It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup 2014 Thoughts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Was that a world cup semi final? or Germany V LA Galaxy under 15s?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

I also expected a good clash/game.. I hoped for an exciting game like a lot of other games this tournament. This is just humiliating.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Only half-time and got to say - well done Germany.
Brazil always looked weak in defence but tonight they've been pitiful.

Can imagine it getting pretty wild in Brazil tonight - think if I was there I'd be cabining up.

Lets hope Oranje do something similar tomorrow night - even though I backed Argentina before the tournament started.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well it has been shown before.. But Brazil has proven:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Germany looks like they are destined to win it all. I never seen anything like this. Just goes to show how good The USA was when they only allowed Germany 1 goal against them. More about Howard's defense I suppose. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes mate if this was cricket Germany would have declared. (That'll confuse the North Americans)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

The one thing that has really annoyed me about this World Cup has been the constant praising and almost godlike adulation offered to Messi, Neymar and both of their respective national teams.

The reality is that both are pretty run of the mill and have rode their luck and key decisions have gone their way.

If Brazil had done this to Germany there would be no shutting the commentators etc up eulogising about how brilliant they are. Instead we get them commenting on how Brazil have missed Neymar and Thiago Silva.
Neymar is a decent player but not in the same class as numerous Brazilians before him nor Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Thiago Silva is a decent defender, that's it, nothing special.

And just to prove a point I'd love it if Holland do something similar to Argentina tomorrow night.

Germany have shown what a team can do when they have a plan, stick to it, work for each other and play to your strengths rather than papering over weaknesses.
They have skill and discipline in abundance.

Anyway, apologies, rant over.

Time for another methinks......drink that is.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I enjoyed that SOOOO much, more than I should really.

Brazil have been dirty, fouling, cheating A-holes throughout this tournament.... so overrated too!!
So was great to see Germany tear them to pieces.

History made tonight.

Incredible stuff.
edit on 8/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

So many jokes about Brazil...
I can't take it an Neymar

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well that was something I never expected to see! Brazil 1-7 Germany.

Yep , Messi has rarely shone in an Argentinian shirt like he does for Barcelona. Neymar is still a lot of hype and a lot of hope as far as I'm concerned.

I have always looked back to 1982 and thought of how magical that Brazil side were only to outdone by Paolo Rossi. After that they adopted a more physical 'European' style of play and relied on one or two skilful talisman. But without the discipline of even the lesser talented sides on our own continent they stink when they lack real flair.

My whole life (other than that amazing 5-1 in Munich under Sven) has been one of admiration (if somewhat grudgingly at times) of the West German and then German National Football teams. Fans here in England (and I am fairly sure some of the England players) now seem to subscribe to the view that their club is more important than their national team.

The Germans appear to NEVER have taken that view when it comes to international football. They expect to win a tournament and a semi-final knockout is a disappointment to them. Meanwhile we have people from whatever city supporting a team full of foreigners (and probabaly managed by one) at their local club whilst many of them vote UKIP because immigration is a major problem. It's kind of I-wonic.

I was very impressed by how Jurgen organised the USA team whereas Woy sort of wuwied about Wooney, wubbed his face and dampened down expectations until we had a dead wubber against Costa Weaker......

edit on 8/7/14 by mirageman because: Wuddy words Woy

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Brazil vs Germany FULL highlights in 10 seconds

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Can't disagree with any of that post at all,

Club before country seems to be the norm for supporters, players, managers and owners, especially the bigger clubs.
And is it any wonder with so many foreign owners, managers and players?

We need a radical rethink.
Like I've said before; football in the UK is just a reflection of society in general.

I admire the Germans for their single mindedness, their resolve and their attention to detail.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Tonight is the night for us! I'm just hoping Holland will tear up Argentina like our neighbours did Brazil and we will have our dream final of Germany vs. Holland.

Tonight we will revenge our loss against Argentina in the '78 finals, we already avenged Spain in our group match for the loss in the finals of 2010, and we can hopefully revenge Germany on Sunday for our loss in the finals of '74.

Three birds with one stone and we lift the cup freed from our national traumas.

Hup Holland!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Good luck Holland! Always liked your team very much

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RationalDespair
Tonight is the night for us! I'm just hoping Holland will tear up Argentina like our neighbours did Brazil and we will have our dream final of Germany vs. Holland.

Tonight we will revenge our loss against Argentina in the '78 finals, we already avenged Spain in our group match for the loss in the finals of 2010, and we can hopefully revenge Germany on Sunday for our loss in the finals of '74.

Three birds with one stone and we lift the cup freed from our national traumas.

Hup Holland!

Tonight I have put the tulips out by the windmill, kicked off my clogs and will open a can of Oranjeboom in the hope that our neighbour across the North Sea can kick those Argies out of the World Cup. Still haven't forgiven the hand of the Maradona goal and Simeone's play acting to get Golden Balls sent off.

And joking apart the Netherlands are a team who deserve a World Cup win after so many near misses. Always loved that late 80s team that won the Euros with Gullit, Rijkaard & Van Basten.
edit on 9/7/14 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well this is a very different game to yesterday

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
yuk i hate a penalty shoot out.
a reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, sorry Holland and all your supporters.......but we were the rightful winners right from the beginning........well played, though!

Now to beat Germany on Sunday!!!

Argentina to win!

EDIT: All my English friends in the UK are supporting Argentina now! lol
edit on 9-7-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Argentina is going to get slaughtered by Germany. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join