It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Months Since Legalizing Marijuana, Here's What Colorado Looks Like

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: Visitor2012

Different intoxicant and poison altogether... But there are similarities.

Do tell how MJ compares to a substance which kills a million people a year and has no health benefits whatsoever..

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The primary benifit from this test in Colorado is that ultimately you get a pacified, manipulable and easily controlled young populous. All goes well and the federal government will push for more states to join Colorado. Legalized, regulated, controlled distribution, taxed.... Once they take your mind, they can remove your will, and eventually claim your soul.... Party on dude's and dudetts.

That is already in effect through diet and media.

MJ and just the act of making it legal will help open minds and reverse the situation.

Nice try though dude!

edit on 17-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Spend some time in Colorado, many researchers are.

If the only potential benifits for government are in the revenue collection, this test would have already been declared an abject failure. Feds would be storming Colorado to enforce still active federal marijuana laws...

Their primary focus is on the youth, under 30.

The results are still being compiled.

(post by mahatche removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As soon as the corporations can capitalize on weed they will. It will quickly turn into exactly what all other agriculture has become; large conglomerates putting the other guys out of business either by cost of production or by lobbying heavier scrutiny and restrictions against the little guy. Is that RAW weed your selling? Call in the ATF swat teams!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Open minds to what?

Don't answer, just think on it a while.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Visitor2012

a reply to: Visitor2012

Different intoxicant and poison altogether... But there are similarities.

Do tell how MJ compares to a substance which kills a million people a year and has no health benefits whatsoever..

I wouldn't say alcohol has no health benefits. There are studies that show the occasional glass of wine is good for you. I could provide links if you need em, but it's a pretty commonly accepted idea.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockn82
As soon as the corporations can capitalize on weed they will. It will quickly turn into exactly what all other agriculture has become; large conglomerates putting the other guys out of business either by cost of production or by lobbying heavier scrutiny and restrictions against the little guy. Is that RAW weed your selling? Call in the ATF swat teams!

Ya that's scary, I guess people will have to start seeking out the organic non GMO stuff in the future.

I can see it now, "dude, I don't want to smoke that Monsanto $h!t"...

Corporations will probably create a strain that actually does cause all those reefer madness symptoms....

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
sorry for breaking the terms, didn't realize i went there. Don't know which part did it.

Is there a way I could make the point about not dropping out of society with out breaking them? I thought it was a fair point.
edit on 05am11am312014-05-17T11:52:40-05:0011America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

edit on 05am11am312014-05-17T11:53:01-05:0011America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Open minds to what?

Don't answer, just think on it a while.

To the utter failure of the "war on drugs"

And the truth about Mary Jane.

edit on 17-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh I hadn't even thought about the GMO possibilities. That takes the gravity of the situation to a brand new high. (pun lol). I can imagine how crazy they would be able to go with the hallucinogenic properties. I will have to think about this for a while.

Thanks!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Leaglize, deregulate,get your nose and taxes OUT OF MY BUSINESS...

YOU DONT TAX MY GARDEN...DONT TAX MY WEED EITHER....# OFF.....

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Not mind control. A gateway to apathy and oblivion.

Too stoned to give a #.

I'm going to try this again, I'll try not to break any terms. If I do, it's only cause incorrectly guessed which part crossed the line.

I disagree with this sterotype. I don't think weed inherently makes people stop caring, the smokers that don't care never cared in the first place.

I was exposed to pot at a very young age, but short of running for office (which i consider) I'm as engaged in politics and the world around me as I can be. I follow science, news, and sites like ATS multiple times a day. Important issues are what my mind stays stuck on. I've never dropped out.
edit on 05pm12pm312014-05-17T12:16:00-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

The primary benifit from this test in Colorado is that ultimately you get a pacified, manipulable and easily controlled young populous. All goes well and the federal government will push for more states to join Colorado. Legalized, regulated, controlled distribution, taxed.... Once they take your mind, they can remove your will, and eventually claim your soul.... Party on dude's and dudetts.

That is already in effect through diet and media.

MJ and just the act of making it legal will help open minds and reverse the situation.

Nice try though dude!

Were the young partakers in the protest years (60's) controlled...just the opposite.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

There is enough research to support the idea that consuming active THC can have adverse effects on mental development.

Alcohol does the same thing and is still legal. Moot argument.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yes they were. The counterculture of that time was infiltrated and manipulated by subversives. They were easy prey. Exploited and used for political objectives.

The same can be done here and now... Much easier if they can supply and regulate their most popular vices.

IMO

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes they were. The counterculture of that time was infiltrated and manipulated by subversives. They were easy prey. Exploited and used for political objectives.

The same can be done here and now... Much easier if they can supply and regulate their most popular vices.

IMO

I will let the success of their efforts speak to this issue.

In addition, they did not use traditional methods of political activity. Instead of voting for a political candidate and then hoping that the elected official would make good policies, these protesters believed in a more direct democracy. They took direct action—public marches, picketing, sit-ins, rallies, petition drives, and teach-ins—to win converts to their causes and change public policies at the local, state, and federal levels. They contributed their time, energy, and passion with the hope of making a better, more just society for all.

www.lessonsite.com...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

IMO

Turn on, tune in, drop out was one of the more damaging ideas of that period. I hope this time around we can be adults about it. Stay engaged during the day, then come home from work and relieve the pain and stress. I see nothing wrong with that. No need for drug induced "comas". Smoking needs to be treated with the same expectations for responsible drinking.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

IMO

Turn on, tune in, drop out was one of the more damaging ideas of that period. I hope this time around we can be adults about it. Stay engaged during the day, then come home from work and relieve the pain and stress. I see nothing wrong with that. No need for drug induced "comas". Smoking needs to be treated with the same expectations for responsible drinking.

You are off topic as that had nothing to do with smoking maryjane, which only the tune in then have a sit in would apply.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: 3u40r15m

No sane parent teaches their kids that smoking is safe. The act of inhaling smoke no matter the substance is harmful. The DARE program was full of propaganda slogans and half facts. May parents felt like DARE turned their children into little NARCS.

Any parent who thinks their child is so well behaved that he or she will wait until they are 21 before they go drinking with friends needs to pull the wool from over their eyes.

Sorry for the delayed response... But I've seen alot of kids never drink or smoke until they get out of highschool. But everyone seems to be worried about the "Elites" taking guns away and trying to dummy people down. If weed is legalized for good, you know how dummied down people will be they won't care about anything... And then more things will be legal that never should be. It's more than just this simple thing. I don't wanna get into it i have no time right now but I'll be back.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join