It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic didnt sink, its sister the Olympic did!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You know what? It's a slow day, so I'll do the research for you. Google is your friend. Here are 9900 words of straight up debunking for you to peruse. Like I said...THOROUGHLY DEBUNKED.
www.markchirnside.co.uk...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
And yet more...
Checkout "Olympic and Titanic: The Truth behind the Conspiracy." Oh, and for the record, EVERY SINGLE part of the wreck that has been recovered from the Titanic? Yeah, the construction number 401 was found on all of them. 401 was the Titanic's construction number, the number of the Olympic was 400. Again...DEBUNKED.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
You know what? It's a slow day, so I'll do the research for you. Google is your friend. Here are 9900 words of straight up debunking for you to peruse. Like I said...THOROUGHLY DEBUNKED.

Wow, I was looking at that as you posted

This caught my eye:

Bruce Ismay confirmed that the Titanic ‘cost $7,500,000 ’ and was insured ‘for $5,000,000 , I understand .’

The R.M.S. Olympic also cost $7,500,000 to build.

Link

What a great insurance fraud, they lost $2,500,000.

And before you mention the damage to the Olympic, the damage to the Olympic "did not exceed $125,000."

Yep, a genius insurance scam if I ever saw one /sarcasm.
edit on 16-5-2014 by ionwind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

And yet more...
Checkout "Olympic and Titanic: The Truth behind the Conspiracy." Oh, and for the record, EVERY SINGLE part of the wreck that has been recovered from the Titanic? Yeah, the construction number 401 was found on all of them. 401 was the Titanic's construction number, the number of the Olympic was 400. Again...DEBUNKED.

Most of these artifacts, like sinks, rivets, pieces of the hull that have 401 are in the Titanic Exhibits and hard to find online. If you haven't been to one, you should go (and look for 401 or 400). The artifacts range from sad personal items to beautiful jewelry. A time capsule really.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ionwind

Furthermore the insurance (what little they had) was underwritten by a parent company of White Star Lines.........so in reality they would have lost the full $5m

As I said in an earlier post, it's a nice conspiracy theory but the holes in it are bigger than the one that sank the Titanic in the first place!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
S+F to the OP!

While I do not believe this particular theory is true, I found the post to be a very interesting read.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There's a theory out there that the Titanic or "Olympus" was sank to kill off multiple men who opposed the creation of the Federal Reserve. These men were very wealthy, one was John Jacob Astor IV. At the time he was thought to be one of the richest men alive.

Anyway, I find it interesting that this grand ship, whether it be the Titanic or the Olympus, just managed to sink and kill all of the men who opposed something that may have been one of the greatest frauds in history (and continues to be).

I find it funny too how all these people here are dismissing this off and putting it off as completely rubbish. Yeah of course at first it sounds like rubbish. It starts to make sense when you see the motive.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Revelations29

There's a theory out there that the Titanic or "Olympus" was sank to kill off multiple men who opposed the creation of the Federal Reserve. These men were very wealthy, one was John Jacob Astor IV. At the time he was thought to be one of the richest men alive.

So how did they do that?....or more importantly, who did it?

I ask this because it is a fact that the Titanic hit an iceberg, survivors have confirmed this, so who was "in on it ?"....the Captain?....the crew?....the iceberg?

I am as close to 100% sure as you can be that the Titanic hit an iceberg and sank, resulting in the loss of 1517 lives.....there was no conspiracy, just a tragic maritime accident.

edit on 16/5/2014 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I don't get it... If people don't want to do what the op asks then why not refrain from posting and commenting????

fifteen posts were about things that were readily addressed in the video. Either watch the video and then comment or refrain from commenting.

Jeez...
'
Jaden

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
One bizarre rumor about the ship happens to be true. Author Morgan Robertson wrote the book ‘Futility or The Wreck of the Titan’ in 1898 about an ocean liner called The Titan with some eerie similarities to the very real Titanic. For instance, both ships were sunk by an iceberg around the same time and even both suffered high casualty rates because of a lack of lifeboats, four more than the Titanic to be exact.

The sinking of the Titanic might have been a huge tragedy and even an unavoidable disaster, but it was far from the largest maritime accident. That dubious honor goes to the sinking of the German ship, the Wilhelm Gustloff. The ship was built in 1937 and first launched as a cruise ship, but was drafted into military service in 1939 as a barracks for submarine trainees and later to transport German refugees on a special mission.

A Soviet submarine spotted the Gustloff while it was illuminated to help it safely through icy shipping waters and fired three torpedos on it. According to newspaper reports, the ship was overcrowded with people at the time of the attack. Estimates put the death toll at 9,400 people, 4,000 of whom were children. The accident was not widely known for several years.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

I don't get it... If people don't want to do what the op asks then why not refrain from posting and commenting????

fifteen posts were about things that were readily addressed in the video. Either watch the video and then comment or refrain from commenting.

