It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i am So Sure of my Belief, and Why i Suffer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

i have tried believing different things, and although it does have a profound effect on reality, it does not keep me from becoming hungry, it does not keep me from becoming cold in the winter.

My guilt is different from the christian guilt. i understand what you say, that guilt is a shackle that is placed on those who deserve it the least, while those that deserve it the most do not seem to have any guilt at all.

My guilt is my strength, i do not serve it, rather it serves me. It creates urges to use my resources and time more efficiently, and following urges is a satisfying experience to me. It is an acknowledgement of being one with this universe, and simultaneously an individual personality, an awareness that guides me to be a better person not just to others, but to myself.

Thank you for your discussion here in this thread! i always enjoy reading and thinking about the ideas in this forum

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MemeticHarvest

Interesting post, thanks for writing it.

I am glad that youve perhaps discovered the only (paradoxically) objective truth to this reality; that everything is subjective.

With that truth realized, freedom follows, first in thought, then in form. If everything is subjective, then you are the creator of reality; your mind, your deepest mind, shapes the very world and alters its form. Most are conditioned to believe the opposite; that the creator is outside of themselves, and has imposed rules that must be followed upon them. Thats half true, actually; the second part. The creator has imposed rules upon the individual, but the creator isnt external to the individual, meaning the "rules" are arbitrary and changeable upon whim... if its so desired.

Its a long road home, and that seems to be the arbitrary "objective" of this game we all play; find home; re-realize who you are; escape from the box of finite matter and fleeting time into the true ineffable reality which has always been there, and always be.

edit on 5/16/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Yes, that is what i said. 0=1+((i)*(i))
You can accurately posit that i=0 but then it reduces the equation back down to 0=0 down to 0 down to nothing.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Emptiness is form - form is emptiness.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

0=1+((i)*(i))=infinity

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The most effective method to determine how free you are in this gameboard is to see how many steps you need to take to convince yourself of your ability to be free of a concept.
You are right: When you are hungry..its not that easy to convince yourself that you dont need food/Energy. When you are cold its not that easy to convince yourself that your body is independent from temperature.

Guilt however is easy to deconstruct.

It is an acknowledgement of being one with this universe, and simultaneously an individual personality, an awareness that guides me to be a better person not just to others, but to myself.

Are you sure?

If you would understand that you are one with the universe you would understand that guilt is an arbitrary concept of a perspective that feels separated from the perspective of "being one"...........
without a doubt

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

i feel as if my guilt is a feeling like hot or cold. i consider it a sense, like hot or cold, a gentle warning of future danger or pain. Like you say it is easy to deconstruct. i feel as if i have deconstructed it and am reconstructing it in a more realistic pattern so it can become practical like hunger or cold. i consider myself simultaneously one and individual with the universe, so things i say may come across as a paradox. Which is the main reason i wrote this op, it is a metaphysical axiomatic idea that stops my rapidly oscillating belief systems and paradigms. To be free of guilt i need only to decide to, i do not have any regrets. i have done through my life what i feel any intelligence would do, given the same conditions and circumstance. To be free of the concept in my OP i would need to see the laws of nature change. To see physics change, to see the need for homeostasis to change, to see the path of least resistance to change, in a macroscopic and fundamental way that forces mathematics to be incalculable and unpredictable.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
well i understand that you need the change to occur before you belief the possibility of "lucidity" to be reality in your system. Its similar in my system as we are conditioned like that. But i am more and more breaking free of that perspective. And i can only say: if you want expanded reality..do the same..

As a child we were more freely playing with imagination and see its power.. In our society we are not doing that anymore as adults so strongly (well successful people however still do that and know how important fantasy is.before something can manifest.)

State of being matters. Its not important how you get your mind to become more "open" for a paradigm change. But if it becomes more open to it. Reality has NO CHOICE than to follow suit.

To be free of the concept in my OP i would need to see

This is the paradigm that keeps humanity trapped ...

You can now begin to understand how science is also, simply, a philosophy, and how it can blend with the ideas of faith. For you will understand that since you are the vibration of your reality, physically, and thus, create that reality to be reflected back to the idea of your personality, which contains the mentality that contains the senses, you will also understand, through this integration, that while science, as you have known it, has postulated that seeing is believing, it will now allow itself to experience the polarity of believing is seeing. And you will also recognize that the idea of polarity itself will be a vibration, which created the ability to separate yourself from the universe. You will be able to measure its properties, in a sense, as you will be able to understand the ideas of space/time within one physical equation.

edit on 18-5-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Relating feeling to math? What? How? Trying to prove transcendence mathematically? Huh?

Wish I had even the base understanding of what you're doing here. Math might as well be all the symbols of the world jumbled up nonsensically on a graffiti wall to me.

Anyway, kudos for understanding it. I sure as hell never will.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Actually the math is the easy part. i was forced to learn it in Highschool.

What is difficult is trying to make sense of metaphysics in general and relating it to my personal experience.

i owe a great deal of thanks to this forum for helping me through this process. Through the chapel perilous and the creepy crowlies, through the countless mind boggling threads here, the meditating, the internal disputes with desire and karma. It gets to be a pain itself sometimes, atleast i can say Alan Watts is always easy listening though!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No doubt that the metaphysics aspect makes it even more confusing. I think it's odd how some people just "get" math when it just seems so incredibly impossible to me. I made it as far as intermediate algebra in college, (with a B!) but, I still have no understanding of it whatsoever. Best of luck on your meta mathematical algorithmic journey!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join