It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO Takes Down Russian Rocket'....Or?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: ishum

There was a video from way back with a military missile launch camerman from the 70's or 80's commenting on something his team picked up on their high speed cameras while filming a missile test launch at white sands...said an unidentified object swept into shot, very fast speed, and flew alongside the missile for a few seconds, then shot some kind of energy or beam weapon at the missile, then flew on by...the missile was disabled moment later. He remarked the thing that interacted with the missile flew so fast as to almost make the missile look like it was standing still...

Sounds very similar to what is going on in this clip......

Was that something like this?

www.csicop.org...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
However, your statements......Jesus.....I swear it seems most people when they step outside at night must be too busy looking at their feet and not the night sky......

This is embarrassing you don't even know me and you're judging me already..

But let me tell you, even the video that phage uploaded or the ones from the OP, none, i say again, none of them you can sea a star blink/shine or planet. Yet, somehow, one of those videos two seconds before the failure, we can see a DARK object (no blink whatsoever) moving in rocket direction.
if that isn't enough, the timing of the cross paths from both objects happens in the moment of the failure...and for me this coincidence/probability doesn't fit on optical illusions...

can point one or two visible stars/planets in those videos? with a clear sky, the quality of those videos and numerous known stars on space, that should be easy, do you agree?
edit on v2014144America/ChicagoFri, 16 May 2014 16:04:00 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

But let me tell you, even the video that phage uploaded or the ones from the OP, none, i say again, none of them you can sea a star blink or planet.

The video we are talking about is very zoomed in on the rocket, a narrow field of view. Here is a wider field of view of another launch. Go to about 3:40 to start seeing some stars.

Yet, somehow, one of those videos two seconds before the failure, we can see a DARK object
I see no dark object. But you don't seem to understand that the actual failure occurred after the rocket had flown out of sight. The failure was in the third stage. The third stage fires about 6 minutes after launch, when the rocket is hundreds of miles downrange. In the video you can see the first stage separation occur at two minutes into the flight, about a minute after the star is seen. Nothing can be seen happening "two seconds before the failure" because the failure does not appear in the video. What we see in the video is a rocket behaving normally, just like the one in the video I posted earlier.
coopi.khrunichev.ru...

edit on 5/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The second video is pure BS. The first just shows something go by, not hit it.
The second video shows that the second stage actually lit up, so the first stage wasn't hit...
Neither video showed the rocket failing...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
This is the best video I could find:

Something obviously hit the rocket, it explodes exactly as the object passes it, there's no way in hell that's a star. It may have possibly been a meteorite, but the chances of that happening are absolutely astronomical and there are more probable explanations. This rocket was apparently carrying one of the most advanced satellites ever made by Russia, it's not a stretch of the mind to think it may have been shot down by someone who didn't want to let it get into orbit. All the evidence is pointing exactly that way. In fact it's more rational to assume it was shot down then to assume it was struck by a meteorite, if you want to go by probabilities alone. And the fact that this is the second time they've failed to get a satellite like this into space just adds to the suspicious nature of this rocket failure. Someone obviously doesn't want Russia to get this satellite into space.

I agree and I don't mind if the US did it, though I am curious to know what was with that satellite that shouldn't have gone in orbit?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There are some spectacular videos from the Altai Region of the discarded second stage burning up against a predawn sky. I can't get the rutube.ru URLs myself, can somebody go over there and look?

Here's the youtube view:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-5-2014 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

But you don't seem to understand that the actual failure occurred after the rocket had flown out of sight.

Something hit it, messed with it after some time so it looks as if the rocket had its own problem, cause if it exploded at the time of hit - would be obvious.

What. you cant believe it can be hit by some device that makes it go crash after some time, as if it happened by itself?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

There are no videos from May 2014 of Proton

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just for ur records, it was not a Russian but a european satellite. Russia is just the super power in space programs, because even nasa is using Russian bases and stations for their programs.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
S&F!

I was not able to discern what the guy in the video was talking about!

So I have watched the Youtube video embedded in the OP at Youtube in big screen view and I noticed something at the start of the 1min 27sec mark and so I took a screen grab of that ...

And I advanced the vid by quickly unpausing and pausing again and I took the following screen grabs ...

It appears to impact the vehicle in the above frame ... and it immediately vanishes and the next frames show the rockets exhaust visibly change its output ...

I therefor, at face value of the evidence presented before me in the OP, find the claim to be credible so far!

