It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Months Since Legalizing Marijuana, Here's What Colorado Looks Like

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
a mother of three from Denver on the phone with a 911 operator about the hallucinations being experienced by her husband was killed when he shot her in the head.

I take it you never smoked?

Er.. the above is total BS. Weed does not cause hallucinations like that. PERIOD. Ask anyone.. even the experts.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
all marijuana coming into the united states and a lot of it
grown here in the united states has blood on it.
blood of innocent humans who got in the way of the cartels
keeping the corridors open for transportation of illegal drugs
into the united states.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
additionally a lot of the research on marijuana is old, 1970-1980.
the current potency of marijuana is five to seven times that of the 1970

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

originally posted by: semperfortis
Problems?

Yeah they got em

On Tuesday, Dr. Michael Distefano testified that Colorado Children’s Hospital has treated seven juveniles for acute illnesses stemming from ingesting edible forms of marijuana since the law went into effect.

And, on Monday night, before Distefano appeared before the House Committee on Health, Insurance, and Environment on two bills to rein in recreational marijuana, a mother of three from Denver on the phone with a 911 operator about the hallucinations being experienced by her husband was killed when he shot her in the head.

State Rep. Frank McNulty (R-Highlands Ranch) says that achieving equivalences between marijuana from plants with the concentrates used in edibles will probably cost the state at least $100,000 to implement, but that every passing day is giving lawmakers reasons why some tightening is necessary.

The reports of edible marijuana making children sick and possibly playing a role in Kristine Kirk’s murder coincides with a new study showing that casual marijuana use can cause changes in the brain. Published in the Journal of Neuroscience, a 10-page report on the study says that brain alterations occur in young adults using marijuana before any dependence develops.

The report’s author, Dr. Hans Breiter of Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine and Massachusetts General Hospital, said that longer-term studies are needed to see if brain changes cause any symptoms over time.

Food Safety News

Yes yes, it kills children, makes black people rape women, we heard the rhetoric before.

THE question should be, DOES THAT OUT WEIGHT the net benefit.

Exploding prison pop, check.

Aiding Violent cartels, Check.

For every child hurt by Legalization, I can claim 1000's more that are growing up parent-less, made orphans on a war of what consenting adults decide to do.

All because it wasn't the Socially acceptable drug of choice, Alcohol or caffeine.

The other NET loss from Prohibition,

The 4th.

So yea, Ill take a few giggly children with arrhythmia, perhaps even a few dead ones, weighted against the horrific cost of Prohibition .

ETA:

I gotta say,

Don't you love it when Mods disagree, its like watchin the parent fight all over again.

REALLY?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
As I've said many times, your not going to stop the use of any of these illegal drugs so the next best thing is to legalize them and generate a stream of tax revenue. The byproduct is it takes another tool out of the hands on criminals.

My guess is you'll see many more states adopt the same policy, especially in the wake of cash strapped governments who would welcome the additional money.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
additionally a lot of the research on marijuana is old, 1970-1980.
the current potency of marijuana is five to seven times that of the 1970

No it isn't, this is a "Drug War fallacy". Not saying anything other than maybe I was alive in 1970, or my dad was, or my dear old uncle....
edit on 17-5-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

The only worry someone like myself has, who neither drinks nor smokes intoxicating substances, is the DUI factor. My concern was that a police officer could find someone driving impaired, and not know he/she was impaired because you cannot tell when someone has been smoking intoxicating substances unless they smoke a LOT. (I cannot anyway!)

That was my only real concern since people who smoke those intoxicating substances are quite happy and laid back people therefore no fear of them rushing out and killing anyone because they got stoned. Just worried about the DUI angle honestly.

I expect if it is difficult to tell if someone is 'impaired' then they are not especially impaired. Cannabis does not bring on the lack of coordination that alcohol does, unless they use 'way too much' and that would be more likely to happen by accident as with consuming edibles or the manufactured pharmaceutical pill form. That state is not desireable for the user and is not the sought after effect. In normal doses, which is easy for the user to guage when smoking it as it brings on the effect much more rapidly than when ingesting it, it might be akin to the question of asking how much is too much coffee or aspirin.

'Impaired' should be a state that is easy enough to determine by observation or with a routine sobriety test. The presence of metabolites in a person's system days or weeks after the effects have worn off I do not believe is a good indicator of 'impairment.'

Cannabis has been in widespread use for a long time, just not generally brought to attention due to legal concerns. If the 'impaired' issue has not previously come to the surface already then that might indicate something in itself.

edit on 17-5-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

(post by kai22 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

into the united states.

ACTUALLY....thats not true the cartels are losing money because why get illegal drugs from them when you can make it yourself with less risk to your life and limb? it dont make any sense unless your just being a tax dodge. I forgot the elink but there was a thread on ATS that stated the cartels are losing money.

(post by GoShredAK removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis
No way!Got to be more to this!Never happened in the history of the planet Earth until its legalized?Ya right!!This has propaganda written all over it.Kids o.d on pills and alcohol everyday and nobody says a thing about it.You can not have hallucinations from just PURE weed.Not if its grown the way it was meant to be.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Doesn't come even close to what alchohol drinkers are doing everyday. Talk about going ape-#%$#%, Things like rape, murder, vehicular manslaughter, assault and battery, the list goes on and on. Something like a million annual deaths world wide and tens of thousands of people dying horrible deaths every year in the US with a good portion of those involving innocent people, thanks to good ol' alcohol. I'd love to see an honest comparison but I doubt the media will promote such agenda-crushing information.

edit on 17-5-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The primary benifit from this test in Colorado is that ultimately you get a pacified, manipulable and easily controlled young populous.

All goes well and the federal government will push for more states to join Colorado.

Legalized, regulated, controlled distribution, taxed....

Once they take your mind, they can remove your will, and eventually claim your soul....

Party on dude's and dudetts.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

We are talking about MJ not iPhones.

MJ= mind control lol

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

into the united states.

which is why we should legalize it and take it from the cartels

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Not mind control. A gateway to apathy and oblivion.

Too stoned to give a #.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You must be talking about alcohol.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: thesaneone

Not mind control. A gateway to apathy and oblivion.

Too stoned to give a $%#.

I think you meant, too drunk to give a crap.
edit on 17-5-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

Different intoxicant and poison altogether... But there are similarities.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Is this your opinion or do you have data to support this nonsense.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join