonder how they are doing it??

lets ponder on that one? laser? kinetic projectile? couldnt be an explosive i dont think, would be traceable and recognizable.

im voting smallllll but super super fast rail gun or possibly laser, the stuff I've seen lasers burn up takes a pretty long time so idk if i can really think laser, il say if they got some top secret laser then laser but with current public tech it couldnt be a laser i dont think? could it?

a small (relative term) Rail gun projectile could get traveling at a very very great deal of speed if its made of the right material and fired from a rail gun.

OOOOO i just had a thought.... and sorry i type like a constant stream of consciousness but I've found it to be the most effective way for me to get ideas out, kinda jumpy sometimes but you can always bet its honest.

BUT YA that thought i had.

CHAMP, boeing EMP cruise missle.

i imagine a directed EMP burst would probably be pretty devastating to a rocket while its launching? are they emp shielded to be in space? probably not the launch vehicle tho? its a thought i guess.

what do you guys think?
edit on 16-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Lol good luck with that moon base, Russia.. It'll be Sochi all over again

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

I really hope it wasn't a deliberate attack. I can really only think of a few modern nations that would even dare do such a thing to Russia, and even less of them have any real motive to do so.

If it turns out Some nation was behind the destruction of this rocket, this is an outright act of war and you better #ing believe Russia would react with the utmost force.

And if it was the US who did it Russia is about out of luck as Ukraine is over the Crimea.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609 I think Putin's mission is to wear out nationalism in Russia. If you use nationalism too much it is like fapin in that while it initially feels good if it is done to much its just not fun anymore. Nationalism gets tired if used too much and that is his job. Rout out the last of Russian national pride and nationalism and get the federation in line for a world order.

edit on 16-5-2014 by sourcecontroller because: word substitution for accurate meaning. Spell check fail.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to blame the US for a Russian screw up.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sourcecontroller
a reply to: mindseye1609 I think Putin's mission is to wear out nationalism in Russia. If you use nationalism too much it is like fapin in that while it initially feels good if it is done to much its just not fun anymore. Nationalism gets tired if used too much and that is his job. Rout out the last of Russian national pride and nationalism and get the federation in line for a world order.

US's nationalism is pretty well toast already. Occupy wall street and all the other nonsense people are stirring up. id see a huge majority of our country gladly jump on board with a new world paradigm if it promised enough magic and mumbo jumbo.

all the while the vatican starts embracing aliens! prep much?

Who are we to close doors!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to blame the US for a Russian screw up.

i spose we should all slow down for a second on blaming the US. Who else would have the capability and the want to do this? just us I'm pretty sure?

if it was just a #ty mistake then no biggy, that happens in russia ALL THE TIME. no one wants to come talk in forums about how some ruskie pocketed the extra money for O-ring upgrades and the rocket blew up.

its much more fun to contemplate that the Boeing EMP cruz missile put a nice bruise in russia's rib cage courtesy good ole black eyed USA.

by looking over history as well, odds are alot of the major "Mistakes" are far far far from a mistake. so many nerds with so many nifty little skills working for various 3 letter agencies could really make some interesting things happen if ordered to do so.

just imagine militarily speaking what Glonassus would do for Russia too. it would give them their own GPS system separate from the USA's. I'm sure the GPS is one of the first to go private secure in the scenario of a major war. this satellite was the last one to complete the golassus system.... hmm ya i doubt we did anything about that.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Yeah my point was people are quick to blame the US simply because they A - hate the US or B - Don't think Russia is capable of making mistakes. The latter being the more likely of the positions and based solely on the fact that at the height of the cold war and space race Russia was called the Soviet Union and accounts of their disasters rarely made the news because they had an image to protect.

Like the US, Russia has had its share of rocket failures. They have had a strong of failures the last few years, something people are either ignorant about or just don't know.

Absent evidence to the contrary this was a Russian FUBAR all on their own. If people wish to blame the Us then they should also support the claim with those pesky things called facts.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609 One of the purposes of an unjust war sold as a just cause is to wear out nationalism, this happened in Russia with their Afgan invasion. The US copies this nationalism draining method against the patriotic fervor they implanted in previous generations for nationalistic wars abroad. The controllers of the society know that in order to achieve ambivalence or reeducation in nationalism they must make the nationalist lose faith in the previous system. This previous nationalist indoctrination system which was useful to previous system controllers is now obsolete. Those with the now obsolete source control programs embedded in their hardware will be eventually deleted. Nationalism is slated to be replaced with globalism on a world wide basis. The whole of the human resource reconditioning budget is dedicated to this practice.

edit on 27-5-2014 by sourcecontroller because: added the word human

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sourcecontroller
wow...

Completely off base without anything to support the position.

I think the American people have been very vocal about the wars our government has engaged in.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: sourcecontroller
wow...

Completely off base without anything to support the position.

I think the American people have been very vocal about the wars our government has engaged in.

As if vocal outcries by the public in any way affect the course of events in American society. That is a truly naive position to hold in this debate don't you think? The American public opinion is fully pacified by the source controllers on this subject I assure you. Go back to sleep America the government is here to help you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join