However I would speculate that this was a directed energy weapon as that is what my instincts are telling me.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It was just a communication satellite for remote regions to get Internet access. And if there was a secret cargo or any secret capability other than just Internet access, the Russians would have came out and told us all about their top secret projects. Cmon you guys, use common sense...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I don't think some of you understand how these rockets operate....or physics, for that matter. The failure in fact happened after the rocket was not in view. The imaginary "hit" you people are seeing, would have destroyed it at the speeds it was traveling. Angle and velocity are crucial in order for a rocket like this to escape the gravitational pull and get into a steady orbit.....this imaginary "hit" would not have caused a delayed reaction or malfunction, but would have nudged it enough to bring it down right then and there, if not completely obliterate it. Please use common sense. There's no UFO, folks.
edit on 16-5-2014 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Oh and if it didn't impact the rocket directly, then there's no way it could effect it in any way. Things that don't touch things don't effect things. For example, if someone were to chuck a live grenade through your bedroom window, unless you are actually touching the grenade, you have Nothing to worry about. Or if an EMP device were to go off in your vicinity, unless that EMP device is actually physically touching your cell phone, or a major power station, neither will be effected in any way. Same goes with any exotic military technologies not revealed to the public. It's just science.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Your sarcasm is embarrassing. You must be one of those tin foil hat peeps who never studied science or physics past the 6th grade & think every light in the sky is alienz. Please stop making a fool of yourself.

EDIT: And just for sh--- & giggles, please explain how a missile strike, UFO laser, grenade *cough cough* or EMP would "hit" the rocket without changing the trajectory or velocity? What you see in the video is a second booster firing. This is normal behavior. The anomly could be almost anything, but completely unrelated to the rocket's failure. I'd sooner believe that we (Americans - or whoever) hacked the rocket's automated system and brought it down that way, than Lord Gozar from the planet PulleditOutOfYoAzium in his cloaked flying saucer.

edit on 16-5-2014 by LogicalRazor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalRazor
I don't think some of you understand how these rockets operate....or physics, for that matter. The failure in fact happened after the rocket was not in view. The imaginary "hit" you people are seeing, would have destroyed it at the speeds it was traveling. Angle and velocity are crucial in order for a rocket like this to escape the gravitational pull and get into a steady orbit.....this imaginary "hit" would not have caused a delayed reaction or malfunction, but would have nudged it enough to bring it down right then and there, if not completely obliterate it. Please use common sense. There's no UFO, folks.

See, now, THIS guy... This guy right here... This individual right here... He gets it! He must work for area 51 because he has a crystal clear understanding of all above top secret exotic military technologies. Like I said it simply is not possible. Watching a 2 minute video is all the evidence needed. End of story. No further investigation necessary. Go do something else. Please! I'm begging you! No! Don't look over here! Look somewhere else! You're still reading this! Why!? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! For the love of God man!!! Don't you know only terrorists and puppy killers care about this? What's it going to take to get you to just stop thinking about this? Cmon let's be reasonable here... Guys? I mean, everything's normal right? Nothing to worry about. Just a little accident. Well OK 3 little accidents over the last 3 years and only when this specific type of cargo is launched. Nothing odd about that... it's Normal ok? Everything's normal... Everything's ok...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
For example, if someone were to chuck a live grenade through your bedroom window, unless you are actually touching the grenade, you have Nothing to worry about.

Are you serious?
If you are even in close proximity to the detonation of a grenade you risk anything from serious to critical injury or even death. I'll tell you what....let's test your theory by having me throw one at you in your immediate vicinity and let's see what happens.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
See my edit. It very well may have been brought down purposely. That would not surprise me in the least. However, the video in question is not proof of it nor does it show a UFO. There's no change in velocity, no apparent change in trajectory and no sign of misfire. If anything happened, it happened when it was out of view.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

For example, if someone were to chuck a live grenade through your bedroom window, unless you are actually touching the grenade, you have Nothing to worry about.

Are you serious?
If you are even in close proximity to the detonation of a grenade you risk anything from serious to critical injury or even death. I'll tell you what....let's test your theory by having me throw one at you in your immediate vicinity and let's see what happens.

He is being sarcastic.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalRazor

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

Are you serious?

He is being sarcastic.

Oops.... That's what I get for not reading every post prior.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The white dot that appears to be moving R to L is a freaking star. The camera is tracking the rocket--everything else in the frame will appear to be moving in the direction opposite to the rocket.

That green flare is just that--flare.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join