It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Proton rocket carrying advanced satellite crashes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
rt.com...

A Russian Proton-M rocket with an advanced satellite on board crashed outside of Kazakhstan's territory on Friday, about nine minutes after lift-off. The Express-AM4R would have been Russia’s most advanced and powerful satellite.

Hmmm...coincidence?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: princeofpeace

possible computer attack? crashing the most advanced rocket and satellite would be an epic jab by some NSA or CIA type.

anything big like this needs to come into question, hell even fukishima could of been a deliberate action now a days. everything is so networked it wouldnt be hard to crank up the pressure in some chamber or to turn off some valve that makes a rocket fail.

any other news out there on what happened? RT is pretty brief.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oooopsy....

I'll bet that represents more than a couple paychecks to cover. Ouch. Who forgot to check which part?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
LOL. Bad quality control if thats the case.

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Oooopsy....

I'll bet that represents more than a couple paychecks to cover. Ouch. Who forgot to check which part?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nesws today was Russia was going to stop rocket exports to the US. Looks like good timing LOL

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This happened last year, too. I started a thread on it but it got nixed…

Heres the July, 2013 crash on liftoff of the other Proton, It was also carrying (3) satellites.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This happened last year, too. I started a thread on it but it got nixed…

Heres the July, 2013 crash on liftoff of the other Proton, It was also carrying (3) satellites.

looks like we might have there number on proton launches?

maybe russia tries one analog and offline? if thats even possible anymore?

i know people just suck at building super awesome rockets at times even us but this is there "most advanced" and "most advanced satellites" i cant think they would send them up if they weren't sure they were gonna make it (minus US meddling)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Did nobody see the video of the supposed craft interacting with this rocket shortly before it exploded in flames?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SenterSun
Did nobody see the video of the supposed craft interacting with this rocket shortly before it exploded in flames?

uhhh ya cause it was on CNN just a minute ago...... link or embed would be nice! is there a million dash cam angles of this one blowing up to compare if they all caught the craft? i cant imagine to many people driving around kazakstan rocking dash cams lol.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Oh ok cool, it's probably the same video. I recall the Chelyabinsk meteor though, and the obvious projectile that exploded it, one in Scottsdale last month with several eye witnesses saying something else flew in and hit the meteor.......some wierd stuff going on in the 'high speed intercept' category, seems like to me, but maybe that's just me...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

i can't think they would send them up if they weren't sure they were gonna make it (minus US meddling)

That did come to mind…

Three launch failures, by the way.. The one last year was carrying three satellites to complete the Russian version of GPS independent of the US one already up there. Same with the one in 2010.

Heres a CNN from last year on the 2013 and 2010 crash.

CNN article from 2013

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Oh ok cool, it's probably the same video. I recall the Chelyabinsk meteor though, and the obvious projectile that exploded it, one in Scottsdale last month with several eye witnesses saying something else flew in and hit the meteor.......some wierd stuff going on in the 'high speed intercept' category, seems like to me, but maybe that's just me...

i was being facetious lol. i havent seen and since this is the only thread on ATS about the topic I doubt many others HERE have seen it either. link it up or embed it for us. i just looked for it to no avail so help a brother out.

i too agree that there may be something going on in the "high speed intercept" category at the moment.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I really hope it wasn't a deliberate attack. I can really only think of a few modern nations that would even dare do such a thing to Russia, and even less of them have any real motive to do so.

If it turns out Some nation was behind the destruction of this rocket, this is an outright act of war and you better #ing believe Russia would react with the utmost force.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: princeofpeace

It sucks since I am sure we as a species could use all the satellites and resources possible in space, BUT considering how Russia was holding their current orbital launch business over our collective heads...I say LOL

Karma is a bitch and life is funny sometimes.

4 is the charm?

EDIT:
And to all those proclaiming the power and might of Russia....yes, they shall lead us into the future indeed.

If NASA is out of the picture and this is all we have left, maybe we are safer staying on earth until we all kill each other...

edit on 5 16 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I certainly hope there is no US meddling. I had implied the US was the only one I actually can see daring to do so, or having absolutely any motive to do so.

How ever, given the growing tension between the US and Russia this would be an absolute hay-maker as far an act of war. Russia would respond most likely swiftly and ruthlessly. It would be the single boldest, dumbest move the US would have ever made.

Let's simply hope, those in charge of that potential aren't that #ing stupid.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

I really hope it wasn't a deliberate attack. I can really only think of a few modern nations that would even dare do such a thing to Russia, and even less of them have any real motive to do so.

If it turns out Some nation was behind the destruction of this rocket, this is an outright act of war and you better #ing believe Russia would react with the utmost force.

thats the beauty of cyber warfare, very very impossible to track. even if they had an eye witness that says they SAW some one hack the rocket launch would russia be willing to wage war on that??? you know they are going through THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of proxies for something like that. they would spend so long tracking it that the act becomes invalid by the time they ever make headway.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i also just thought even in a cyber attack if the some one said IT WAS YOU USA!!! we would just say we were framed... its a very new area to commit crimes in that people dont know who to believe yet. i see us using that alot.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Here ya go...there is another Russian version of same video with people speaking Russian in the background.

m.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Here ya go...there is another Russian version of same video with people speaking Russian in the background.

m.youtube.com...

il give the dude credit. its definitely a pretty good video to get excited over. he's very very excited too lol. I'm trying to find other stuff on it but he seems to be the only one with it so far and thats a very low quality upload (or the 1080p isnt done decoding yet, which tends to happen on youtube, takes a few days to read 1080P quality)

once i see some HQ versions and am able to really see what the pixel shift looks like and all that fun zoomy zoom stuff il letcha know what i think but until then i gotta just stay skeptical but intrigued.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join