It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Assaults Kindergartner

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Neph89
This kid is in kindergarten. How can he have done anything wrong enough to deserve to be assaulted by a teacher. Put the kid in the corner, talk with his parents, anything like that. Don't assault the kid in the middle of the hallway.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

originally posted by: mugger
I've been jacked up by High school teachers for misbehaving.. I see no problem with it when warranted for discipline,which is sorely lacking in schools do to lawyers,, but this child is to young and didn't do anything.

There is a huge difference between punishment and outright assault. A paddling is a long way from snatching up a child and slamming it against a wall.

Punishment is necessary sometimes, but assault isn't..ever.

J

When I was his age early 60's no teacher could ever touch a child only the Principal who could give you various counts of swats with a ruler. The teacher always sent you to the principle for punishment or a talking to, that way the teacher never was feared by the kids as that would make learning impossible for a kid.

The boy looked scared when he saw the Teacher so I do think this was about some previous thing, maybe he was told not to leave the classroom and she found him there, or he was just plain always scared of her, I do wonder why she took him back into the restroom. Was it about handwashing maybe.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Havox

You know, Havox (love the new avatar, by the way), I keep thinking about this. Its really bothered me. Not just because of his age, but because of the trust issue.

This is my definition of "assault"

law : the crime of trying or threatening to hurt someone physically

: a violent physical attack

: a military attack

Full Definition of ASSAULT

a : a violent physical or verbal attack
b : a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces
c : a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary)

a : a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact

Merriam-Webster

I can't, for the life of me, discern a situation where a teacher would be justified in assaulting a student. Self-defense? Yes. Punishment? Yes. Pure assault? No.

J
edit on 5/16/2014 by LadyJae because: can't spell today

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

When I was his age early 60's no teacher could ever touch a child only the Principal who could give you various counts of swats with a ruler. The teacher always sent you to the principle for punishment or a talking to, that way the teacher never was feared by the kids as that would make learning impossible for a kid.

The boy looked scared when he saw the Teacher so I do think this was about some previous thing, maybe he was told not to leave the classroom and she found him there, or he was just plain always scared of her, I do wonder why she took him back into the restroom. Was it about handwashing maybe.

His parents had reported an incident involving Ian and Ms. Williams to the school principal this past November and requested he be moved to another classroom. Their request was denied. They said that Ian was scared of his teacher. Even though he's in a different classroom now, he's still afraid he's going to see her.

I hope handwashing was all that went on while they were out of sight.

J

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Even though he's in a different classroom now, he's still afraid he's going to see her.

I hope handwashing was all that went on while they were out of sight.

Yes outside the view of cameras there.

How sad, I had some really bad experiences with Teachers with my kids growing up there are some really rotten ones out there poor kids.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I agree. Especially such a young student. This kid doesn't know right from wrong, even if he did do something wrong. If he was an issue in class, talk with the parents. The parents can take away his TV or video games for a little while, hopefully the kid learns. But assaulting the kid in the hallway is just going to scare the crap out of him. He will probably be afraid of every teacher he ever has now, and will probably never feel safe at school. No student around that teacher will probably ever feel safe. She shouldn't be allowed to teach anymore.

Thanks for the avatar compliment as well!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, it appears young Ian had certainly earned his teacher's wrath (please understand that statement is sarcasm)

Nelson says the district told him Ian was in trouble because he went to the wrong bathroom.

And the district's reaction to the whole situation

The Superintendent of Riverdale Local Schools says Williams has been a teacher in the district for 14 years.

"She has great evaluations,” says Eric Hoffman, the Superintendent of Riverdale Local Schools. “Parents request her."

Hancock Co. Teacher

Going to the wrong bathroom is certainly justification for his teacher's action, don't you think?

J

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

No teacher is going to request her after this... at least I hope not.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Havox

No teacher is going to request her after this... at least I hope not.

Believe it or not, Havox, it was reported that the local station had been receiving emails in support of her.

We live in a strange world, do we not?

J

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hard to tell what was going on without the whole story. Maybe the kid wandered off and was disciplined by an over zealous school staff member. After all, the school is responsible for all of their students.
edit on 17-5-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Hard to tell what was going on without the whole story. Maybe the kid wandered off and was disciplined by an over zealous school staff member. After all, the school is responsible for all of their students.

