It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been a victim of a mugging/robbery - how long does the trauma last?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
ill start off with i was robbed at gunpoint at my own house not a fun experiance i felt helpless in my own home

even being armed did not make me fell better they goy me outside my door within 10 feet from my weps

i moved from the house took me almost a year to get over it

and i man large man just the fact no matter how well prepared i was did not help me any shook me to the core there was nothing i could of done no preperation i was targeted and hunted everything was planed i could of had a gun on me and had little hope from how it went down

you just gota shake it off and realize its luck u live every day ... anything can hapion

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
they had 7 felony counts.

assault/bodily harm/deadly weapon

kidnapping, among others.

lol!

wasn't so funny when i was beat to a pulp in the front seat, tho.

stupid mofo broke his hand on my head and face.

did i mention extortion?

next time, one of us will die.

edit on 3157295131am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

i was robbed/pick pocketed by 3 black chicks in boston. they ran when i figured it out.

pm for details.

no problem, figured out my security real quick.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It lasts as long as you let it.

I've been mugged once. I may have exacerbated the situation, being a student of martial arts for 22 years, I took the initial mugger down by breaking his arm. His friends responded to that by wading in, and using my head as a bottle opener, then when I fell to the floor, polished their boots on my face, until I passed out.

I came around only a few minutes later when a passing car had stopped and the occupants apparently driven them off with makeshift weapons and called the police. My injuries were classified as "Severe lacerations to head and face", and I was retained in hospital for 4 days.

When I got released, I made a decision. That decision was "f* them", and I went about my life as normal.

You can't let people control you through fear. You survived. Thats all that matters.

In my case the police caught the muggers a few days after my release from hospital, due to CCTV footage, and the fact that their ring leader reported to hospital with a broken arm.

We were all charged with grievous bodily assault, and actual bodily harm, because its not the police's job to decide guilt or innocence. They had attacked me, but I had also broken his arm, even though it was obvious self defence. It wasn't the police's job to determine that.

In court, the judge took one look at the CCTV footage, and accepted my plea of self defence. Case dismissed.

Their ringleader got 5 years jail, apparently it wasn't the first time he had violently mugged someone. His colleagues got 2 years each.

The ring leader committed suicide in his cell, after only 4 weeks in jail.

Please, do not let your incident alter how you live your life. Don't let them win.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join