Jeez...
'
Jaden

Thank you

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. There's another similar thread on ATS which provides some good images of the "TITANIC" name plate which has seemed to have fallen revealing parts of the "OLYMPIC" name.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did switch the ships out, powerful businessmen tend to regard life very lowly when it comes to their profits.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Well, I don't buy the theory, but it's been an interesting read, as this was one I hadn't heard about before.

There are several reasons I don't buy it. One, the parts all being stamped with the "401" makes it highly unlikely that they could all have been switched. Two, the name shows clearly on the wreckage, and the photo showing the "MP" looks photoshopped to me. Three, and this is a big one, if 15,000 workers worked on this, and would have known, I find it hard to believe that this wouldn't have been exposed after the ship sank. That big a tragedy, and that many people knowing means some of them would have talked.

The most convincing theory I have seen is a recent one that aired on a documentary. This fellow did a lot of research, on why/how they hit the iceberg. Fascinating stuff. If anyone is interested, the whole thing can be watched online free here - Titanic's Final Mystery That's the official site, so totally legal. It's about an hour-and-a-half, and quite interesting.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: borntowatch

I tend to believe this theory, it was a switch.

What one piece of evidence convinces you it was a switch?

Not one, but a plethora of coincidences.
That aside, it was a logical and common sense decision to sink a damaged ship and collect the insurance.
I dont think the plan consisted of so many deaths

How about evidence to suggest otherwise, rather than just saying so

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ionwind

Wow, I was looking at that as you posted

This caught my eye:

Bruce Ismay confirmed that the Titanic ‘cost $7,500,000 ’ and was insured ‘for $5,000,000 , I understand .’

The R.M.S. Olympic also cost $7,500,000 to build.

Link

And before you mention the damage to the Olympic, the damage to the Olympic "did not exceed $125,000."

Yep, a genius insurance scam if I ever saw one /sarcasm.

You say they lost, but they got insurance. they got a pay out when originally they stood to gain nothing at all.
A loss yes, but not a TOTAL loss

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

You say they lost, but they got insurance. they got a pay out when originally they stood to gain nothing at all. A loss yes, but not a TOTAL loss

It would have been a total loss....and a pointless one.....the insurance company was the parent company of White Star Line

How about evidence to suggest otherwise, rather than just saying so

I've provided it.....you just chose not to read it.
edit on 17/5/2014 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Ok, from a public relations standpoint, they have tons to gain. If a ship is sunk, it will curry sympathy. Regardless of the insurance money, that press would be priceless.

Do I think the ship was the Olympic? It is certainly plausible. Things don't add up. Too many coincidences. That being said, life is full of coincidences and unknowns.

The fact that I have never heard of this before is actually shocking to me. While I cannot say one way or another the realities of that fateful night or the months leading up to it, I do know that a tragedy occurred. There was tremendous loss of life and regardless of the circumstances surrounding it, that fact remains.

One thing I would like to point out is why I like this site and it's content. I like that we can think about it. Question it. Review it and perhaps learn from it.

No one today can truly have the true answer in its entirety. I believe the Titanic sank that frigid night in 1912. I also believe that we will continue to ask questions and glean opinions regarding circumstances. And that, my fellow ATSers, is what life is all about.

Good work OP.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If one was going to perpetuate an insurance fraud of this magnitude and with possible political murders plan ned also, surely every step would be made to alter numbers and any reference whatsoever concerning the differences between these two great ships.

People were so poor in those days that had this have beenb the case, I doubt it would have been hard to get a workforce to reweld and exchange parts required.

I will always put the sinking of the Titanic in the same sad box as 9/11 and the Gustloff, because it was a tragedy against innocent people that hit the world headlines and hearts.

I saw the documents on the Titanic conspiracy and possible insuranced fraud which said that Olympic had a broken part which (naturally ( can't remember except that the ship would have sunk due to this at some point) so was not seaworthy. However it didn't mention the part about the men who opposed the Federal Reserve being on board and now of course one sees ruthles dirty hands appearing out of the mist. I think this will stay open until something tangible comes up.

I don't think that you should put too much emphasis on the thought that someone would have spoken out. Remember the Brits were very much under the control of their 'betters', being subjects etc and no-one in those days said boo. The two wars also reinforced the 'touch silent type' because no one was allowed to say what they were involved in and when I grew up that attitude was still slightly there in our home with the 'looks' and sudden silences when certain topics were discussed.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I've heard this theory put never given it much research time that I can recall. And after a quick skim through the comments it seems very much debated still to this day.

However, this doesn't take away from the fact you made a long post easy to read. I was interested throughout, bravo!!

S&F

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
good documentary I would love to see this made into a movie!
My conspiracy mind tells me this could be very well be what happened
lets face it corruption isn't a modern invention.
I've always had my suspicions as to why there was so much media surrounding
the story of the Titanic at the time.
The white star line built ships and sailed all the time why was this one different?

edit on 17-5-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join