It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Months Since Legalizing Marijuana, Here's What Colorado Looks Like

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

No it is. You would rather have drug cartels destroying Mexico? For a few kids who probably got the edibles from their parent's dresser while they were at work, and thought it would be cool to eat more than one? For a drug almost impossible to overdose on?

Hmmmm innocent people being killed and oppressed, or ban it all for a few kids acting stupid.

The cartels are already falling apart. Don't insult my intelligence.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

yeah thats the reason i posted it for its shear insanity and 64 million deaths in china......i think if you add up all the numbers it ends up being a sizeable chunk of the world population that "dies each year" from evil horrible toxic pot.....lol i dont even think WMD's have killed that many people in history (unless you count the black death as a wmd)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Very good thread!!! I agree with you, the way laws treat Maria are very hypocritical, off course it has it's dangers, everything misuse is bad for you. But we hear everyday about people dieing from drunk driver accident, an alcoholic killed is wife, our beat his family. Maria reduces agressive behaviours, for many people i know it replaces anxiety medications, so in a way it's "healthy", the realy dark side of it is the trading the dealing, in places where it's not legal, only few people gain money with it, and dont pay taxes, and they are not trustworthy; If it's legal you know who buys, you know who sells, and eveyone pay taxes. But i go to the store and i know exactly what i'm buying.

I wish my country imports that law, i think that the curruption and this hypocritical government, rather keep it ilegal for their own profit.

edit on 0972031x0000001308pm531 by Bitxushanty because: Bad English writing

edit on 0982231xu3208pm531 by Bitxushanty because: Bad English writing

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
That's the point. Have us begging for it so badly we would love super high taxes.

It's the same thing with oil, tobacco. Everything.

Tobacco they say it causes cancer and everyone is addicted so they tax it out the rear and we ok it because we think it causes cancer.

We're running out of oil so we need high taxes on it.

Blah blah blah.

Good Points . I guess Writing a Letter to our Respective Congressman voicing our Displeasure over the Ever Increasing Taxation our Nation is being Subjected to these last 2 Freakin' Decades would be for naught , eh ? ...........

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hang on... Colorado is still there?

I could have sworn it was going to implode the very instant they legalized it...

Whadayaknow....

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

What if I told you that there are other places, that have done this, decades ago and haven't fallen apart?

European countries are a fine example of that. So are a few South American countries.

The data doesn't lie.

~Tenth

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

And not just that, In Holand when they legalized maria, they made a study of i think 10 years, and they discovered that the number of people that consume maria, it's almost the same, it means just because it's legal people dont start to smoke, they dont smoke maria all day because it's legal, they dont do it a lot in public places and it's legal...
edit on 1043031x0000000208pm531 by Bitxushanty because: Bad English writing

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
Yea way to go merica

Fluoride in water

G.M.O in the food and drink

Brain Washing thru television/Music

Cocaine in the water supply
DRUGS freely available to all

50 th in the world for Education

ARMED PARANOID STONERS

Where can it go wrong

As opposed to Drunk Violent armed people?

We can come up with any rhetoric to justify waging war on an estimated 30-40 percent of the population (admitted recreational use).

The cost of keeping Prohibition, is far outweighed by the benefit of getting rid of the failed policy.

That is the only consideration that should be made, are the detrimental effects of Prohibition WORTH what ever value.

The answer is Yes, ONLY if you are a fan of Violation of the 4th, massive prison population and a Militarized police force.

But hell, I guess even fans of tearing down the Constitution get to have their opinions too.

Just don't expect the rest of us to Value the benefits of Prohibition.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I live in a country with a very open policy regarding this subject , from personal experience i have seen Alcohol do more hurt then this specific substance , the change in personal unpredictable behaviour from alcohol is way higher.

I wish i could fully explain how it works here but i doubt the terms and agreement allow me to , but people will buy these substances anyway , why not regulate it and gain tax income from the establishments.

TheGreazel.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

What if I told you that there are other places, that have done this, decades ago and haven't fallen apart?

European countries are a fine example of that. So are a few South American countries.

The data doesn't lie.

~Tenth

But would you walk in Amstrdam alone at night or those South American countries

The same countries have nice football [ soccer fans]
when you leave the tourist trail thing's change and it all depend's who you trust with data as it can be manipulated quite good .

Unemployment / Housing to name a few bit's of data

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Happy that it's showing to be a good thing for the state, early on seems Colorado was concerned about the tax revenue not helping enough, good for the turn around. Of course, they need to be examples, good at that. Washington State is getting ready for the stores to open. Soon we'll see how it pans out locally. Locally here-I'm just across the boarder of Wash.- there's been a concern in the Veterinary community about dogs ingesting Marijuana pastries. Seeing that the media has already picked up on it as well both proclaiming the overall blame on legalization. As it's been covered with th concern for children ingesting these items please be cautious when you have them in the home as well as please companion animal owners, be careful for your pets, you and the cause!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

But would you walk in Amstrdam alone at night or those South American countries

The same countries have nice football [ soccer fans]
when you leave the tourist trail thing's change and it all depend's who you trust with data as it can be manipulated quite good .

Unemployment / Housing to name a few bit's of data

I lol at this,

There are plenty of places in America where you shouldn't walk alone at night.

Mostly down to the areas where people who are making the most out of Drug Prohibition by taking advantage of the governments policies.

You know, Cops...

Oh, and drug dealers too.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5 Darling as an european woman i'd rather walk in Amsterdm by night, that in US any time of the day, for a simple reason people dont have guns! Maybe they have one gun for 5000 civilian people, i've been in Amsterdam a few times, and i never felt threatened at any time.

edit on 1164831x0000001908pm531 by Bitxushanty because: Bad English writing

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Ah yes I would and HAVE for that matter.

Where are you getting this information? Please posts your stats.

Sure the South American places are dangerous but mostly because of prohibition and the rise of cartels due to it.

European Nations have none of these problems outside of the drugs that are illegal and sex trafficking.

~Tenth

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

You know, Cops...

Pffhahaha...

Funniest thing I've heard all day

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

IS the war on drugs over

who won i mussed have missed it

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

They did...

This is round 2... and the Colorado is leading apparently

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here in Washington we are close behind, good to hear they are getting the banking part figured out.

As your average would-be legal expert I do have a problem with a State selling what the Feds have illegal, however stupidly, I think will figure this out with with a number of issues relating to Fed vs State power. I do worry if we get a GOP Prez he will order Justice to bust all the hippies. There are reports from Idaho of drivers being pulled over if you have plates from WA or CO. Damn shame it's become a party thing.

I do see a problem in people cooking hash oil at home and having butane explosions blowing up houses and apartments, this has happened several times here now, and if there are no major injuries yet it won't be long. I don't want this to happen in a ground-floor apartment for sure! I favor a law to ban people from doing this at home.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

www.nationmaster.com...

answers.yahoo.com...

And things are going to get worse when BIG pharma looks at it's balance sheet x yrs down the line and IF Obama pardons those in jail for soft drugs

The prisons need that supply of cheap labor

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBoomersRBusted I' sorry what? people cook hax oil with a butane stove? you know i'm from a country very near Moroco, and most of European hax comes from Morocco, Afeganistan sometimes India, and i saw a lot of processing from maria to make hax, but i never heard our saw anything like that, especialy having problems with explosions and stuff. Anyway if that is a normal procedure they do it in Morocco for a long time, and its Moroco, so i think in the US would do it even better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join