It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO Takes Down Russian Rocket'....Or?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirbritton
In "Out of the Blue," a ufo documentary by James Fox (available on Netflix), a camera crew filming the stages of an ICBM allegedly captured a ufo doing exactly this. The film was confiscated by an unknown agency, but the commanding officer had written memos regarding it. Very striking similarities.. Lends more credibility to both stories.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Fox, as usual, hides a lot of the facts about his sexiest stories, to impress the over-trusting. I suggest you consider this before coming to a conclusion:
www.csicop.org...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I saw that earlier today ... I'm still not seeing this 'ufo' thing.
Are we sure it's not just a light bouncing on the camera or something?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11
but where was the kaboom?? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom??

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sorry, not seeing anything in one vid, the other vid has a green something or other, possibly light catching the lens or someone CGI'd it

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is the best video I could find:

Something obviously hit the rocket, it explodes exactly as the object passes it, there's no way in hell that's a star. It may have possibly been a meteorite, but the chances of that happening are absolutely astronomical and there are more probable explanations. This rocket was apparently carrying one of the most advanced satellites ever made by Russia, it's not a stretch of the mind to think it may have been shot down by someone who didn't want to let it get into orbit. All the evidence is pointing exactly that way. In fact it's more rational to assume it was shot down then to assume it was struck by a meteorite, if you want to go by probabilities alone. And the fact that this is the second time they've failed to get a satellite like this into space just adds to the suspicious nature of this rocket failure. Someone obviously doesn't want Russia to get this satellite into space.
edit on 16/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
This is the best video I could find:

Something obviously hit the rocket, it explodes exactly as the object passes it, there's no way in hell that's a star. It may have possibly been a meteorite, but the chances of that happening are absolutely astronomical and there are more probable explanations. This rocket was apparently carrying one of the most advanced satellites ever made by Russia, it's not a stretch of the mind to think it may have been shot down by someone who didn't want to let it get into orbit. All the evidence is pointing exactly that way. In fact it's more rational to assume it was shot down then to assume it was struck by a meteorite, if you want to go by probabilities alone. And the fact that this is the second time they've failed to get a satellite like this into space just adds to the suspicious nature of this rocket failure. Someone obviously doesn't want Russia to get this satellite into space.

I agree with you totaly on that, i believe in ufo's, i've seen one, and as much as i wished that everyone saw them, my thoughts on this are more political,i see the object in the video, but i believe it's from earth. With all this tension with Russia and Ukraine, i'm sorry but i think US did it.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

and by coincidence all the possible stars that could show up on the feed, one of them appears at the very precise moment the rockets fails...

edit on v20141411America/ChicagoFri, 16 May 2014 11:26:43 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

What to say about the green light at 1.26 mark:

It shows up right after the malfunction / impact.

If it is a light reflection on the camera, its a strange one...
different vids could clarify this question..
edit on v20141411America/ChicagoFri, 16 May 2014 11:37:29 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2
Not a lot of stars would be bright enough. Vega would be a good candidate, if it is a star.

You know a Proton failed last year too, right? And in 2011.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I don't know what it was. Neither do you. Your answer is evasive about coincidence and probability, the main question for your theory. For me it wasn't a star/planet illusion.
edit on v20141411America/ChicagoFri, 16 May 2014 11:50:40 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sorry about being "evasive" but I really don't see what probability or coincidence has to do with anything here.
Except that, based on past performance, it was not terribly unlikely that a Proton rocket would fail.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Sorry about being "evasive" but I really don't see what probability or coincidence has to do with anything here.

yes of course..

originally posted by: voyger2

and by coincidence all the possible stars that could show up on the feed, one of them appears at the very precise moment the rockets fails...

correction: one or two second's before..
edit on v20141411America/ChicagoFri, 16 May 2014 11:58:54 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Something obviously hit the rocket, it explodes exactly as the object passes it, there's no way in hell that's a star.....

Do I have this clear? You think the video shows the rocket falling back to Earth?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

I don't know what it was. Neither do you. Your answer is evasive about coincidence and probability, the main question for your theory. For me it wasn't a star/planet illusion.
\

There are how many stars in the the sky visible to your naked eye alone?

the odds of there NOT being a star is what would be high.

Now, for the camera to capture it on video would depend on the brightness of the star (because the rocket plume is so bright).

However, your statements......Jesus.....I swear it seems most people when they step outside at night must be too busy looking at their feet and not the night sky......

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

This rocket was apparently carrying one of the most advanced satellites ever made by Russia, it's not a stretch of the mind to think it may have been shot down by someone who didn't want to let it get into orbit.

It was a communications satellite to provide internet access to remote regions of eastern Russia.
eng.rscc.ru...

It was built by EADS Astrium, not Russia.
www.astrium.eads.net...

edit on 5/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The flight path throughout the video is absolutely normal, with no signs of any deviation from a normal orbital ascent.

BUT it sure does look like 'falling' to somebody not familiar with rocket views.

I explain the geometry effect here:
www.nbcnews.com...

The rocket's failure occurred several minutes later, in third stage, far to the east, well out of ground view.

It is NOT shown on this video.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You can plug the launch site and liftoff time into www.heavens-above.com to see the starfield it's flying through. The early path is azimuth 75 degrees or so, north of due east. What do YOU get when you try this?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Very interesting....

The likelihood of it being a star is probably slim to none, shot down?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Heres a launch from a while ago. Sort of looks like the one being discussed, doesn't it? See the "explosion" that people are talking about? It wasn't an explosion.

Did you notice where Jim Oberg pointed out that the recent failure occurred in the third stage, after the rocket was out of sight?

edit on 5/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ishum
it doesn't look like the object actually connects with the rocket.
looks like it goes by it.

from the perspective, it looks like it goes under it or that it goes by it
at a bit of a distance making it look like it goes under.

although, the timing is pretty good.

Yes, it does seem to go past the rocket...but it does sweep in an pronounced arc towards the rocket, so looks to be deliberately interacting with it...whatever it is.

There was a video from way back with a military missile launch camerman from the 70's or 80's commenting on something his team picked up on their high speed cameras while filming a missile test launch at white sands...said an unidentified object swept into shot, very fast speed, and flew alongside the missile for a few seconds, then shot some kind of energy or beam weapon at the missile, then flew on by...the missile was disabled moment later. He remarked the thing that interacted with the missile flew so fast as to almost make the missile look like it was standing still...

Sounds very similar to what is going on in this clip.

My guess..probably not ET, but US Black projects screwing with / taunting Russia.

When you think about it, the technology involved in a black projects craft that can swoop in like that to 'meet and greet' a rocket punching through the atmosphere..is a massive subject with very serious implications in itself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join