It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Cup 2014 Thoughts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

why not brazil?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gilbis

brazil winners messi top scorer lahm best player

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Brazil will beat Croatia tonight 2-1 and England will win the world cup

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The dutch are in a good mood, Friday the 13the is our lucky day

edit on 13-6-2014 by earthling42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The standard of Refereeing so far is appalling.

Really glad Mexico won today, but annoyed that Brazil won last night.... Croatia deserved something, Brazil cheating as usual.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Brazil's win was more luck than anything else. At best, it should have been a draw 1-1.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yeah mate, only two games in and the refereeing has been absolutely atrocious - it stains the whole tournament - as if it didn't have enough detractions.

Holland v Spain on now, could be an absolute cracker of a game.
Tonight I am Oranje.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yep... Spain's reign is coming to an end

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think so too mate.

I've took Holland to win the group and had a little bet on them to win today at 100/30.
Also had them to win 2-1.....can't win all the time.

Spain's bubble has burst.
This Holland team look a good blend of youth and experience etc and they seem to be free from the internal divisions that have troubled them in the past.
Still a long way to go though mate.....and I wouldn't swap my 6/1 I got for Argentina just yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
On paper, Argentina look strongest in attack(and I've got them in a works sweepstake).

Brazil look strong, and it's in their back yard.

So it wouldn't surprise me if one of them win.

But this is the World Cup and anything can happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Yep... Spain's reign is coming to an end

5-1, I'd say that's a sure sign

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I had my money on Netherlands to win WOOOHOOO

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Jesus that's a good price for that game mate, well done.
This tournament has been great so far, poor refereeing decisions aside.

Better than the last 2 tournaments put together...

Some cracking games coming up too.

edit on 14/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm hoping for Germany to win the final like I always do, but I wouldn't mind seeing Netherlands take the trophy home. I've always liked their clean traditional style.

I was cheering for England today. A bit disappointed they lost. Seems like they left their heads at home and made so many mistakes out there. I hope they improve their game so they can advance to the next round.

I would also like to see the outcome of the tournament decided by the players and not the referees. There have been some horrible game changing calls in recent world cups.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
World Cup has been very good so far, a few great matches already and nice attacking football from almost every team.

Forza Azzurri!!!
edit on 588Sundayam2014-06-15T08:07:14-05:00kSun2014810 by BlackDog10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Seeing as how it will soon be midnight.....

The day is finally here.

Four years worth of work by Jurgen Klinsmann, its time to see the result on the biggest stage.

Let's Roll...

edit on 16-6-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
USA vs Ghana will feel like a home game for USA:

20,000 US Soccer fans in Natal for World Cup opener against Ghana

If reports out of Natal are to be believed, the United States Men’s National Team could have upwards of 22,000 fans packed into the Arena das Dunas for Monday’s clash with Group G rival Ghana.

Word of the incredible support – which would ensure half of the stadium would be a sea of red, white and blue – comes from attendees of the pre-match conference on Sunday night in Natal.

There, the numbers were provided to Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan, who said the Black Stars are expecting US support to be very strong.

From Soccerwire:

"Definitely the United States will be coming in their numbers to support their players. That is what we’ve witnessed from the past two World Cups playing against them. Definitely sometimes the fans play a very, very important role in the game, they keep on cheering their players to give them more power to keep doing what they’re doing – not forgetting, we’re on the field, we’re the players, not the fans."

"The fans can do their job, they have to make sure they cheer their players, but it’s the 22 players on the field which are dealing with each other … We have to just stay focused and play our normal game."

The US and Ghana kick-off Monday at 6:00pm ET.

edit on 16-6-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
US Fans march to match in Natal, Brasil:

Reaction from around the US to the game winning goal:

Copacabana beach in Rio:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's good to see football get more attention in the USA. Hopefully they manage to knock out Portugal in the next game, I think they have a good chance because portugal are kinda broken and shaky right now and with no Pepe or Concentrao in def. and an unfit ronaldo there is hope for them.

Watching England now...of course Suarez scored. Hope Uruguay win this one. I hope Germany or Argentina win the World Cup though. If Argentina does it nobody can question Messi's status as one of the best ever. (the Cry7 fans keep bringing Messi down for not having a world cup title on his resume..lol)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join