Yes, they are responsible for their students; that responsibility includes the safety of those same students.

Ms. Williams wasn't administering punishment. She was having a temper tantrum.

There is no way the assault on Ian Nelson can be justified.

J

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Wow.. I really don't know how someone can support someone who does this. Seriously? People want a teacher to assault kindergartners? It's disgusting.
edit on 17-5-2014 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Man, I hate this kind of thing. That teacher should be arrested,
charged with assault on a child, and then fired.

...in my opinion.

Rebel 5 Out.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I worked for a large public school system after retiring as a commercial pilot. It was appalling to things that goes on when the public isn't looking. The teacher in the video wouldn't have even gotten 10 days off had this video not gone public. Misconduct isn't as uncommon as you would think as it's mostly swept under the rug or hidden from view.

At the School for Creative and Performing Arts sexual contact with students was nearly commonplace. The last incident, that I'm aware, the principle impregnated a 17 year old student. No action was taken at that time but did not return the following year. There's many more events that took place during my tenure.

The best way to describe it was an "Educational Mafia."

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Having read the article and the postings the following can be stated:

There are several issues that are going on here that is stated and not stated. The first thing is that no matter as much as we would like to know, the reality is that the school district cannot disclose about any disciplinary actions taken. To do such, violates the persons rights and they could turn around and sue, thus the district not stating anything makes sense.

The second issue here is the teacher. While we do not know what all happened, there clearly is a problem here between the teacher and the student, that should have been dealt with. And to make matters worse, the district is pretty much not able to terminate the teacher, without the permission of the union. The teachers are under that umbrella of protection. And it puts the district in a difficult place to be in. A teacher who does something to a child, cannot be simply fired, to do such would result in lawsuits and millions of dollars lost.

The third part of this issue has to be the parents. I am surprised they are not demanding that the teacher in question, be arrested and subject to the full law, and including demanding that the school board do something, to prevent this from happening. This would mean that the next time the school board members are up for election, that they use this as an example of the boards incompetence if nothing has been done, or the teacher is still having access or any proximity to the student.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The FAT useless pig.

I do hope that someday something painful such as cancer or aids effects her life

edit on 17-5-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
Man, I hate this kind of thing. That teacher should be arrested,
charged with assault on a child, and then fired.

...in my opinion.

Rebel 5 Out.

In my opinion also, rebel!

J

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

I worked for a large public school system after retiring as a commercial pilot. It was appalling to things that goes on when the public isn't looking. The teacher in the video wouldn't have even gotten 10 days off had this video not gone public. Misconduct isn't as uncommon as you would think as it's mostly swept under the rug or hidden from view.

At the School for Creative and Performing Arts sexual contact with students was nearly commonplace. The last incident, that I'm aware, the principle impregnated a 17 year old student. No action was taken at that time but did not return the following year. There's many more events that took place during my tenure.

The best way to describe it was an "Educational Mafia."

You are very right, buddah! She was quite obviously secure enough to not worry about being on security cam.

If it weren't for a fellow staff member calling this video to attention, we would never have heard a single word.

J

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

there clearly is a problem here between the teacher and the student, that should have been dealt with.

Evidently, there was a problem this past November that the parents reported to the school. They asked for Ian to be moved to another classroom, but that was denied. The reason being that Ms. Williams was such an outstanding teacher.

I am surprised they are not demanding that the teacher in question, be arrested and subject to the full law, and including demanding that the school board do something, to prevent this from happening.

They are, sdcigar. They, quite rightly, want the teacher terminated; and there is a good chance criminal charges will be filed.

The tape was turned over to the local Sheriff's Dept. That dept's investigation should be finished Monday or Tuesday after which it will be turned over to the prosecutor's office.

I find it reprehensible that a teacher can assault such a young child and be "protected". That sort of action should be grounds for immediate termination with such damning evidence as provided in that video.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

J

edit on 5/17/2014 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

The FAT useless pig.

I do hope that someday something painful such as cancer or aids effects her life

I would be happy with her termination, revocation of her teaching license, and finding her guilty on charges of child abuse, assault by authority figure, and assault on a minor.

I heartily agree on her being "useless"!

J

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join