It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Space Debris, Comet or Something Else ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The following are the brief details from the article;

They say what appeared to be a massive ball with a blue and orange tail hit the ground in the suburb of Kelso in Townsville around 6:30pm (AEST) yesterday.

Resident Kim Vega was sitting in her backyard at Kelso when she saw the moment of impact.

"It was like an explosion but without a sound," she said.

This is the link to the article

Sounds like a reasonably significant event. Obviously nothing has been found yet, I'll try and keep this updated as more information comes in.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
The following are the brief details from the article;

They say what appeared to be a massive ball with a blue and orange tail hit the ground in the suburb of Kelso in Townsville around 6:30pm (AEST) yesterday.

Resident Kim Vega was sitting in her backyard at Kelso when she saw the moment of impact.

"It was like an explosion but without a sound," she said.

This is the link to the article

Sounds like a reasonably significant event. Obviously nothing has been found yet, I'll try and keep this updated as more information comes in.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Sounds just like a meteorite candidate. I've seen a few, the most unusual one coming straight down as in 90° to the horizontal.
edit on 15-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Smurfy

Personally I'm going with the space debris theory principally because of the details of the colouration. A Comet is going to be a close second with a War of the Worlds scenario a distant third.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Comets do not visibly move across the sky.
Meteors show a wide variety of coloration but it could well have been orbital debris reentering.

As far as actually hitting the ground, hard to say. Meteors often disappear below the horizon without hitting the ground. When they do hit the ground, they are no longer incandescent.
edit on 5/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Sounds like a metheor, but nothing will be published anyway :/

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Indeed.

I meant Meteor, stupid brain told fingers to type Comet, dagnabit.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I live in Kelso and actually saw this thing on our way out last night, it didn't land in Kelso. It went across the sky from west to east, north of the city and the suburb of Kelso was behind us. I didn't see it hit ground as trees and a hill got in the way.

ps at first I thought it was an aircraft light as it was bright white, then realized it was too big and moving way too fast. It stayed white, with a slight blue tinge til out of sight.

edit on 16/5/2014 by PennyQ because: added ps

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
add to: PennyQ

Ok now I'm confused, just read an article from the Telegraph saying the flaming object was on Thursday night, what I saw was on Friday night.

So not sure what I saw.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PennyQ

PennyQ

Could you do ATS a favor and keep an eye on the local press to see if any reports of a find turn up. I'm down in Wolvi and not quite close enough to get a copy of the Bullie.

I'm sure people will be out there looking and no doubt it's needle in a haystack stuff, but you never know, someone might get lucky, if that's the right expression.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I will certainly do that, I have realized that if I had gone out the front to have a ciggy instead of the back on thursday night I would have seen it, lol

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
well the angle in which it was falling was very odd, they didn't really said it hit the ground.
I wonder if it was actually debris from a sattelite. mhhh

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
seen a bright one in tassie the other day that flew by from east to west.

top topics

join